“Relaxing holiday and excellent value for monry”
Review of Falesia Hotel

Falesia Hotel
Ranked #4 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this Hotel and we enjoyed every minute of our stay.
The reception staff were welcoming and friendly and we were in our room within 10 minutes of arrival.
The room was spacious and airy with nice fixtures and fittings. Immaculately clean and it was kept that way throughout our stay.
The pool area was spacious and the gardens were lovely with plenty of sunbeds. We also had the luxury of an indoor pool with a jacuzzi and sauna, great for early morning swimmers like me.
The food was really good with plenty of variety and it was obvious that the Executive Chef really loved his job and cared about the menus and food. This was consistently some of the best food we have ever had in a Thomson Hotel.
The hotel was in a quiet place but the village with a few bars and restaurants was just a short walk away if you wanted a change from the hotel.
Very nice holiday and we will go there again.

Room Tip: If you don't like full sun on the balconyall day it's better bot to have a pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dandd2
Write a ReviewReviews (2,065)

Reviewed 11 September 2012

When my friend and I arrived for our 50th birthday celebration week, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who allocated us our rooms. We were able to go directly to our rooms but we discovered that one of the rooms was far superior to the other, as it was our celebration week we felt we should have equal quality rooms so went to ask at reception for this to be resolved. The receptionist did her utmost to rectify this and we were happy with the upgrade given. The rooms were clean and spacious and clean linen and towels daily provided. A couple of nights into our week we received a bottle of bubbly and a personalised happy birthday from the manager which we found a very nice gesture!
We found the hotel to be as good as the pictures in the brochure had depicted, Grand, spacious, clean and airy, although not too large to lose the friendliness of the hotel itself.
The pool is lovely, plenty of sunbeds although we did find a couple of broken beds that we felt should have been replaced. Pool towels were provided free of charge which was nice to get fresh every day. The drinks were a little expensive so make sure you take advantage of the happy hours and the local supermarket sell a lot cheaper!
The staff on a whole were friendly and polite, particularly our waiter in the restaurant, Andre who we were always greeted with by a lovely smile and always made sure we had everything we needed. It was lovely to see the chef greet you of an evening with his beaming smile , and the food I feel no one could complain about, excellent quality and variety every day!
Now onto the entertainment , I really have to congratulate Nicola, David, Abbie and Harrison on an excellent weeks entertainment, in the evenings the quality of which in my opinion to be that of the west end. They have worked extremely hard to put on such amazing shows with such obvious dedication they deserve to be recognised for there professionalism and commitment!
During the day we had fun joining in with the light team games and quizzes which you did not feel any pressure to participate in and was not too loud for anyone else around, simply fun! I must add that Nicola and David particularly went the extra mile to really get to know the guests and made us feel very welcome and valued!
The duo Obsession were excellent , very talented singers and musicians , Chris very accomplished on the sax.great job all round!
The beach, well yes it is a walk away and not for the less able to acheive but this is stated in the brochure, however we found the walk through the Sheraton hotel a pleasurable one and certainly worth it when you get to the beach, we walked a fair stretch of the beach on two occasions and it was thoroughly enjoyable!
We went on a couple of excursions booked through Lauren , our rep . The catamaran was a lovely day out but we felt too many people were packed onto it at once, and when anchored in the sea whilst the cave tours were on the motion of the boat may become too much for some so take your travel pills......but once we were moving again it was all good, bbq on the beach was lovely and sea a delight to swim in!
We also went to Loulle market, a great morning out! We also took the shuttle bus which is 10euros each for a return trip to Vilamoura , we just wish we had been told how close the beach was as we would have taken our swimsuits and towels and spent an hour or so there swimming in the sea, but apart from that the marina and surrounding shops were lovely!
Would I return to this hotel again , I certainly would , I found my whole experience enjoyable, relaxing and fun, Thankyou Falesia Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 50thbirthdaygirl
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Quiet hotel but a bit out of the way if you like to go for walks in the evening. We felt a little tied to the hotel entertainment which was generally good to very good, especially the shows put on by the Thompson Gold team and the resident musical act. Guest acts were also excelent.

Good food variety and friendly service most of the time.

facilities and grounds were nicely kept and there were no problems getting a sunbed although the beds closest to the outdoor pool were often snagged by early rising towel planting bed nabbers, but that's the system I guess.

Entertainment around the pool was not too in your face but there if you were interested.

A very relaxing two weeks all round for my wife and I but our 20 year old and 17 year old daughters felt that there wasn't enough there for them to do.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Paffmeisterr
Reviewed 7 September 2012

we have just returned from a week at this thomson gold hotel. The staff were very friendly and although arriving at ten in the morning we were in our room in ten minutes , very impressed!!. the food at the hotel was some of the best we have experienced in thomson hotels well done to the chef.From the hotel it was a bit of a walk to the beach but it was definately worth it as the beach was excellent and we managed to walk to Vilamaura one day a great walk !. We would consider going there again as we had a relaxing week and the entertainment team were both friendly and professional.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jane D
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The golf course next door is literally next to the pool area but you have to walk all the way round and about 1 mile before you get to the actual course - carrying clubs this far in that heat was ridiculous! I suggest there is some method of getting between resorts without having to walk all that way!
The beach may have been 1km as the crow flies but it certainly was not in a good walking distance - who wants to be climbing 200 steps in that heat carrying all your gear?!
The waiters/waitresses in the restaurant were lovely and very efficient.
The cleaners were fine apart from keep shutting my curtain to hide the broken curtain underneath it as I only opened it again and the damage was on show again (not damage I caused might I add) also I do malt like a dog so after a couple of days there was wat I could resemble as a wig on the floor which showed that the floor had not been swept - I know some will think I should clean that myself well I did in the end with my hands!
The Spa is lovely and tranquil however, the therapist was slightly curt with you and then massages you like she wants everything inside of you to pop out - slightly rough on the edges there and the prices were slightly steep too.
They do obviously charge the prices they do as it is a captive audience as there is nothing nearby to entertain you however, order a taxi pay about 12 euro and get yourself in to Albufeira old town - great atmosphere and buzz just be prepared to wait 50 mins in a queue for taxi home if you go in August.
Adult only boat trip was lovely however, far too many people on the boat and people had to stand throughout the whole trip and at 45 euro per person you should expect to sit down and not on the deck of the boat (this was Thomson though to be fair not the hotel)!
You cant pre-order taxi's you have to order then stand and wait.
Lauren the Thomson hol rep was lovely and down to earth and willing to help (when you managed to get hold of her - I think she was avoiding most of the people when I was there as they were a bit of a pain for a number of reasons)
The portuguese people are absolutely lovely and appreciate the tourism that is needed there so do treat you well. Much prefer portugal to spain any day!
Wouldn't go to this hotel again but would go back to Portugal but Self Catering to ensure I don't pay through the nose for a bottle of water or anything for that matter!

Room Tip: Choose the front of hotel and top floor - it is quieter!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colette Y
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Both my husband and I was looking for a holiday in Portugal were he could play Golf and I could lounge by the pool or lounge ont he beach that was a near distance and we both wanted to avoid the surge of children during august as we don't have children and enjoy the tranquility of that situation. This hotel came up trumps with our tick list and the reviews on the food were brilliant and we love food so this was our top choice. In a nutshell: Food was excellent, cleanliness was excellent, staff mostly polite a number of receptionist nothing but rude, drinks expensive, 2.50eu per day for safe, 2.50eu per day for fridge, there is a small sign hidden by a bush advising not to reserve beds however, every man (woman) and his dog was up at the crack of dawn to reserve their beds, the hotel did nothing to back up this policy, I was without a bed by the pool for 8 days out of my 10 day hol until I realised I couldn't beat them so I joined them only for someone to move my bed anyway! This is not a rant about germans by the way as it was 95% english population and I was embarrassed by this and embarrassed (and tired) to get up at 6.45am on to reserve a bed! The entertainment was something I imagined went on about 30 years ago (when I was born) very dated although the performers are very young!?!?! 99% of the customers enjoyed it but that was because they were mainly over 40 and teachers looking to be children themselves for a week or so. I don't think we will go back, it is a lovely clean and lovely looking place with lovely gardens and the food is literally to die for and you will fill your boots with something different every night the chef should be proud but as we are both early 30's the evenings was lacking for us and we do like a lie in on holiday without the need to get up and reserve a bed! Great for you teachers out there over 40, you looked like you had a brilliant time child free!

Room Tip: Although you may think you want to look over the gardens and pool I suggest you get a room facing th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colette Y
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Couple our late 20's. Too close to 30 for comfort but very well travelled.

Location
Between Albufeira & vilamoura but a no mans land in ways.
The beach is to the back of the hotel as you enter the doors but I didn't see direct access. A 15 min walk otherwise lugging any gear isn't fun in the sun.
Taxis are a must with 10ish to Albufeira & 15ish euro to Vilamoura.

Pool
Great no compliants there.

Only ate breakfast in hotel but no complaints. A good spread.

Clientel
Adults only. No kids. However seems to be mostly older saggy people with few other younger folks.

Staff
Not bad but a bit dim at times. 2 members of reception didnt know estimates for local taxis. Cleaning staff are very noisy in the mornings but good overall as hotel is very clean.

Overall
We got a good price so no regrets that way. If you want a lively spot stay in either town. If you want something that bit more secluded without kids everywhere would recommend it...

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Youngishfliers