Can't believe some of the whingers on here. Just returned from a short break at the Auramar and have no complaints whatsoever. After reading some of the reviews on here we were prepared for the worst. Smell in reception? Nope, got a faint whiff of bleach day 3 but so what, surprisingly we didn't spend too much time in reception!
Steps to the beach? Yep, but no big deal, the hotel is built on a cliff, what the hell do you expect, a lift?
Food? We were half board, not fantastic but edible and a huge choice, you could always find something that you'd like and the restaurant was massive with gorgeous sea views. Ok it may have been a bit 'motorway services' but perfectly acceptable, remember this is a 3 star not the Ritz!
The beaches were fantastic and tide permitting you could walk the 20 odd minutes to the old town along the sea front. 3 free buses a day back to the hotel meant that if you timed it right you could walk there, have a meal and a few drinks and get a lift back!
The pools, indoor and outdoor were clean and there was a (very) mini gym (a few bikes, a treadmill and a multigym) for exercise freaks like myself. Clean towels and room cleaned every day.
As for the saddo who posted photos of the leaking corridors when it rained, get real pal is that really all you had to moan about?!!
The 'strip' was about a 10 minute walk and was your typical resort run of bars and eateries. We found one that did a brilliant selection of cocktails, had a live rock band and felt very reminiscent of a Hard Rock Cafe.
Overall had a fantastic time, the weather was brilliant, even at this time of year, and we WILL be going back again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal