Lets start with the bad (and there isnt really much to say!)
The walk to town centre is quite far....and the food in the hotel restaurant is limited so if you want variety in the evenings be prepared you have a little walk. Down the hill to the town centre is fine however back up is another story. Although I do hate walking so it might be ok if you like a stroll.
For a young couple we found the square a bit much...too much hustle and bustle and noise. However lots of restaurants on the outskirts you can visit that are alot quieter.
So, having visited alot of hotels this was by far the most quiet and relaxing I have ever been too. I couldnt believe it! There was always a sunlounger if you wanted one. Not a peep in the day everyone is reading quietly. Blissful!
On arrival Carol was bubbly and helpful. She evan walked up to meet us as we got dropped at the wrong hotel and didnt want us to get lost.
Breakfast is fab...hot and cold options which is unusual. They have thought of everything. Evan bubbles if you want them.
For drinks and snacks in the day they have the honesty bar....it basically help yourself and you write what you've had and they will charge it to your room. A great mixture of drinks and snacks.
Lunch is served between 12.30 and 1.30 with a small but ample menu. Loved the ham and cheese toasties!
Each day at 3.30 ladies come round with a little snack we had cherry aid and mini cheese kievs one day and kiwi and banana the next.
4.30 is tea time so complimentary tea and cake is served and then in the evening they have a small selection of evening meals to pick from which have to be selected earlier in the day.
For 35 euros you can book a massage and for someone that has a massage once a week she was the best I had ever had.
The room was nice, clean and not too small. Lovely view from balcony of the marina.
Free wifi for the whole of your stay. My recommendation is bring lots of books and a pack of cards as its likely you won't leave the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Priceline so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira