“Perfect hotel to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary”

Rocamar Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Perfect hotel to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend away at this hotel and can not sing it's praises high enough. We arrived early and our room was already ready for us, but even better we had been given a premium room on the 5th floor (sea views). Room was large, very clean, modern and everything we could ask for from a mini fridge, air con, king size bed, radio in bedroom and bathroom and unspoilt sea view. The pool area was wonderful to just relax and soak up the wonderful weather and panoramic views. Can not wait to go back to this hotel

Room Tip: Sea view a must
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sesh1971

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We arrived at the Hotel about 1:00 PM and as the rooms are only vacated at 12 Noon we had to wait a couple of hours before gaining access but this was easily done on the sun deck with a glass of ale.
We had a sea view partially blocked by the sun deck on the 3rd floor but quite nice, Rooms above this level are better and those below could have your view obstructed by a tall security metal fence.
Our room was clean and comfy with a wall mounted flat screen T.V., There was an air conditioning unit but only circulated the air in the room, maybe it was too early in the year to require it .
Towels and bedding were changed regular.
Restaurant was clean and B&B meals good.( corn flakes always taste like cardboard)
Staff were pleasant without showing too much emotion
All in all a good Hotel in a good location if your lungs can take the long slope up from the Square.
We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: For a sea view ask for level 4 and above
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great location on the cliff overlooking a beautiful beach. Nice size rooms we came end of April 27 degrees pool area really like a five star decent breakfast. Cooked pancakes cereals juice smoked salmon . Modern and three great restaurants five minutes walk. Rooms cleaned every day nice beds plasma modern bathroom . It's the view I'm blown away with really seeing is believing. !!!! C

Room Tip: Pay extra have sea view room go to the beach basket five minutes walk amazing food fresh crab fish...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Caron G
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hi, just returned from a lovely break in Albufeira. We stayed at the Rocamar Hotel and would deffinately return. The hotel is a three star bordering on four I would say.

The hotel room was lovely and the sea views stunning. Breakfast was nice with a full English if you wanted it. The evening meal was nothing to write home about and I think that you would benefit from eating out in old Albufeira town as there are many restauraunts there with a far greater choice than at the hotel.

The spa is nice although very small. It could do with doubling in size to cater for all guests at the hotel.

The location is second to none and must command the best view in Albufeira.

There is room for your hire car etc just outside the hotel but parking is somewhat limited.
All staff were very polite and could not do enough for you.

Would I return to the hotel? you bet!

4 Thank owain_smith
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and i booked the Rocamar for the 3rd time, stayed from 13th to 20th April 2014.
This a great hotel right on the beach front in an elevated part of the old town with uninterrupted views over the Atlantic Ocean.
Not all the rooms have sea view rooms so i would recommend pay that little extra and book one.
The hotel reception on the 3rd floor and bar/restaurant on the ground look very modern and chic and are presented very well.I find it strange that its only a 3 star,thought it would be worthy of more than that.
We stayed in room 206 and found it to be of a reasonable size which were cleaned daily, with a great balcony and sea views.
Breakfast was excellent with choices for all tastes.
Would recommend that you don`t leave it to late to go down for breakfast as it gets quite busy indoors when it becomes overcast and windy and nobody sits outside for breakfast.
Overall a great stay with very helpful staff and we will return again in the future.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must.
2 Thank jones19553
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from a long weekend in the Rocamar. Land view room which had a small terrace to sunbathe on, very clean room, cleaning service daily, could not fault the room.
Staff where all very friendly and helpful. Pool area was a bit of luxury, very comfy sun bed, with a magnificent view, can get shaded easily and is very small, I would be cautious for that reason in peak season, as there is no where near enough beds or space for the amount the hotel caters for. Drinks very reasonable, a lovely red sangria. Breakfast was very average with not a lot of choice. However we ate lunch twice, salads and sandwiches which where very tasty, well presented and good value.
The location for the old town, and beach is superb. I would definitely return, in quieter month.

2 Thank Kelmurray
Bradford West Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was a little worried using this hotel due to some of the comments, but I found the staff really nice and friendly, on arrival our room was not ready the young man in reception helped put our luggage safe and we went to sit by the pool which is so nice but agree with the other review not recommended for children very small and is done on beauty not fun, the guy came looking for us as he had managed to get it ready early for us to our delight, food yes had better, sea few YES worth the extra I have had sea views at previous hotel but somehow this was more special, bedroom good enough bathroom we only had a shower and was very small but managed, we were located more to the left of the hotel when looking at it room 502 away from the town clock which chimed half and hour so we did not hear it, we slept so well which we usually struggle when away, I will return to this hotel but would change the following would not have evening meal I would eat out, I would certainly not use the spa I really felt cheated after watching the videos around the hotel of someone getting a loverly facial, massaging etc i decided to book in for a 60 euro treat, well I was taken to a very nice room with too loud irritating music which no prob I told myself to get over it the lady cleansed my skin put mask on then went for 15 mins obviously doing somebody else because I got bored and went for a wonder she came back in removed the mask popped another on and went again for 15 mins came back removed it put cream on and said all done, I said is that it no face massage or relaxing treatment she said no all done I could not believe it so to be honest I always believe be expected to be ripped off once on holiday (that way your not too disappointed ) and this was it if felt so deflated I really got excited and although I thought it was expensive I thought it would be such a treat how wrong was I, overall hotel fab location no noise very relaxing and a short way from fun staff I found very nice and helpful but have your facial before you go back home they work hard for your repeat business

Room Tip: 5th floor sea view really really worth the extra
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family