Just returned from a stay at the Alfagar village and overall it was a lovely experience.
Firstly, this is a large resort, and comprises apartments and an hotel. The apartments, where we stayed are known as Alfagar 1 or the village. The hotel, which is newer, is Alfagar 2. Amenities, wherever placed at the complex are available to all guests.
The location is superb, with stunning views and direct access to a beautiful beach. The apartments are set among very pretty, well maintained gardens. We had a garden view along with views of the local area and were pleased with this. Sea view apartments are available and may well be worth the extra cost as the views we saw just around the corner from us were lovely.
The resort has seven pools in all. The ten year old with us adores the water and was very happy with the main pool near the hotel, and the mini aqua park with its slides and squirters. I am a self conscious bather and so was delighted to find the more secluded ocean view pool. As well as enjoying the view, I did not feel uncomfortable swimming here.
Along with the pools, the resort has two good playgrounds, a tennis court and football pitch, a minimarket, a restaurant and bars serving food drinks and ice creams. A mini bus is available from reception, which takes guests to the old town of Albufeira. This cost us only one euro per person return. Would imagine that this service gets very busy during high season. Luckily buses stop just outside of the hotel and are regular.Excursions are also offered via the hotel and we visited a gypsy market and the harbour at Vilamoura. It was a nice half day out.
We found that all public facilities, toilets etc. were very clean. Maintenance and cleaning of the resort started very early and continued until late. The same cleanliness applied to our apartment, which was also spacious and well equipped.
Having described the positive, the following negative issues should be taken into consideration. The route from the resort to the beach via steps and paths could not be considered by people with mobility problems. I have arthritis and only ventured there once. The food, drink and grocery prices at the resort are expensive as you are paying extra for convenience. The night time entertainment is limited and not very good, and finally, we found the beds in our apartment to be uncomfortable.
Even with the negative points taken into consideration, we still had a smashing holiday and are planning to return when we can. The positives far outweigh the negatives.
One final comment regards the staff at the resort who we found, without exception, to be marvellous. A special mention goes to Miguel, who went out of his way to ensure that we enjoyed our stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar Resort is exceptionally located on a stunning cliff-top perch overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar II Aparthotel, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 216 low-rise apartments, built in the typical Algarvean Moorish style, ideal for families with children and all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Alfagar Aldeamento Turistico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Village - Alfagar Aldeamanto Turistico Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar Apartments Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar Apartments Albufeira
- Alfagar Aldeamento Turistico Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal