This was our first visit to Portugal and after much debate about which hotel to stay at we finally decided on the Cerro Da Marina and how pleased we were that we chose this quiet and relaxed hotel.
When we arrived it was early afternoon and out of hotel reception hours. We expected to have to leave our luggage and go out and explore while we waited tor our room to be ready, however a very friendly cleaner welcomed us in and gave us our room key, a great surprise! Our room was extremely clean and very comfortable including everything you needed. We were on the ground floor and had a very big patio area- it got the late afternoon sun so was lovely!
All of the hotel was very clean and had a really lovely relaxed and welcoming feel to it. The pool area was gorgeous with more than enough sunbeds (we never had a problem getting a sunbed and we went during school holidays) the outdoor jacuzzi was also very nice!
The hotel has an honesty bar which is a great idea, it has a very good selection of drinks and snacks which you just help yourself to at any time and write in the honesty book the items you have had- this was really convenient! Food in the hotel was also very good. We stayed B&B and thought the breakfast on the whole was ok. There was a good variety of things to choose from. We decided to eat at the hotel one evening and it was the best meal of the whole holiday. It was very nicely presented and tasted gorgeous (very good value for money too).
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk into the old town. It is a little hilly however if you turn left out of the hotel rather than right you avoid the particularly steep hill that everyone mentioned in previous reviews! The old town has lots to do, loads of bars and street entertainers and there was a festival there during our stay with different live music each night.
On the whole this was a fantastic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira