“Utopia”
Review of Vila Joya

Vila Joya
Ranked #15 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Quite simple review: My wife Lucy & I have just arrived back in the uk after spending two nights here. From the minute we walked into the hotel, the view from our suite, omg amazingly heavenly.

The most gorgeous hotel and level of service possible. Every member of staff were attentive, charming and interesting.

Please no one go there, we want to keep it to ourselves !!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank samtab123
There are newer reviews for Vila Joya

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I meant to write this review months ago but just never found the time to so this place justice. We stayed for 4 nights in November '13, the weather was still a balmy 21C and the hotel was a revelation. We had one of their amazing terrace rooms, which was beautifully appointed and very large, and this led straight out into the gardens overlooking the sea. The staff were genuine and delightful and the food and drink on offer was so good I'm still thinking about it. Outside the terrace rooms is a dining patio/bay and we spent most mealtimes enjoying the stunning room service.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the stay was simply magical overall. The place is expensive but still represents amazing value for money.

I can't wait to get back there in the summer - my absolute favourite hotel ever.

Room Tip: They don't have any bad rooms but I have to say that the terrace rooms are stunning and give you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 9 January 2014

When traveling, I make sure to choose great hotels (at least most of the times!). I know some people don't care so much about accommodations but I feel it is a big part of the vacation. When I chose Vila Joya I wanted it to be exceptional, and it was!

First, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Second, the rooms are absolutely beautiful and spacious. Our bathroom was to die for!!! I love their selection of music at the room. They have an ipod full of goodies playing as you come in to your room. The restaurant is awesome! One of the best foods I have ever eaten in Portugal :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ariel P
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I was sceptical going to Vila Joya and spending €110 for lunch,how good could it be? Stupid question, it was the most exceptional food experience that I have ever had.We had a ten course taster lunch and I don't think I'll ever forget the sensation of being giddy over every mouthful.The service was impeccable and the setting was stunning.We did have a couple of minor gripes,it seems a little silly not to have coffee included in the price of lunch and when we asked would it be ok to have a swim in the sea as we had brought our things with us, we were told it would be fine to go to the beach but due to health and safety we couldn't come back through the grounds to leave??If you ever have the opportunity to visit Vila Joya please please do,you'll remember it for a long time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank deauvile
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This place was amazing. We stayed here for two nights. This place is paradise if you want a get away for a bit of R@R.
This place is all about attention to detail. The staff are very friendly but very professional. We did have the evening meal which was a six course meal with wines. The whole experience was amazing.

It's definitely worth pushing the boat out for a couple of days!!!

We also used the spa and I am also a therapist and have used techniques on my clients that I have picked up all over the world.
All the therapist in this spa are very knowledgeable and know what they're doing.
For a special occasion we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We just returned from our second stay at Vila Joya and it was fantastic. The hotel is really a romantic gourmet & spa escape. It is set in a beautiful garden, your meals are on a terrace overlooking the sea, dinner is served by candlelight and every staff member we met was so polite, and pleasant. The meals are complicated textures and tastes, and it is a pleasure to take your time in this romantic setting to really enjoy these exceptional dinners. I can't even begin to explain the dinners, the food is outstanding. The beach area around the hotel is sandy, with small coves to explore. The pool area is set in a beautiful garden, and we had lunch there everyday. Yes, Vila Joya is expensive but it is a rarity in this world: a real treat.The rooms are not ultra luxurious but still very good and every room has a private balcony with a sea view.

Room Tip: Every room has a private balcony with a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank curatedguide
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stay here if you wish to pay a fortune for a below standard experience. Main disappointment is that the staff are extremely rude and is not what you would expect from a hotel of this standard.
I hope the management review their training to ensure their staff are offering equal customer service to match their hefty price tag. Sadly we will not be returning.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank livelovelife2013
VilaJoya, Manager at Vila Joya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Sirs,

Firstly we would like to apologise that you felt you had a below standard experience as it is our aim to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful time at Vila Joya. We have spoken to our staff to try to ascertain why and who was rude to you as this for us is a very serious matter. It is unfortunate you did not mention this during your stay with us as we would have indeed tried to rectify the situation before you left.

Secondly, should you wish to contact us directly we would very much like to hear from you. Customer service is our priority and we would like to make sure that this never happens again so would very much appreciate your feedback regarding exactly what happened.

Kindest Regards

The General Managers Office

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort
Vidamar Resort Algarve
Vidamar Resort Algarve
#14 of 154 in Albufeira

Been to Vila Joya? Share your experiences!