Having not visited portugal before now I was unsure what to expect.
I need not have worried.
Firstly the Portuguese people are among the friendliest and hospitable I have ever met.
We stayed in the Montechoro region of Albufeira.
Old town is stunning with an array of restaurants too numerous to mention,all in competition with each other. The touts will try and get you to eat at their (place) but a smile and a friendly word will get them to move on.
The Beach front has amazing restaurants all cheaply priced, booking not a requirement.
The Old town at night is a hive of activity with music coming from all quarters. You could not be in a bad mood in this place.
We stayed in a private apt.at the Choromar..lovely place but a little to far out from the beach. Everything was clean but we had to endure 3 stag parties for 3 nights lots of drinking around the pool with a good dollop of bad language thrown in for good measure. Families with small children had to leave.
Would advise to check before you book these apartments if there are stag parties happening during your stay.
\having said all the above the area has a lot of positives.
Really loved it.
Taxies are reasonable but buses are cheaper.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Choromar Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Choromar Apartments Hotel Albufeira
- Choromar Aparthotel Albufeira
- Choromar Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Choro Mar
- Choromar Apartments Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal