“Brilliant,perfect , just what's needed :)”

Auramar Beach Resort
Ranked #71 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Birmingham
“Brilliant,perfect , just what's needed :)”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for a week just about to leave and what can I say :) there are a few steps lol but it's all fun especially when your drunk haha :) but I must say the hotel complex is excellent I can't understand the other reviews, to start of with the rooms they are abit old fashioned but they are very clean and tidy you get your bed, toilet , a bidet (also good for a toilet when drunk) shower, bath , a little hob, pots ,pans , plates etc , tv , fridge and more :) , secondly the reception (the only place where wi-if is available ) nice big area but although wifi is available it's pretty slow but it's worth paying A couple of quid for the computers as they are fast. The pools areas are great there's the main pool and two small pools. But then there's about a 5 min walk to the nearest beach which has toilets and catering facilites on or a 10 min walk to a bit of a better beach with water sports on ( to get to these you have to pass over a fair few rocks ) , the food was good nice service but don't move tables or chairs etc in the breakfast and dinner service area . This is because the area has quiet a lot of table so they like to make sure that people by you will still beable to pass saftly . There is also a food bit by the main pool open from 11-5 .The hotel has a mini shop in it which is open from 9-9.30 but It closes for an hour at lunch time but this is a bit expensive but as it's a hotel you would expect it . But if you walk out of the hotel and follow the road around for 5 mins there are two little shops that have all you need . Finally the new strip . Walking distance is about 15 mins but there is a bit of a slope haha ( taxi cost for 4 people is only 4 euro though ) , reception will ring you a taxi for 50 cent :) that's about it though :) you should visit old town or take the bus tour for 13 euro it's great it takes you everywhere :) the place is great and the staff are nice , have a good holiday

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Con-197per

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
YORK
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just returned from this hotel after a 9 day stay, we Found the hotel very limited with food choices especially for children,the breakfast menu was poor & our room was dark with limited views however after a terrible night with extremely noisy guests at either side of us we got moved to a far better side of hotel with beautiful views. The hotel is in need of a total re vamp as it's decore is shabby and the amount of steps very tough going. The sun loungers were well worn and dirty,but the staff very helpful and friendly the night entertainment for children very good as was the evening shows. I would return to the algarve but unfortunatly not to this hotel

Room Tip: Not recommended if your unable to tackle steps as there are a great many of them to access every are...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LAMBCHOPYork
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stunning location, however, hotel
Staff were not friendly with the exception of the restaurant staff. Poor choice of food for children, cleaners were extremely rude and unhelpful. This is a hotel with great potential, however, would not recommend for families, far better hotels in The Algarve.

Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Glasgow
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have just arrived back from the Auramar hotel in Portugal, it was my first time ever going all inclusive and I enjoyed it very much, the location was very nice and the hotel rooms were a little dated but still very lovely. Most of the staff were lovely apart from the maids that were responsible for our room. The staff who ran the kids club were very nice and great to talk to. Thank you very much to Miguel (one of the staff members) who played games with the children everyday (which we really enjoyed). The pools were very good and I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank lucysmith305
hARTLEPOOL
Reviewed 1 July 2014

we arrived at the airport no one there to greet you?after a 70mtr walk with two cases we found our bus !Ariving at the hotel said we have to wait two hour,s to get our room d block no 115 First floor after a long walk! t=The fridge had defrosted over the floor near the door1We had no view but a grass cutter near the window every day kicking up a smell! Cat,s out side of you veranda every day <It says it is not for older people to go down to the sand,s but it does not tell you for you,r lunch at dinner time you have to go down about 70steps to have you,r dinner !the climb back up the stair,s 70 odd step.s again !So we asked for another room as we had paid all inclusive and had booked llast year !we got a change of room,s and it was heaven to the other one micro wave irioning board Iron kettle you name it and at last sunshine on the balcony which we had not in the other room! Better bed,s sleep at night !On our way out at 0700hrs to catch the bus we handed our key fob in to get our ten euro back we had not got a ticket after swapping our room so the night porter on the desk whould not give us our 10euro deposit back! So at the air port we went and you guessed we had to wait another three hours as we were delayed 3hours due to French strikes !

Room Tip: floor three D 300 onward,s
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NORTHEASTJANE
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife & I stayed at this hotel in February 2014 for 4 nights. although the weather wasn't great the hotel was spot on for what we paid. Great short break location, 1 min from the beach, 2 min from the bars & only 15 mins walk away from Albufeira town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul m
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here in June 2012 and loved the place, however stayed here for the second time in June this year and have to say the quality of the food has been reduced somewhat, for example there wasn't much in the way of fruit and the food was sometimes cold and trays not replaced quickly enough. It wasn't that busy in the restaurant and on 2 occasions we decided to set the table ourselves for our evening meal because we waited that long for someone to serve us. In addition to this ,some of the staff were extremely rude, the young woman with long dark hair in the shop for one, I asked her for skimmed milk as I couldn't see it in the fridge and its a different colour to ours, she slammed her fist down, rolled her eyes at me then stomped over to the fridge, glared at me and roughly prodded the carton, I wouldn't care but there was no one else in the shop ! The little man in the poolside bar again was the same, I asked for 2 white coffee s he brought me one, when I stood there waiting for the second one he grunted at me in an aggressive manner, I told him I was waiting for the second one, to which he threw his hands up in the air and said "Why you not ask for two ? " again very aggressively ! to which I replied that I quite clearly asked him for two the first time. Also my partner had been going to the bar all week and getting served with 2 drinks, one for me, when it got to the last day he was served with my drink then told to go to the back of the queue for his own even though the guy next to us had a tray with about 6 pints of beer on it ! When I asked the reason for this we were told that he was a paying guest and we were all inclusive, like we were second hand citizens. I work in Customer Services myself and think the Auramar should be sending their staff on an intensive Customer Services course ! I won't be staying at this hotel again for this reason but the location and the hotel grounds are lovely and this is what makes this hotel and the cakes are still nice I have to say but I won't be spending my hard earned money in a place where they speak to people like dirt. Put me in mind of Fawlty Towers !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple