Have just returned from a wonderful week at Cerro da Marina. It is an absolute gem of a hotel. If you want lots to do, entertainment etc then it isn't for you. If however, you want to relax in peaceful surroundings then it is perfect. The hotel itself is pretty, it's well cared for, spotlessly clean and the rooms are a large size. We went on a bed & breakfast basis and the choices available were more than adequate, hot & cold options every day. It is a self service set up but this is fine as the hotel is very small so there are no queues as never that many people at any one time. There is no bar staff running the bar it is an honesty bar, you serve yourself with whatever you want and then write what you have in a book with your room number & signature and pay at the end of the week. The drinks and snacks were much cheaper than i was expecting. During the summer months, May to Sept they offer lunch time snacks, sandwiches/toasties/salads/burgers etc which are all very good quality, freshly made to order and reasonably priced. The pool area is pretty with plenty of sunloungers for the number of guests that the hotel holds. The hotel is situated in a residential area of large expensive villas/houses. It is about a 15 minute walk into the main old part of Albufeira town, the walk to town is all downhill so it's fine but it can be hard work returning uphill. However a taxi is only 5 euros. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel if you want a week or two of sheer relaxation, peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira