“Really good hotel!”

Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol
Ranked #13 of 152 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Staying in this hotel at the moment. This is our second visit to the Brisa Sol. Never before have I stayed anywhere twice may I add. Our check in was very quick and although the room we were allocated was not to my taste, we asked to change to another room which the hotel did for us with no complaints. Our room is nice although I think some modernising of the kitchen and bathroom would do well for this hotel. It has everything you could need for a self catering holiday though in terms of equipment. It is situated right between the new and old town of Albufeira. The maids do an excellent job every day in our room so I really cannot complain there. The hotel is very clean in all areas. The reception team are fantastic and very helpful particularly Joanna who helped us with enquiries about tours and other rooms. She gave us her advice based on her local knowledge. I don't know what it is but I just love this hotel and even though we have stayed here before, I didn't find it boring like I normally would do. It is almost like home from home. Has a very comfortable feel to the place. Cant comment on the checkout yet as we have not checked out. Last year however it was done without a problem. The hotel does have a nice indoor pool and spa facilities which we did use. These were very nice. Again could do with some modernising to improve this area. It wasn't dirty just needed a few quid spending on it.

Right next door is a large Continente supermarket which is excellent. Macdonalds is over the road which is handy as we sit in there and have a coffee and use their wifi for free.

See you next year Brisa Sol, I shall be back!!!

Room Tip: For a spacious room book a 1 bed apartment, the only difference between those and the suites is carp...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Michael321984
Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed in a standard room with a land view - however, what is not mentioned is that the rooms are next to a busy road, with no sun on the balcony, not what I expected for a winter sun break!!!!In addition, the extract fan in the kitchen came on at 3am and also at 6am. The water from the hot tap came out brown. The staff were helpful and did try to put most things right. All things considered my stay wasn't worth the price I paid for a 7day break in January. Wouldn't recommend booking a standard apartment with a land view. Can't comment on those with pool view - asked to be moved to sunny apartment, but they wanted me to pay more, given the problems I had with my room, I didn't think this was acceptable or good customer service!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
11  Thank silvia187055
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed with my wife had another lovely stay,have been before this I think is our fifth visit.The hotel maintains its high standards.The rooms admittedly are now slightly dated but still offer good clean accomodation.Ideally situated between the old and new towns The Brisa Sol offers good value, good location, we will be back.

Room Tip: A pool and sea view is essential,well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
14  Thank chubber3
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Spent the New Year Week there and on recommendation from family members who had stayed before. Got exactly what we asked for and paid for. Room was cleaned daily and towels changed every day whether asked for or not. Very comfortable beds and all cooking facilities you need with plenty of utensils, Cant comment on facilities as didn't use but all staff members spoken to couldn't have been more helpful. Great cake shop as part of hotel and large supermarket next door with all fresh baked breads and goods. Will definitely return to the Brisa Sol.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are Floor -2 and chose rooms 0004 - 00016 for pool side with large terrace
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank David H
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Brisa Sol is a very clean hotel,and self catering apartment complex,located centrally for amenities (ie.The Strip, Old Town etc). There is a touristy type train which will take you to The Strip in less than 10mins,plus various other stops,only 4Euro for a day tkt,stops just outside The Brisa Sol.
When booking your room,make sure to pay the extra for pool view (cost us an extra 112 Euro for our 16 night stay/ 7Euro per night.....didn't know about this till we arrived !
The hotel bar has sky sports/surroundsound,which is probably just as well,otherwise folk would be heading for local bars for footie etc.Happy hours 5-8pm....30% reduction!!
Wi-fi has to be paid for...1,3,or 7days...7Euros/week...pretty slow most of the time though.
We were in self-catering apt so cannot comment on food,but apt has cooker,fridge,microwave.
Hotel is located only a couple mins walk from excellent supermarket,where you can get just about anything you're likely to need. Very handy & reasonable prices !
Brisa Sol has a large swimming pool area/sun loungers,plus tennis and squash courts.
We were offered room 501 (right at the top),defo decided to pay the extra,as this apt only overlooks Macdonalds and Chinky plus few shops across the road....
Generally,this hotel is great for self catering hol !

Room Tip: Make sure to pay the extra for pool view balcony,as this gives max. sun time till after 5pm Defo di...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Willmack63
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Myself and a group of friends stayed at the Brisa Sol at the end of September. We had a great time, made even better by the quality of the hotel. The staff were excellent, always helpful and very friendly. The hotel was always very clean, including the grounds and around the hotel pool area. The hotel is in the most perfect position, with the old town 15 minutes stroll one way, the new town 15 minutes stroll the another. Ok going but better to get a taxi back for those of us not in our first flush of youth. We stayed on a room only basis for 4 nights as we were on a golfing trip. The reception were very helpful regarding booking courses and even allowed us to park our minibus in the rear car park in the evening. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around and about in you are not dining at the hotel, a brilliant patisserie next door even a McD's over the road if you are desperate, a large supermarket and some shops on the next block, perfect. I would definitely consider going back in the future, and would recommend this hotel given the price, its location and its facilities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank rednecker
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. My wife and I spent New Years week here and were very impressed. The hotel is spotlessly clean due to very pleasant, hard working maids. It is well placed between the old town and new. The food was excellent with a good choice and replenished fresh as necessary.Desserts were amazing. The restaurant staff were very friendly, especially cheeky chappy Marco. In fact all hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. Would definately recommend this hotel and we hope to return for next new year.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking pool/sea are a must.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple