We have just returned from a 4 night stay. As we entered the hotel lobby we were met with a pervading smell of rotting that had a tinge of bleach where this had been used unsuccessfully to eliminate the odour. The hotel is very much as shown in the photos and well situated with the beach just a stone's throw away. The rooms are divided into several blocks, the furthest being about 7 minute walk to the pool. HOWEVER... if you want an all inclusive holiday, find somewhere else! We were given a hint of the restrictions of an all inclusive in the hotel's information booklet, advising that customers should be conscious of the amount of waste in the world. We were asked to limit our food until we were sure we liked it, as we could return for more! Whilst I abhor the waste of food, having paid for our holiday, we felt it was unnecessary for the hotel to highlight this. We were also restricted in enjoying our drinks, be it tea/coffee, soft/alcoholic. As other reviews have mentioned, there are 3 bars but there was only one open at any time. There were always long queues and only 2 staff serving (sometimes one) at a time. This was not how we wanted to spend our holiday. Added to which there was a sign advising us that only would drink would be served each time. The food was extremely bland and we were made to guess at what a lot of dishes were as not all were labelled. Vegetarians were not catered for at all in terms of protein based foods - unless they ate (bland) fish. Be aware that even dishes with nuts were not provided with labels. Again, in the dining room whilst it was self-service, we had to wait for a busy member of staff to spot us and ask us what we wanted to drink - even water. We felt extremely restricted in our ability to enjoy an all inclusive experience. On the positive side... the staff were friendly, the rooms clean with towels changed daily. Would we go again... no. BTW the spa and gym were small and not working.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal