My friend and I were looking forward to a relaxing stay in lovely friendly Portugal. The staff at Choro Mar were hostile and rude, it was very noisy all night and during the day due to stag parties and constant karaoke. The beds were very hard and creaky. It is miles away from anywhere, a good 40 minutes walk into the start of town, and uphill on the way back. We had to escape, hire a car and find a room in a hotel in Carvoeiro. So our cheap getaway ended up being anything but.
The staff seemed to react to all British people as if we were troublemakers, breakfast was practically thrown at us, and I had told my friend that Portuguese people are really friendly, which they mainly are. The apartment was large and clean, but we had no sofa, just a bed, the towels were never changed, and the bar/pool area was cramped and unwelcoming. Portugal is lovely, Choro Mar is the opposite, don't waste your hard earned cash here, unless you want to mix with stag parties drinking beer at breakfast, swearing and partying all night, not our sort of place!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Choromar Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Choromar Apartments Hotel Albufeira
- Choromar Aparthotel Albufeira
- Choromar Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Choro Mar
- Choromar Apartments Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal