Please anyone reading this DO NOT book this hotel. me and my partner went here for a romantic get away for our anniversary. We has 2 days before we both became sick from this 'virus we brought from the UK'...aka Food Poisoning. On the first day we were there I was so glad to see staff checking the temperature of the food as it was put out, however this is then left out for hours on end, some without heated lamps and some uncovered. Another guest warned us on the first night that people were getting sick and to use the antibacterial hand gel which was provided at locations throughout the hotel which we did religiously from that point on wards.
I spoke to the lady at reception whilst we were ill, I have been a hotel receptionist in the past and I did not want to cause a scene by ranting so I spoke to her away from the other guests and asked if anyone else was getting sick at the hotel. She made the worst mistake by pretending she didn't understand me! I then asked again if they had made people sick by giving them food poisoning which she replied ah yes the doctor has been out, it is a virus you have brought over from England!! When she tried to dismiss me I asked if I should go to the doctor or if he recommended medicine, she then pulled an empty ice cream tub from under the counter filled with all sorts of tablets and proceeded by cutting a few tablets out of each pack and passed them to me, I has to ask when I should take them...how many....she was handing these out as if she was a chemist with no understanding of our potential allergies.
The staff at this hotel seem to be very uneducated as there is such thing as viral food poisoning which this is, no effort was made to contain the outbreak, staff should have forced guests on entry to the restaurant to use the antibacterial hand gel.
On the last 2 nights still shaky and terrified to eat at the hotel even though we had paid to be all inclusive, we ventured out into the town where speaking to locals this hotel is well known for poisoning guests year after year and they do nothing about it!
Don't believe the management response I have read on another review that it was only 1% of the hotel that got sick, everyone we spoke to we asked if they had gotten sick and they all had.
This place should be shut down, it is ruining holidays and seems like nothing will be done until they end up killing someone. Such a shame as it is a lovely hotel in the perfect location.
Please take my advice, don't put your loved ones at risk!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal