“enjoyed our holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“enjoyed our holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My friend and I have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel 3/11 to17/11/13 and we found all the staff very friendly indeed in every department. We had 2 rooms in D block 321 & 322 with balconies over looking the beach, we had no complaints about the rooms the beds were comfortable, cleaned and towels changed every day and bedding changed every third day or more often if needed. We had a fridge , a kettle, and my friend also had a microwave in her room, not that we needed it but it was nice to be able to make tea in the morning, and have cold bottled drinking water in the fridge.If you take your tea bags you can buy bottled water in the hotel shop or less than half price at the local shops. The indoor pool was like getting into a sauna it was lovely not very big but just fine, the outdoor pool was very cold but that was to be expected at this time of the year, There is one thing we would like to change if it was possible and that is the food in the pool restaurant needs to be covered more as there are flies around and this is causing problems with sickness with the guests. I myself had a bad bout of it for 24hrs. I must admit the staff are very concerned if told and they ring the room to enquire and sent up a tray of chicken soup and 2 bananas and camomile tea which helped. We were all inclusive which I don't think we would again we would just have 1/2 board as the food in the mornings were good and plenty of choice and the evening meal was fine considering they have to cater for different nationalities.
We loved the area a few minutes walk to the strip and a lovely walk along the sandy beach to Albufeira old town taking about 20 mins. There is also a free bus twice a day from the hotel to the town and return later. I would stress that if you are disabled or have trouble with your legs there are lots of steps and I mean lots and quite a hard walk down to the beach which also included many steps so this hotel isn't really suitable, we were never told about the steps and there was nothing in the brochure about them. Overall we enjoyed our holiday and would go back again especially to that area of Portugal

Room Tip: D Block if possible 3rd or 4th floor end rooms seem to be larger
1 Thank yorkyEngland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

rooms are clean and tidy, as is the rest of the hotel
pool is good although cold during the winter months, indoor pool best!
some of the facilities are a bit shaby, however not off putting

food is cafeteria style and basic, DO NOT EAT THE PAELLA, had the runs the last few days, even eating it I knew it was wrong, and no I didn't have ten pints of beer after it
its common sense that I ignored to my peril

overall the experience was a good one for a cheap away weekend in the sun

Algarve
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We had a lovely short vacation in this hotel. Our balcony looked right on the beach, the beds were comfortable. The hotel is quite old and run down, but for the price it was well worth it. This was the second time we stayed here, and will gladly return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here for a week 3/11/13, I was worried after reading reviews but I was extremely pleased with the holiday.
I found the reception staff very helpful, the location is fantastic, bedrooms are dated but cleaned everyday.
The food I thought for what we paid was as expected, plenty of choice, if you want fine dining pay more money.
I wanted to share some tips that I learnt when abroad in the past.
Take anti-bacterial hand gel
Do not eat salad as it will be washed in their water, if you want to be healthy eat cooked veg
Do not have ice in your drinks
Buy bottled water, you can do so at the hotel
Only eat fruit you can peel.
Everyone I spoke to that had the bug ate salad, we were fine. Its the same at a lot of places, its just common sense.
I really think people should stop complaining about the steps, its obvious and I was reminded 3 times before I completed booking, its not the hotels fault if you don't read the details.
I've been to 5 star resorts for 4 times the price I paid for this cheap break and got a lot more than I expected for a quarter of the price.
Overall I thought it was a very good cheap holiday and I will definitely go back, I don't understand a lot of the reviews, you get what you pay for and it exceeded my expectations.

Also just wanted to say my partner left an ipod in the room, we rang the hotel from faro airport and they asked for our home address and I received it in the post this morning, paid for by them evenb though we said we would cover costs. excellent customer service!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liddon2013
Conwy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed 7 nights from 26th October 2013, myself, my partner our teenage daughter and 2 friends. We got a really good deal off Travel Republic and have stayed in over 20 all inclusive hotels over the past 15 years, so we have a good idea of quality.

All I can say is that none of our party had any concerns with the quality and variety of food and drink, the hotel was clean, the beds were comfy, the views were incredible and the staff were always polite and cheerful.

There are plenty of restaurants and bars on The Strip within 10 minutes walking distance and for 5 euro you can get a taxi to The Old Town,I would recommend the restaurants on the sea front for quality and value.

There seems to be two types of people, those who look for the good and those who go out of their way to search for the negatives. In my opinion the latter will always miss out on incredible opportunities in life and will never be satisfied.

I am glad that these type of people will not be coming back to Auramar Beach as this will only make our next stay even more pleasurable.

Thank you to all the staff for making our 7 days as relaxing and trouble free as it could be.

Room Tip: Floors 4 and above will usually have best views but more steps.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Expro
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

On a short stay at this hotel we were struck down with v&d all the hotel staff would say was go to the chemists and buy Imodium. Later on talking to other guests we discovered the hotel is riddled with this problem and should be closed down on health grounds, this will not happen so just don't go!!!

Room Tip: Don't go.
3 Thank Maturecouple22

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My partner and i stayed at the Auramar hotel on 21-28th of October 2013. After reading the reviews before we went i too was a little sceptical, but the negative reviews can't be that bad surely (or so i thought?) On arrival we were greeted with an awful smell, can't describe what it was? after speaking to other guests the conclusion was: sweaty feet and suntan lotion.

After checking in we were shown to our room, after decending down 63 stairs we finally reached our room (bearing mind we had to climb the 63 stairs to return to reception each time).

Yes, the hotel is outdated to say the least, a lot of maintenance needs to be done at this hotel, maybe gutting & starting again! the bar staff, cleaners and hotel staff in general appeared miserable and very rarely smiled. This hotel is definitely NOT for the disabled or people with mobility problems.

Food was nothing to shout about, couple of the guests were ill with D&V, in fact one lady at the next table to us collapsed during evening dinner with stomach pains. The alcohol tasted weak, in fact my partner and i used to test the drinks to find out what it was.

So be warned if your considering this hotel, not for the fainthearted!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 625lynn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
Monica Isabel Beach Club
#9 of 162 in Albufeira
Hotel Atismar
Hotel Atismar
#42 of 49 in Quarteira

Been to Auramar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!