Arrived at the hotel after being the last ones dropped off. We actually passed out hotel twice. We arrived about 9:25pm, didnt take long to check in. I asked about getting some dinner and waa told this had just closed, but we could get burgers and chips from 10-11. So went to our room. This was dated but clean. There was a lack of lights in the main room. Lovely view of the ocean. Overall though it was ok.
Then a sandwich and drink was brought up to the room which was a nice surprise.
We went to get the burgers etc that the reception told us about, but there were no snacks! As we
Had a sandwich we didnt bother asking again.
There was WIFI in the lobby/reception which was good. There was a lobby bar but not
Open, this was a pain as it was a long walk to the bar or pool bar. I heard someone complaining and hey were told it was too noisy to open!
There were a lot of steps at this hotel which was ok for us but i wouldnt suggest going to this hotel if you have difficulty walking.
The food was ok. Ive had better but also had worse. There was always something to eat. And local reataurants were not that expensive if you fancied a change.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
The entertainment was ok. Not always my cup of tea but ive been to other hotels with worse. At least they seemed to make an effort.
Its location is good, about a half hour walk along the beach and you are in the old town. And 10 minutes the other way your in the main strip. Not much open over xmas when we stayed.
Overall was a good hotel. I would maybe try another hotel but if the price was good i would go back again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal