“Brilliant holiday!”

Ranked #64 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brilliant holiday!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We are just back from staying at Choromar and have to we were pleasantly surprised! I was dreading it a bit as had read some reviews which said the apartments had a cockroach problem. We did not see one in the whole week we were there. The apartment was very clean and was the largest 2 bedroom apt I have ever stayed in. Loads of wardrobe space and a very well equipped kitchen. The staff were all very friendly, bar and food prices cheap, food was lovely, pool area clean. Would definitely recommend these apartments and will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the outer block, further from the bar and pool but also much quieter at nights.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kellie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It was a lovely holiday we stayed for a week we had some rainy days but I loved it. The service was great the people were friendly and the apartments were good we as tourists were grateful for the hard work that you made to the apartments look nice

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We just came back from a week from here and all I can say is it was brilliant.
The staff were amazing, the food was beautiful, pool are great, the have a suana, steam room, jacuzzi, gym.
Room are clean, spacious, no aircon but therooms are cool.
Met some amazing people.
5 minutes from the new town and about 20 mins from old but if ur not lazy its great walk.
Have to say the staff, manual, pedro and all staff are fantastic.
Going now to order next year.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank brian070982
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just returned from Choromar Apartments yesterday and must say I was pleased with the hotel. After all the negative reviews on here, you have to feel that some are most probably made up. The staff were very friendly, in particularly fatima who has already been pointed out on here. Although on our first night our room smelt strongly of smoke and the balcony door wouldn't lock however we were quickly moved. The strip is a 15 minute walk away or 3/4 euros in a taxi and there is plenty of places to eat and drink. In October it is very quiet about however.

The hotel entertainment is brilliant although only went down towards the end of the week as at the start of the week many of the people there were families with children who didn't once leave the hotel, however once we went down we had done Quiz and Karaoke with Rui who is great as well as karaoke with Pedro. The food at the hotel is good and cheap, however the bar is a bit pricey. The Pool area is nice and for 3 euros you can gain an hours access to the spa.

There is a contrast in people, from families to couples to big groups of mates. There is a mini market down stairs which is useful. The TV in the room was nice, bait a 27inch flatscreen with english television. The overall cleanliness of the hotel is good, you can feel confident in choromar. Also the staff make the holiday feel personal, there is always plenty of staff around and they are very helpful.

Bad Points: The hotel seem to charge for everything, such as Tv control, use of locker on the last day, use of the spa(but its worth it) even to have salad in a burger.

The area which the hotel isn't great and you would probably feel safer spending 3 euros to get a taxi to/from the strip at night.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 303 in the main block, very good value for money, far away enough from the entertainm...
3 Thank Sam396
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

another relaxing holiday at choromar staff make you feel like part of the family well equiped good sized apartments, plenty of room around the various pools with good entertainment every night especially with pedro's karioke and a special thanks to all the staff who made us feel so welcome
will be be back again next year

Room Tip: stayed in main block 3rd floor less noise from bar and they have lifts from reception
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I went to the Choromar on a last minute 'cheapie', I read all the reviews prior to going so I wasn't really sure what to expect as they were very mixed. But for what it's worth here are my views :
GOOD, I found all the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious.
BAD, I was not impressed with the food, in particular the breakfast was dreadful. The beds were unbelievable, so hard, it was like trying to sleep on a slab of marble. The location was a little too far away from the 'action' areas, being a person who likes to get out and about , and having a limited budget, most of my finances went on taxi fares, thankfully the rates were reasonable or I really would have been in trouble.
UGLY, I had to share my rooms with the infamous, unwelcome, Cockroaches ! The fact that my apartment was on the ground floor wouldn't help in this respect, it didn't help either in the fact that the noise from the entertainment bar, Karaoke etc, was loud and went on to about 3am.
In general, I saw lots of fellow guests enjoying their holiday, mainly those who chose to stay beside the pool most of the day and then attended the entertainment bar in the evening.
I personally would not choose to stay at the Choromar again, mainly due to the location and the beds, but I would not put other people off staying at Choromar, it is an individual thing and depends on your own priorities !

Room Tip: Ask for as high as you can possibly get to get away from the noise and the cockroaches !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BObell_12
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was very impressed with apartments and staff. I wasn't too sure when we booked up as my wife and i got this holiday for next to nothing. It was fantastic and only came back to Glasgow this morning. Even the its mid-October the temperature was 30's and the entertainment was good.

Room Tip: We were in block B away from the main hotel. I loved it even though we had locals as neighbours in t...
3 Thank chrismck29