Never again! Words of warning; if you have a baby or child under 2 years old, read below before you consider leaving them in the baby/petit club. We left our 8 month old boy ( the club starts for 4 months old+), for only 1 hour and returned 10 mins early to find him crying and very distressed; sitting alone on the floor, unattended, with no toys and no play mates. Call this a Baby Club? Where were the staff? Where was the Baby Club Manager? When we complained, we didn’t even receive an apology, and we were not given an explanation as to why he was left screaming, distressed and completely ignored by staff. Both the manager of the baby club (and her boss) said that older children take priority over a screaming baby. In our opinion this Baby Club isn’t suitable for younger children/babies.
After getting nowhere with the ‘manager’ of the baby club, we eventually complained directly to ‘Village Director’; he talked the talk; he said he would investigate the situation, but in reality he did absolutely nothing! (we saw him the next day and he completely ignored us!)
We have sent an official letter of complaint to the Club Med Head Office and we are awaiting a response.
As for the rest of the hotel:
1. It’s in desperate need of refurbishment; tiles coming of the swimming pool, which isn’t heated and it's freezing cold.
2. Food: on the surface it looks good, but my husband got food poisoning and was ill for the rest of the week.
3. Bedrooms: Okay, but not what you would call ‘family’ accommodation; just a normal sized hotel bedroom with a cot!
4. Staff: Hit and Miss! Okay until you complain, then they don't want to know.
5. Grounds: Lovely view of the sea
6. Cleaning: Hit and Miss
7. Overall: We won’t be going back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Da Balaia stands on an ochre cliff in southern Portugal, overlooking a magnificent white sand beach. The Resort allies sports and well-being in an outstanding setting. It's a world to unwind in, perfumed by the woody scents of parasol pines, olive trees and eucalyptus. Comfort and cosiness are to be found everywhere, even in the reception area where marble floors and deep red walls set the tone. This is a Club Med Resort where families, golfers and Spa enthusiasts live together in harmony. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Da Balaia Hotel Albufeira
- Da Balaia Club Med
- Club Med Albufeira
- Albufeira Club Med
- Club Med Da Balaia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal