“Lovely chilled break!”

Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Have just come back from a four day break at this hotel.
I would go back again hotel was lovely and clean, yes food was a bit samey but it's a large hotel can't be al a carte, lager was well drinkable, not too far from beach, in walking distance, we walked to old town took about half an hour!
Room even had double bed.
Thinking of booking for a short break next year.

1  Thank Donna P
Gonçalo Campos S, Gerente geral at Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent comments in Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very important to the Albufeira Sol Hotel & SPA and to other guests that consider a trip to Albufeira.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a near future.

Sunny regards from the Albufeira Sol

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went for easter came back yesterday. We had a great time. Our kids 3 and 5 year old loved the place especially the kids disco and pool. I can't find anything to complain about except the hen and stag party's. didn't expect them but have to admit they all were well behaved but still felt a bit anxious with kids. This is suppose to be family friendly hotel and is perfect for families with kids under 12 but I feel that by excepting hens and stags it could ruin that. Everything was perfect hotel was spotless and staff were more than friendly especially the kids entertainers.the food was beautiful but after a week I had enough. It's no harm to eat out to break things up.we went to zoomarine booked through reception. We got a flyer in the airport with 20€ discount for 2 day ticket but was told by reception it only applies at booking office. They were wrong and also charged for our 3 year old but refunded the difference when confronted with apologises. Next time will take a taxi there and buy tickets at gate. All in all we really enjoyed our week and will go back and would definitely recommend to anyone. But they need to clarify if it's family or stag and hen friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jarlath B

Dear Guest,

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a near future.

Sunny regards from the Albufeira Sol

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The original hotel we did book (and BTW had a look at it when were out there..) got canceled for some reason and we were put into this place....Not that I am a fussy person....but....the promissed see view did't happen..., the two rooms with masterbed in one and 2 single also didn't happen, But a 2 single beds and a child's pull out bed insted did happen....For 3 adults.... , The photos I did see about the hotel did not match the reality..., cleaning services there....0 standart.... had a handprint on balcony window and was still there when we left.... view...somebodies dirty empty swiming pool..., so best was stay in or in pool area...
Mind the staff that works there deserve 10 out of 10..., and despite having a 3rd person who didn't get her masterbed therefore was nothing but an arrogant and rude to us and other guests...., the people we met there were nice and a good company...:)
Food...., I struggled a little bit but hey... pigged out when got back to UK..., to what we got charged for this holiday... I feel a bit robbed considering the fact I did see other peoples rooms....I would not go back there again unless the price would match 2 stars to what it felt to me...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ivitareinkopa

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor. We are sorry that you did not have had the hotel you have booked and that we were suffering by that. situation.

Nevertheless, we thank you for your kind comments on our Staff and effort in general.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The rooms were clean and modern except for ants in the bathroom which they could not get rid of. Very limited choice and very repetitive food, breakfast was very poor, it was very low quality food. Pool clean and staff very friendly. On this occasion we really did get what we paid for. We used it as accommodation only, as each time we went for food it was poor even the burgers chips and hotdogs by the pool were awful and we couldn't eat them. The drinks we ok. I'm not moaning as it was only a short break for Easter so I thought I would leave a review as I often use tripadvisor myself, to help me make a decision on hotels. I wouldn't go back or recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank holidayhappy1

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor. We are sorry that on the food in general your expectations were not achieved.

By the presente we invite you to come back in order see for yourself all the improvments our Food & Beverage team is achieving in a daily basys.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at this hotel over Easter Bank Holiday weekend. We chose this hotel because it was such a good price for all inclusive.

We arrived at the hotel at around midday and we were informed that our rooms would not be available until 4pm. I think this is particularly late when check out time is 11am and the hotel should look at changing this in the future.

Not long after arriving at the hotel we were spoken to by two members of staff about how we would be thrown out if we misbehaved. I completely understand that the hotel would be concerned about hen and stag parties following poor behaviour the previous week from groups but I think this could've been handled better rather than making it look like we were being told off like naughty children in front of everyone in the middle of reception!

The apartments were a good size, the maid came every day and there were always plenty of sun beds available by the pool.

The only real negative about this hotel was the food in the buffet restaurant. For a '4* hotel' I would've expected more choice! At breakfast they alternated between sausages and bacon each day rather than having both every day! There wasn't much choice at lunch or dinner either. By the last night we chose to eat out!

The snack bar was good and offered a good selection of snacks. There was also enough choice of drinks at the bar (although still not as good as other all inclusive hotels I've experienced).

If you want a cheap all-inclusive break in the sun then this place is fine. I would stay here again for the right price but would eat out at night!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmAndDanC

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor. We are sorry with the fact that the food in general didnt`t met your expectations.

Being in a Hen & Stag party, our maint intention was to inform at arrival some procedures of the Hotel. Our best intention is that all clients amuse themselves, equaly, and not only part of them. We adopted this posture after having some "problems" with other similar groups, while not taking imediate actions. Now we feel we are on top of the matter.

About the food complaints, we are improving and this is the begining of the second month of operations. We are getting better daily, with inputs such as yours. Our main goal is to achieve clients expectations.

By the other side, we take the oportunity to thank you for all your kind words about the staff, services and Suites in Albufeira Sol.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Went with my wife and found no fault, friendly staff and very helpfull reception staff. Food from breakfast to dinner was very good with a good choice. Loction for us was perfect as we like to walk about. the rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels. iI will book here again,Very Soon.

6  Thank legs11Linlithgow

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful, while sinthesized review and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Your kind words give us the great filling of mission accomplished and we also look forward to welcome you again next year. Please let us know of your return as soon as possible.
With kind regards

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I went with my girlfriend for an eight night stay in April 2014. We booked an All Inclusive Apartment deal.

The room was fine. It was clean, 1 air con in the main room & 1 in the bedroom & a balcony. Basic stuff really.

When we arrived we were told that our room 'wasn't ready' yet and he gave us our bands to start using the all inclusive. I wasn't too happy with this as we'd been travelling all day. If check out is 11am, the room should be ready by 3.00pm!

The all inclusive deal is pretty good. All inclusive means just that at this hotel. You can have a variety of beverages. The food in the kitchen was pretty good I though, contrary to other posts.
For what you pay to stay at the hotel - there is a good range of foods on offer each night, new dishes. A wide range of deserts to choose from!

The pool & the surrounding areas are basic. Lots of sun loungers that can't be reserved. Staff remove you towels if you do which is good! Those sun loungers go quick if the sun is out though, so be quick!

I didn't have many problems with the noise because I wore ear plugs. However, when I took them out to listen, it was loud. My apartment was next to a street and the main road was clearly visible so you could hear traffic. The if you opened the bedroom door, you could hear the entertainment from downstairs or children screaming etc from the corridors. (I was on the third floor). So take some ear plugs.

My only main complaint is that the reception staff whilst helpful in a round-about way, made me feel uncomfortable about asking for their help. I didn't feel that I could ask anything. They were also a bit lackadaisical at times. E.g. giving me my key card but only putting a days use on there when we needed eight days use. Subsequently - locked out of our room one day.

Location isn't too great either. There's a nice beach about a 10/15 minute walk away but to do so you need to walk past people constantly trying to get you to eat with them or buy sunglasses etc. Does get wearing after a few days.

There are many restaurants, shops and bars 10 mins walk away from the hotel if you fancy a drink. The beaches weren't crowded when we went, but that may change.

Be aware. There isn't someone who comes to the hotel to book excursions for you. You have to find them. I recommend. Follow Me company (or the similar name). They have a wide range of trips and activities to do and give you a discount!

Joe.

Room Tip: Pick one facing the pool and on a higher floor!