This hotel is perfect if you want a cozy, peaceful, welcoming hotel without the frills.
From the minute we arrived, the staff was so incredibly friendly and accommodating. All staff spoke fantastic English, addressed us by name, printed documents for us, and arranged for us to shower and access everything we needed on our last day since we were staying beyond check-out.
Food-wise, breakfast is included and served from 8-10am. There is a nice variety of hot and cold options including eggs, bacon, tons of breads, cereals, fruit, tomatoes, tea, coffee, OJ and even champagne. It doesn't switch much from day to day though. From 4-4:30 they have tea time with complimentary tea and a light snack. For drinks and snacks 24 hours a day, they have the honesty bar where you can help yourself and you write what you've had and they will charge it to your room. It was always clean and well-stocked. Such a great idea! Lunch is available daily, but we were never there to sample that or dinner.
The pool area was wonderful. There was always a sunlounger if you wanted one. Couples talked, read, slept, swam, played cards, but it was quite. No children! Day and night, the hotel was very peaceful and quiet. The common area was super inviting with tons of couches, tables and chairs, a piano, TV, board games, books, and magazines for you to share and enjoy. There is also a small outside workout area overlooking the pool. So neat!! Only a few machines (2 bikes, an elliptical, rowing machine), but it's something at least! (See picture)
The room was nice and had some great touches in beachy decor. It's not the most modern hotel, but has lots of character. We had a little difficulty finding the correct setting for the AC unit, but it cooled the room quickly. The hairdryer was pretty outdated and dried my hair very slowly (see picture), so if that's important to you, you may want to bring your own. Also the beds were much firmer than we would have liked. I had a few body aches from it.
As others have mentioned, the walk to town center is quite far. Be prepared for quite a walk or have the desk call you a taxi. The trip to the town is mostly downhill, but the trip back is quite uphill and could be tough for those not used to a lot of walking. We are early 30s and pretty in shape, so we were fine with it, but definitely needed good footwear for walking. I couldn't have done it in heels. The town square is very lively!! Hundreds of bars, restaurants and shops!
- pool area
- food and drinks
- Distance/walk to beach and town
- hard beds
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira