“Great for a winter break”

Rocamar Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Ranked #39 of 163 Hotels in Albufeira
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great for a winter break”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We arrived February 1st 2014 for 5 nights , despite booking in October 2013 and requesting and paying for a fifth floor sea view room on arrival we were allocated an inferior room on second floor. After rejecting this and debating with the reception staff for thirty mins we were reluctantly re- allocated to room 512.
This was a huge improvement with panoramic views, without the views we would not stay again. There are no kettle or fridge in room ( small fridge can be hired at extra cost) . Breakfast was fine , typical buffet hot and cold food and plentiful. Evening meal was very dissapointing . Bar prices ok.

Room Tip: FIFTH FLOOR with seaview is a must
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MR. T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel , in Jan/Feb full of more mature people.... Very peaceful though and I loved it.
Would stay here year in year out, it's amazing views, pay the extra for sea view is worth the sunrises are wonderful .....

• Stayed January 2014
9 Thank Jacqueline2656
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Drove by this hotel on the off chance of getting a room for the week and we weren't disappointed.
We had to wait a while for somebody to actually realise we were stood at reception and then the chap on reception wasn't exactly what I'd call friendly, but after a bit of bartering and reluctance on his part we managed to get 6 nights in a sea view room for 300 euros.
We stayed in room 214, which had an excellent view, good wi-fi reception and was spotlessly clean. I think the best rooms are probably 210-216 but you have to bear in mind that the pool is right above and you can hear the water overflow. I found this quite calming but I imagine that when the pool is busy in summer you can get a bit of noise during the day.
I found the breakfast to be excellent. Good range of hot items, bacon and real sausages as well as a choice of fried, boiled and scrambled eggs and a good continental selection. My partner moaned that there were no little cakes or pastries but I think this is rather minor. I loved the big mugs which meant we could have a nice big cup of tea or coffee. We never had the evening buffet but we did stop by for lunch in the restaurant which we found was reasonably priced and offered a good selection.
The spa is good with jacuzzi, small sauna and small steam room but is really only suitable for a couple at a time. During my stay I had a manicure and facial which I thought were excellent for the price and I felt well looked after by Marta.
The hotel is in a superb location, suitable for adults of all ages. My only minor complaints would be that there was a bit of building work going on whilst we were there, such as drilling and sawing which I could hear in our room and the spa. The drinks machine was also out of order for the duration of our stay. Also, as mentioned by previous reviewers, some of the staff could do with a lesson in customer service. Whilst the cleaners, Jorges on the bar and the old chap in the restaurant with glasses were lovely, the rest of them were fairly miserable and worst, downright rude. I would probably have given this hotel an excellent rating had the above been better.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the sea view, it's worth it !
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TheLightSleeper
Sudbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at Rocamar from 14 to 28 January and will definitely be returning. Very clean, staff quite friendly, rooms cleaned to a high standard daily. Snack bar serves a tomato salad for just over 3 euro, delicious. Evening buffet 12 euro for hotel guests, salad bar just over 7 euros. No need to go hungry, however breakfast lukewarm, but lots of choice.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. I did not have a sea view but this did not detract from the holiday, how...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 829Limerick1
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I returned yesterday from a wonderful week at the Rocamar Exclusive Hotel & Spa. I found all the staff there welcoming and hardworking. The cleaners were at it from dawn until dusk and everything is gleeming. Breakfast was buffett style, seved in the beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean Panorama Restaurant. There was enough choice for a variety of breakfasts throughout the week, even for a non meat eater. There are huge china mugs on the table for self serve coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc. I chose a sea view room and was thrilled with it. It had a bath, powerful shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror for make up/shaving. Great lighting, huge mirrors, fluffy towels, and really nice toiletries. The view was amazing of the sea, beach and white buildings of the old town, just perfect. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the hotel and surrounding area was peaceful and quiet at night. I slept with the patio doors open every night listening to the roar of the sea and was very warm with the bedding provided. Extra pillows, blankets are in the wardrobe if required. Free wifi is supplied in bedrooms. The heated pool on the roof is a perfect temperature, not deep or large but perfectly adequate out of season. I wouldn't fancy it in August. I was able to sunbathe most days... yes factor 20 and a sun hat was required for the fair skinned. The Spa was lovely too. I spend a cloudy morning in the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. I had a 'Relaxing massage' and have to admit being slightly disappointed. It was much too gentle, like being massaged by a child. Perhaps I chose wrong? The gym is small but has a new crosstrainer, rowing machine, treadmill, bike and weights. I really enjoyed a nice relaxing week in this hotel and for me it was the ideal choice. I met many returning travellers there, one lady spends 6 weeks there every year and has done so for almost 20 years! I also hope to return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have dreadful views of walls and fences. Some 3rd floor rooms have no balconies and only...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank annmariedaly
Newry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute and was not disappointed. It is in an ideal location with the beach and bars less than a minute walk away. The room was great as we had sea view. The beds were very comfortable. The pool is small and space around it is limited but the excellent beach makes up for this. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for sea view as the view is amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank E14RKN
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great hotel in an ideal location only a short walk to local bars and restaurants, had lovely sea view room. Rooms and clean towels provided daily, breakfast was basic but always something to eat. The restaurant can be a little busy at times with people waiting for a table but we never had any problems getting a table. We found most of the staff to be fine and will be staying in this hotel when we visit Portugal again.
Highly recommend Prazeres a Portuguese restaurant off the square, Piccadilly cocktail bar and the Rock Café Bar.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a sea view room and take a kettle if you like a cuppa.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple