“Not what we expected!”

Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos
Ranked #115 of 133 Speciality Lodging in Albufeira
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Mon 16th Sept 2013 early in the morning and didn't know what to expect. It looked nice and reception was near to where the coach dropped us off. As we were early, our room wasn't ready for a while. We sat in silence in the reception area sweating and not once were we acknowledged by the staff.
Once our room was ready, it was like doing an assault course as there were so many steps to our apartment. After sweating profusely we arrived and found the apartment to be basic but ok.
Fast forward to the evening and being All Inclusive meant food and drink was served all day. We had lunch and toured the grounds. Very very steep and hard to manoeuvre around if elderly.
Dinner was basic. Variety was ok but nothing spectacular that couldn't be had in my own home in the UK.
The grounds was very dimly lit and a bit scary if you had to walk to your apartment on your own.
Our apartment was also dimly lit and needed proper lighting.
The next day we decided to do the '10 min' walk to the beach. Damn!! The steep decline/incline took forever to do. Very arduous if elderly and non fit.
I could go on but will say:
You get what you pay for!
Choose very very wisely!

1  Thank El_Dub
There are newer reviews for Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Well I am actually stil here at this hotel as I write this and its so bad I cant wait until I get home to post my review. The hotel is situated up a hill at the top of the old town so if u cant do stairs or walking DO NOT come here. I came with my heavily pregnant sister, we arrived at night and were put in a room which was up 7 flights of stairs at the top of the complex then we were on the third floor inside the apartment block with another 3 flights. Apparently there was a porter service but we were not told about that. The room was awful. Dated, drab and very dark. Serious lack of lights and those there was would have benefited from bulbs! The bathroom smelled foul, the water from the tap ran brown and the balcony didn't lock.
We spoke to reception the following day to move rooms due to my sister struggling with the stairs and the staff on reception were rude and dismissive with 1 woman commenting that she had also been pregnant so what! After much wrangling we were moved to a lower room which on the whole was better, however I use that loosely.

Then comes the pool area... not enough sunbeds for the capacity of the hotel and those there are are broken. There's a handul of cushioned pads to make the experience of sunbathing slightly more comfortable but you have to be up at the crack of dawn to claim 1. The pool itself and the area surrounding is clean enough but an extreme lack of ashtrays means fag ends dotted around. The pool bar was open most days but the 1 staff kept vanishing so u would be left waiting ages for them to return to get a drink. The same goes for the internal bar. Most people here are all inclusive so there is a 2 drink per person policy which is pretty standard bu they are served in tiny plastic cups which is gone in a couple of mouthfuls.

The staff are the most miserable I have ever had tbe unfortunate experience of encountering. So much for being in the hospitality game. Absolutely nothing hospitable about any of them. They are all rude and ignorant being very dimmisive and unfriendly with the guests.
On an evening the inside bar is the only bar and is only ever staffed by 1 person so we ended up havin to queue for ages to get served. The bar closes at 11pm and the queue extends out around the pool and if you were not in the queue before they WILL NOT serve you.

Now on to the food... OMG its horrific! DO NOT come here for the food. It is bland, flavourless and none of the buffet items actually makes a meal. If u like chips and bread then you are in luck. Although the bread/rolls are rock hard. Breakfast was the best meal. Im not a fussy eater but quite often all I ate was a tomato sandwich. The leftovers from the day before are made into new dishes the following day usually with some potato topping.
I have travelled quite a bit and had last minute cheapies but have never stayed anywhere quite as awful. I dont usually write reviews or complain but on this occasion have felt compelled as its just been soooooo bad allround. I know u always read these reviews and take them with a pinch of salt mostly but believe them on this one. There is nothing I would recommend or compliment about this place and I just cant wait to get home.
Venture here at your own peril! Better still pick somewhere down the road.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend had a fantastic holiday. The food was basic but really tasty and there was something new to try every night. There was a barbecue on the Saturday night where there was a huge choice of meats, salad, pasta salad and sides as well as a fantastic musician who played songs to suit everyone. The room was traditional- not dated. The maids were great bearing in mind they're not there to clean up after you they are there to empty the bin change the towels and make the beds. Having been a made myself I was pleased with the service.
Overall we got more for our money than expected and were extremely happy.

Just remember that you get what you pay for!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Ill make it as simple as possible.
Dont stop here.
Alot was wrong with this hotel. Food not good.
Rooms not secure.
Beds were like sleeping on concrete.

Very dated and i mean dated. Nothing has been changed since it was built 50yrs ago.
Staff were good
No cider or guinnes was in with it.
Drinks stopped at 11pm
pm. Cherp brands.
Food again not good. We complained whilst there, nothing was done.
If you want to pay alot for something cheep go ahead. You have to experience it for yourself. I paid £600 just for hotel .
Location good. A hill yes walking back but nothing major. Footpaths slippy yes but all like that.
10 mins to old town.
15 from old town to new town.
My advise go somewhere else. If not please experience this hotel for yourselves. You have to laugh.
Again food was like slop.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were put in Block A2 CAVE 66 (was the name on the back of the door). We got a shock as it was like stepping back in time as it was the darkest depressing place we've ever had to stay in. Beds were like hard foam and we had sore backs. We were told it would have a view of a garden ha ha a view of the back of the kitchen. To the front door we were below underground level so you can imagine how grim this was. Nothing like what was advertised on line. The food was unbelievable crap the worst we have ever come across. It meant that we had to eat out to survive. We felt as all inclusive customers they had our money and we didn't deserve curtsey at all. If you are a mountain goat it would be perfect. I went over on the cobbles and hurt my ankle which made it harder. It was an endurance test I never want to go through again or wish on anyone else. You'd probably get better food in gaol. E & J

Room Tip: Just don't go there for your health's sake. If you dislike someone send them here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We arrived after 12 noon and told to come back at 3 as check in not allowed until then. We put our cases in the luggage room and headed into Old Town for couple of hours. Didnt appreciate the climb back would be like Everest in the hot sun.
We were then given a room at the absolute peak of the appartments and had to carry our case all the way up. We lost count at the 5th flight of cobbled steps.Receptionist gave us a little map and said "just up them steps". Yeah, right.
The room was very disappointing. Two couch beds with table placed between the two. Not a good start. I objected to being placed up there due to my medical condition, and thankfully, they gave us another room within the hour at the foot of the appartments. Much better room although the "beds" no different. The room was more pleasant. Quick clean by maid everyday with fresh towels. Bed changed few times the week we were there.
The pool area is one of the busiest i have ever known on holiday. I was up at 9.30am and only handful beds left. Most without padding!. Take note Jardim, you need to provide more quality beds here.
Pool seemed clean enough, however, the steps in an out were very shakey, i am not a huge person, but even i was scared it would come away from the wall.
Would i stay again?? If i could put it nearer to town and could pick my room, prossibly. The climb up the steep bank by the end of the week became a real chore, and I am used to walking a lot back home.
They can get very noisy late evening - other guests who forget what bed-time is. Usually its noisy brits, but not here.
I don't have high expectations when I travel abroad, I tend to book value accomodation. I paid more than i usually would and don't really think this was worth it to be honest.
Not bad, but there is better out there.

Room Tip: Ask for bottom tier appartment or near reception
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from staying at this hotel for a 7 night holiday. The staff are friendly, if a bit overworked, which can make them appear rude at times. The hotel need to employ more staff.
The rooms were spacious, very clean & quiet. No experiences with ants or cockroaches so no idea where these complaints come from.
Food is buffet style for every meal. Not brilliant but totally edible & hot. The BBQ on 2 nights is great.
Drinks are great on the all inclusive deal. Super Bock is a great beer, as are cocktails of the day & spirits. Could do with larger cups/glasses lol. Plus additional staff so pool bar is always staffed.
All in all a great stay apart from hotel location. Hope you like climbing hills. All uphill from town to hotel. Only real gripe. But £420, inc flights for 7 nights AI is great value.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
Balaia-Sol Holiday Club
#147 of 154 in Albufeira
Hotel Mirachoro Albufeira
Hotel Mirachoro Albufeira
#99 of 154 in Albufeira

Been to Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos? Share your experiences!