We were here from 1-8 August 2013.
This is a good hotel but could improve.
Breakfast started at 8 a.m. and the music started at the same time. Remember Butlins? The bottled water cost around 2 Euros while 500 metres down the road at the Supermarket, the same bottled water cost 23 cents!
My biggest concern was that on 7/8/13,at 09:40, the Gardeners arrived to cut the grass. No notification was given of this and guests were already on the Loungers on the lawned area's. One Gardener was using an industrial Stimmer within a Foot from my wife;s face! He didn't ask her to move and grass and soil just missed her face as she used her magazine to protect herself. The other Gardener with a Lawnmower, cut the grass around us. We took the hint and moved away. I complained to the Receptionist (Paul?) who said he would have a word with them. He did come out and had a "word" with them and after a little bicker, the Gardeners carried on! The Strimmer man carried on disturbing others around the pool!
Thompson's Rep was informed but nothing more came of it.
Also, depending where your room was, you could hear the staff come in around 7a.m.
The hotel has positives, the staff were very friendly, your privacy was respected.
Now, the hill! Don't attempt this midday as the heat is so intense! Always have a bottle of water with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira