Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos
Ranked #104 of 127 Speciality Lodging in Albufeira
York, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I came back from this amazing hotel two weeks ago. I would recommend it to everyone. The weather was hot, with a nice gentle breeze. Staff were great to get along with, always had a good word to say. The rooms were good to my standard, we were out most of the time so they didn't bother us.
Coming back next year for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sarah E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Polish first
Great Cumbrae, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

just a nice place, nice people, good weather, fantastic value for money holiday - would definitely recommend this and will be going back again clean and basic but doesn't appear to be so cheap shops are good too as are the bars - good food

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank CathH513
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel if you could call it that. The staff on reception were rude and seemed as if they didn't want to bother with us. We had a bad experience where we were mugged and assaulted outside hotel when we got out of a taxi. When we reported it to night security he was aggressive and didn't want to help. I rang reception to talk to manager or anyone in regards to what had occurred on their hotel grounds and was told three times throughout the day that no one was available to talk to me seemed to be on lunch all day was response I was given! And in end no one came to talk to us the police were Also no help was basically told these things happen.
On first day we arrived receptionist was rude wen we asked direction of our room and was there anyone available to show us to all she did was draw a rough map we had to climb five flights of slippy cobble stone steps outside to where we came to the room which was appalling I booked and paid for a double room with air conditioning which was advertised on triviago and travel republic but was not the case. It was a dated lip of a place with no beds only two hard couches on either sides a filthy bathroom and d door shutter locks broken as was the bathroom lock. I went to reception to tell them it was not what we had booked and paid for where I was told no room in the hotel had double beds and that the hotel never has had air conditioned rooms I was very upset and the was told it was not the hotels fault it was advertised as that???!!! We only stayed on because we hadn't the money to find somewhere else as we would not be refunded after all we had paid for it over 520 for the week. When I asked if there was a fan available for the room I was laughed at.
Also to have the use of the tv you had to pay extra as well as for remote. The panorama restaurant was the only positive point the meals we had there were all very nice. The pool was dirty and most of the sun loungers broken. I found how we were treated appalling at the hotel worst place I have ever stayed. To be honest the whole place was terrible. Would not recommend to anyone what scared me the most is that there was a lot of families staying and for what happened us nothing to be done about it.

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

St. Albans
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Went here for family holiday with Wife and 2 teenage daughters. The accommodation quality was poor, rooms very old and run down. The beds were terrible, like sleeping on the floor. We all suffered from neck and back aches. Its 50/50 whether you get into a noisy accommodation block. There are loads of noisy Spanish and French youngster who just party in the room to very early hours. If you had young kids it might not be good.
The pool area was good, but get down by 9:30 to get a sun lounger. The bar service is terrible, rarely anyone around to server you. I would hate to be all inclusive here as you wouldn't get value for money, however the restaurant food is good.
The plus side to this place is the location. The Old Town is a real party town with good restaurants and loads of good shops and street entertainment. My family loved the location. Check out the DC bar for good family entertainment with very friendly staff.

The other downside to this holiday property is its at the top of the hill above the Old Town. The walk back, about 3/4 mile up hill, is a major effort if your not fit. The last 1/4 mile must be on a 60 degree incline if you are in one of the rear blocks, a really good workout. If you have elderly people or kids in prams you will struggle on the cobbled paths.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Assassin
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Every negative thing said about this hotel is absolutely true. The room was tiny, filthy and extremely basic. This is more suited to backpackers than holiday makers. They did not even supply towels! The pool was disgusting, filthy and dangerous. Rubbish and blood from where people had cut their feet. The staff on reception are very rude and we had to wait an hour to be served at the bar.The advertised children's play area is a single swing on top of a hill. If you are not able bodied forget it! There are steps everywhere in the complex and the walkways to the beach are slippy cobbles. The part of the complex we stayed in was 20 minutes from the beach. Outside of the complex the area is beautiful and I would definitely visit again - just never in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Westhamgary
surrey
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The positive first! The studio we stayed in was adequately cleaned every day we stayed there. Beds made and towels changed. We never used the cooking facilities at all only the fridge which was nt great the door just about closed. The apartments were close enough to the beach restaurants, bars and supermarkets.A great position.
The pool however was pretty disgusting both inside and the surrounding areas. Sharp tiles on the surrounding areas and was never once cleaned sufficently by sweeping up cigarette butts or by hosing down at all. The tiles on the inside were very sharp in both pools and in the week I stayed there I saw 10 people cut their feet.(repeatedly) The amount of blood in that pool must be pretty high.Staff were not at all interested in this and just shrugged their shoulders when informed. The tiles were grimey and when I went to swim every morning at 9 there were paper wrappers in pool and just bits floating around. In the week I was there I never once saw the pool being hoovered out and never once saw the pool area cleaned.Bins were emptied, that s all.
Staff in cafe area were pleasant but not enough staff to serve the people in restaurant and bar area.Food was edible but not great. Female Reception area staff were very miserable and abrupt obviously no people skills. male staff friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my holiday because of the people I met there Would I go there again ? Only if the pool had major improvements and all staff were actually polite.

Room Tip: No air conditioning!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

arrived at hotel on Sunday 18ths august 2013 at 10 30 in the morning and reported to the reception , where we were told that there was no room available , and we should go away and come back at about 2 o’clock to see if they had one , the woman on the reception was not very helpful and rude .
we went off to find our way around and have a spot of lunch in the panorama bar , which was good , only basic snacks but done to order and served with a smile
returned to reception at 2 o’clock to be snarled at by receptionist that she didn’t have a clue when we would get a room as the cleaning staff hadn’t told her !!! advised to come back in a hour.......eventually got a key at 4 o’clock in the afternoon .(did get help from hotel staff to get cases up to room )
the room was number 78 in a2 block the view was superb.
Everything else about the room wasn’t …
The fridge seemed to be possessed and would run on high , especially at night , and leak all over the floor , the cooker had one ring which worked , everything else didn’t .
All the cutlery was reminiscent of a charity shop , and I had to buy a cork screw (which I donated to bring up the spec of the room )
The bed is a lump of foam on a rickety chip wood frame , decor was straight out of the early 70,s and you must have a key for the safety box to stow your valuables as the doors are not very secure
Sheets weren’t changed daily nor where the towels , was a bit hit and miss with the cleaning .

The hotel is perched on the side of a very steep hill and the pathways are not suitable for anyone who has mobility issues , and you will have to think about what type of shoes you where (I had to buy a pair more suited )

There is a lot of noise in the early hours , mostly form large groups of single sex groups , was disappointed at this a s I thought it was advertised as family , not a 18-30 hotel .

Had one swim in the pool and didn’t have the courage to do another , the sea is cleaner , so go there for your swimming .
That’s if you don’t mind wading through the large amounts of dog mess on the streets to get to the beach .

I booked this hotel via the tinterweb at the last minute , to get us away quickly and cheaply , which is what I got .
Had a lovely time in albufeira and may go back , but never to this hotel .

Room Tip: pick a diferent hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple