We have just got back from ten days at Villa Alba, had a great holiday, not a 4 star as advertised in a lot of places, more like a 3, but came away with a pretty balanced view of the place and having enjoyed our stay.
Good points :
- we paid for a 1 bedroom apartment and got a 2 bed one instead, massive for 2 people with lots of space.
- Nice clean swimming pool area, never any problems getting a sunbed and reasonably priced snack bar with a good variety of snacks.
- Kitchen quite well equipped with a washing machine, electric oven, microwave and kettle.
- Excellent location - nearest supermarket is a 5 minute walk away, then the start of the strip is probably about a 7 minute walk. Nearest beach is around 15 minutes walk away but the hotel offers a free shuttle service twice a day, check in reception for times and to book on. Taxis to the old town cost about 5 euros, plus 1 euro that reception will charge you for ringing one for you, but if you’re on holiday as a couple, there is a ‘train’ that goes from the strip to the old town, 4 euros for an all day jump on jump off ticket, so we saved a bit of money by doing that one day.
- Staff on the whole were friendly and helpful on reception.
Not so good points :
- the maid service, came in each day and made the beds, replaced toilet roll but not sure what else, pretty sure floors were not swept during our 10 day stay and no cleaning equipment provided so we could do this ourselves. Towels are meant to be changed twice a week, we’d been there 4/5 days and hadn’t been done so requested new ones from reception. Bedding is meant to be changed once a week but this was not done during our stay.
- Bathroom could do with an update and wasn‘t always enough hot water for us both to shower one after another, had to give it 20 minutes or so inbetween.
- Apartments have telephones but can’t be used as the hotel doesn’t have a line yet.
BUT none of these things were enough to have much of an impact on our holiday, still had a great time, just a few things to be aware of.
General info - the safe costs 15 euros for the week, plus a 15 euro refundable deposit, and contents are insured up to 1000 euros. The apartments do not have air conditioning which wasn’t a problem in September with temperatures outside around 27 degrees, the apartment stayed quite cool, but unsure whether I would risk staying here in the hottest months without air con. Personally I was glad we were on the 1st floor so if we stayed again, I think I would request this, especially if you want a pool view.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cheerfulway Vila Alba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Alba Beach & Sun Club Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Alba Beach And Sun Club
- Vila Alba Beach Sun Hotel
- Vila Alba Apartments
- Vila Alba Albufeira
- Cheerfulway Vila Alba Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal