“Go if you want to diet”

Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The rooms were clean and modern except for ants in the bathroom which they could not get rid of. Very limited choice and very repetitive food, breakfast was very poor, it was very low quality food. Pool clean and staff very friendly. On this occasion we really did get what we paid for. We used it as accommodation only, as each time we went for food it was poor even the burgers chips and hotdogs by the pool were awful and we couldn't eat them. The drinks we ok. I'm not moaning as it was only a short break for Easter so I thought I would leave a review as I often use tripadvisor myself, to help me make a decision on hotels. I wouldn't go back or recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank holidayhappy1
Gonçalo Campos S, Gerente geral at Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor. We are sorry that on the food in general your expectations were not achieved.

Nevertheless, we thank you for your kind comments on our Staff and effort in general.

By the presente we invite you to come back in order see for yourself all the improvments our Food & Beverage team is achieving in a daily basys.

There are newer reviews for Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at this hotel over Easter Bank Holiday weekend. We chose this hotel because it was such a good price for all inclusive.

We arrived at the hotel at around midday and we were informed that our rooms would not be available until 4pm. I think this is particularly late when check out time is 11am and the hotel should look at changing this in the future.

Not long after arriving at the hotel we were spoken to by two members of staff about how we would be thrown out if we misbehaved. I completely understand that the hotel would be concerned about hen and stag parties following poor behaviour the previous week from groups but I think this could've been handled better rather than making it look like we were being told off like naughty children in front of everyone in the middle of reception!

The apartments were a good size, the maid came every day and there were always plenty of sun beds available by the pool.

The only real negative about this hotel was the food in the buffet restaurant. For a '4* hotel' I would've expected more choice! At breakfast they alternated between sausages and bacon each day rather than having both every day! There wasn't much choice at lunch or dinner either. By the last night we chose to eat out!

The snack bar was good and offered a good selection of snacks. There was also enough choice of drinks at the bar (although still not as good as other all inclusive hotels I've experienced).

If you want a cheap all-inclusive break in the sun then this place is fine. I would stay here again for the right price but would eat out at night!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmAndDanC

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor. We are sorry with the fact that the food in general didnt`t met your expectations.

Being in a Hen & Stag party, our maint intention was to inform at arrival some procedures of the Hotel. Our best intention is that all clients amuse themselves, equaly, and not only part of them. We adopted this posture after having some "problems" with other similar groups, while not taking imediate actions. Now we feel we are on top of the matter.

About the food complaints, we are improving and this is the begining of the second month of operations. We are getting better daily, with inputs such as yours. Our main goal is to achieve clients expectations.

By the other side, we take the oportunity to thank you for all your kind words about the staff, services and Suites in Albufeira Sol.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Went with my wife and found no fault, friendly staff and very helpfull reception staff. Food from breakfast to dinner was very good with a good choice. Loction for us was perfect as we like to walk about. the rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels. iI will book here again,Very Soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank legs11Linlithgow

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful, while sinthesized review and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Your kind words give us the great filling of mission accomplished and we also look forward to welcome you again next year. Please let us know of your return as soon as possible.
With kind regards

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I went with my girlfriend for an eight night stay in April 2014. We booked an All Inclusive Apartment deal.

The room was fine. It was clean, 1 air con in the main room & 1 in the bedroom & a balcony. Basic stuff really.

When we arrived we were told that our room 'wasn't ready' yet and he gave us our bands to start using the all inclusive. I wasn't too happy with this as we'd been travelling all day. If check out is 11am, the room should be ready by 3.00pm!

The all inclusive deal is pretty good. All inclusive means just that at this hotel. You can have a variety of beverages. The food in the kitchen was pretty good I though, contrary to other posts.
For what you pay to stay at the hotel - there is a good range of foods on offer each night, new dishes. A wide range of deserts to choose from!

The pool & the surrounding areas are basic. Lots of sun loungers that can't be reserved. Staff remove you towels if you do which is good! Those sun loungers go quick if the sun is out though, so be quick!

I didn't have many problems with the noise because I wore ear plugs. However, when I took them out to listen, it was loud. My apartment was next to a street and the main road was clearly visible so you could hear traffic. The if you opened the bedroom door, you could hear the entertainment from downstairs or children screaming etc from the corridors. (I was on the third floor). So take some ear plugs.

My only main complaint is that the reception staff whilst helpful in a round-about way, made me feel uncomfortable about asking for their help. I didn't feel that I could ask anything. They were also a bit lackadaisical at times. E.g. giving me my key card but only putting a days use on there when we needed eight days use. Subsequently - locked out of our room one day.

Location isn't too great either. There's a nice beach about a 10/15 minute walk away but to do so you need to walk past people constantly trying to get you to eat with them or buy sunglasses etc. Does get wearing after a few days.

There are many restaurants, shops and bars 10 mins walk away from the hotel if you fancy a drink. The beaches weren't crowded when we went, but that may change.

Be aware. There isn't someone who comes to the hotel to book excursions for you. You have to find them. I recommend. Follow Me company (or the similar name). They have a wide range of trips and activities to do and give you a discount!

Joe.

Room Tip: Pick one facing the pool and on a higher floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Albufeira Sol Hotel & SPA

We must thank you for all your kind words, especially concerning the food & beverage areas. We get worried about the reference to the reception team. it is our our knowledge that we have a very experienced team and we are not used to have this type if input. We thank you for that and will be alerted to this facts reported.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Let me start by saying that I have and do stay in some very very smart Hotels all over the World, Middle East, Far East, USA, South America...

This is both on Business & on private trips.

I have just returned from the Albufeira Sol Suite & Spa Hotel after an Easter Break with the 'Lads'. Being used to Flying Business Class and staying in good Hotels I was a bit apprehensive but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised.

The Hotel was spotlessly clean, the rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms hygienic.

The Staff were pleasant as was the manager and since we were a group of 40+ Blokes he took us to one side upon our arrival to politely but firmly warn us of the dire consequences of any anti-social behaviour.

Im pleased to say that despite there being several other all male and all female groups staying at the Hotel at the same time we saw no rowdiness and I don't think Family Groups could have any reason to complain.

As for the food it was perfectly edible (although we only ate there one evening) for the price we paid, whilst the Beer and Wine was drinkable.

My one irritation was the poor Wi-Fi Connectivity.

The Hotel is in a great location adjacent to the strip, within walking distance of the Beach and only a short Taxi ride from the Beautiful Old Town.

I'm not saying this Hotel would be my first choice but for the cost you have to be a very demanding and slightly deluded individual to complain.

If you want luxury pay for it and stop running down individuals who work very hard probably for little reward.

Room Tip: Get A room with a Pool View
2  Thank N P

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very fair comments in Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very important to the Albufeira Sol Hotel & SPA and to other guests that consider a trip to Albufeira.

I was the one that has approached you at check in and i must thank you personally. Also state that we identify ourselves with the way you have described the Albufeira Sol.
Your words as well as the context explained in the beginnig of your review shows that indeed you are a very experienced practical client / person.
We thank you for all your kind but sincere words and descriptions of our services, rooms, cleaning standards, location, F&B inputs...all!!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a near future.

Sunny regards from the Albufeira Sol

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Me and my firends stayed at this hotel as they accepted hen and stag do's from the reviews we had read on trip advisor.
We arrived at lunch time and hotel managment talked us through the rules and how they expected us to behave as the weekend before they had an awful hen party ruin other people's holidays. The talk the hotel managment had with us was firm, but more than fair.
The food was really good I personaly loved the fruit and choice of salad.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, but would have been good to have been able to check in a little earlier than 4pm.
all in all a great loaction as the strip was walkable.
We had a great time and feel that we were respectful and polite even though we were a big group.
Dont be put off by some of the reviews you read this is great value for money!

2  Thank an0nessex

Sunny regards from the Albufeira Sol

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Im not usually one to write reviews but this place certainly deserved one as it was the worst All Inclusive i have ever stayed in. It felt more like a 2.5 star hotel as opposed to a 4 star, and i should have been wiser to know the deal was too good to be true.

They had great rooms and good location. It was walkable to the strip and approx 6 euros to the old town in a taxi and about a 15 min stroll to the nearby beach.

But, if you are vegetarian or have special diet needs do not go here! My friend is vegetarian and i can not eat gluten. One night we went for dinner and asked where the veggie food was - we were pointed to a bowl of cabbage and told that was it!!! All the other fellow veggies were all complaining too. We spoke to the management (restaurant and hotel manager) who did not seem to care, and whilst they finally made us a stir fry, for me they could not confirm it was gluten free and were not accomodating, even though i had specifically emailed them beforehand to advise of my special dietary needs. I asked them to simply make me an omlette or jacket potatoe which i would be happy with for my meal and they said no they cant do that. We ended up eating out for our meals! There was very little choice in the dishes overall and they seemed very under staffed as the tables were always dirty as they could not be cleared quickly enough - this was just the start of the season, god knows what it would be like if it was peak season!

In terms of the drinks they had a very limited selection in their small bar, and only had 2 cocktails which were both pre mixed in a machine and not very nice.

They had a really small spa area which included a tiny jaccuzzi which is ok for 4 people max and it was good value for money when it was not busy but one day it was raining so the spa area was full and you were on top of each other!

If you are not bothered by the limited food or are only staying a few days this place is fine but definately not good if staying longer than a couple of days.

1  Thank Binders1

Dear Guest,

I am the Hotel Manager to whom you have adressed to that evening.

Despite the fact that you state the hotel Managment is poor and does not care - if we did not care We would not be with you that late in the evening ofering you other menu choices for your diner.

It was a Saturday or Sunday at 10PM, both the Hotel Manager and the Comercial Manager were with you, concerned with a problem only you were having.
We have had others free gluten food clients, and no one else was complaining.