“Food a bit bland”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was slightly disappointing as the food was rather bland. I enjoy flavoursome Mexican & found both the nachos & beef tacos a bit bland. Staff were nice, overall it was an average dining experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I had never been to a mexican restaurant before but am i glad now that i visited here. Food was fabulous! Staff were very friendly! Definately recommend this place!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Not many mexican restaurants in Albufeira so Mi Sombrero is extremely busy all the time, considering this the service was still great and the food quality did not suffer. Food was really good and our waiter was really friendly and even though he was running around when we asked for a group photo he mananged to run and get some sombraos for us to wear for it. wanted to visit a second time but there were far too many restaurants in the old town we wanted to try.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We visited here twice during our holiday - both nights we had to queue for no longer than 5 minutes for a table for 2. Based on the first night this would have been 4 stars - I had the chicken fajitas and my husband had the beef buritto - food that night was amazing. I like that they do small Sangria which was perfect enough for me during meal. Slight lack of ambiance with no music but sometimes have the wee accordian guy out but to be honest i think the place needs its own music.
We enjoyed the food so much we came back a second night only to be dissapointed! Hubby ordered the mixed grill after seeing it looking amazing on someone elses's table but the meat was overcooked to the point of almost being burnt.
I ordered the chicken enchillada which was described as being spicy chicken wrapped in a tortilla filled with jalapenoes, salsa and cheese. When it came there was no flavour or spice to the chicken, no salsa and i found just 2 small jalapeno's in the wrap - severely tasteless and really dissapointing compared to the fajitas. Service is excellent however and was on both nights - the staff do an excellent job of looking after you and making sure you are ok.
Think this could have been either 2 stars or 4 if we had only been on one of the nights but have given it a 3 to comprimise as we did have one really good night here vs one really bad. Think it all really is down to your menu choice.....

Reviewed 13 September 2013

There was a huge queue for Mi Sombrero every night. To begin with the cocktails were delicious, had chips to start and burrito for main. It was nice but I don't think it was worth the queue, would go back for the drinks...I think the Fajita was the best..served sizziling...