“The best detox I have had”
Review of Vila Mimosa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albufeira
Vila Mimosa
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best detox I have had”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was the 4th detox I have done in approx 7yrs and have to say this was my favorite in many ways , Portugal is a 2.5hr flight from Manchester (my last dteox was in Thialand) everything from first contact with the team at Villa Mimosa was very professional. Collection from the airport on arrival and a very warm welcome as I arrived for my time with them as I eased gently in my detox programme at the villa . Nothing was to much trouble and I had an amazing time simply feeling my body detox completely over the length of my stay. The management team run a very professional operation but mainly a very friendly programme to suit the individual on the detox . Accommodation is very comfortable and clean with everything I needed . Top class highly recommended would 100% join the team here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had a great stay in Vila mimosa. The staff was very friendly and always trying to make you happy. The rooms were clean and the 'food' was tasty! I loved the morning walks and the swimmingpool was a relief on the hot afternoons. I would definately recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sigridesther
Glabbeek, Belgium
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my first experience with a detox programme, and a very good one! I have been guided for my detox and my trip some weeks before my stay in Vila Mimosa, also getting guidelines for the week after. I only have superlatives to describe the organisation, the programme, the welcome, the professionalism and dedication of all staff membres, and last but not least the friendliness of everyone around. They are really focused on their guest's welbeing, doing every necessary effort. I was travelling on my own, and enjoyed every minute. I liked the focus on detox, healthy food, walks, treatments and other activities, it's a very balanced programme with sufficiënt possibility to adapt to your own need. I was in a group of around 17 ladies, several of them coming to Vila Mimosa for the second, third or even fifth time! Great experience, again on my wishlist for the future. Thank you Karen, Kees, and all the team! Big hug! Caroline

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Caroline H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Vila Mimosa. This time I followed the mild fasting program all week. Once again I left feeling energised and trim but the difference this time was a feeling of familiarity; the routine was easier and with the mild fasting I had more energy for the exercise on offer. I lost the 2 kgs I had gained over the winter, gained a sun tan and caught up with friends I'd met on my prior visit.
I would recommend thia retreat to anyone looking to get away from it all and rejuvenate. It won't disappoint.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alexa888
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had been on a detox break in Thailand before, which was a really nice, experience, however for me the travelling left me feeling jetlagged for several days and although I lost weight it seemed drastic, with colonic irrigation and clay drinks, which didn't taste great. Vila Mimosa for me was exactly what I wanted from a Spa break and felt more like a health farm, with healthy juices and soups making me feel full of energy and vitality. I did 8 days juice fast and 4 days mild fast. The juices tasted delicious and I have continued to incorporate them into my daily regime. The soups really filled you up and you could have more than one bowl, with as many herbal and fruit teas as you wish. A massage and four lymph drainages were included on the twelve day fast and I booked another two massages. The staff are all lovely, nothing is too much trouble and they will cater for individual needs. There is a morning stretch, a morning walk which helps you to get to know the other members of the team, there is an exercise class late morning, aqua aerobics in the afternoon and an evening stretch or yoga, you can opt out of any of the classes and if you wish you could wear the bath robe supplied, all day if it suits. There is also a sauna and relaxation area and the open fires in the morning and evening gave the place a very homely feel. 2 trips each week are included to Albufeira and Loule and other trips are also on offer including an e-bike ride which is fab. I absolutely loved it and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annette J
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a fantastic experience Karen and the staff maintain... Every day I noticed more of their simple touches, from the dressing of the dining room table, tea lights on the stairs, home made face and body scrubs, hot water bottles to the gorgeous smell of the newly lit fires in the morning. Nothing is too much for them. I was looking to blow away the cobwebs from the winter months and I certainly got that in abundance. The week left me feeling warm and as if I had been wrapped in cotton wool all week... perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own merit. My room on the first floor had a large balcony.