“Excellent price - bad reviews se harsh (still here at the mo!!)”

Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I'll start by getting the negatives out of the way! We were in room 233 which is a junior suite, the rooms are gorgeous but the shower curtain is very clingy and the balcony very small- only gets sunlight in the morning. It is a long way from reception so not too noisy but daily bin collections (at 3:30am!) are quite loud outside the window!! The food is fantastic- I'm not sure what people expect from other all inclusives but this is very good- and for the boring English they now put out bacon and sausage at breakfast, are you happy now?!? The location of the hotel is great and the staff are very pro-active by warning the stag and hen parties about tolerable behaviour. The rooms are cleaned everyday by the very polite maids and all of the staff are very polite and hardworking. I would come here again!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank gemdotcom
Gonçalo Campos S, Gerente geral at Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent comments in Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very important to the Albufeira Sol Hotel & SPA and to other guests that consider a trip to Albufeira.
The staff, the alerted way we are to the Stag & Hen parties, the food quality and choice, as well as all the standards practiced makes us fell proud about our work.

Sunny regards from the Albufeira Sol

Write a ReviewReviews (1,665)

995 - 1,001 of 1,665 reviews

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently return from my holiday with my daughter & gran-daughter, nice hotel very friendly staff very clean,food choice was a little limited but what was served was very nice. pool area not over crowded although a big big bug bare for me was people putting towels on beds & not using them till later in the day!! notices say management will remove them!!! but as in most places they don't!!!! a little more evening entertainment in the hotel would have been good , but maybe it was a little too early in the season!! beaches near by not brilliant , you need to get the train down to the old town!! the strip very close so if its night life you want it's on the door step! to book trips just cross the road to a very helpful & friendly booking office.! for the price you can't complain!! good holiday. weather was great!

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your sincere opinion about our hotel and its potential with us and with all our potential clients.
I’m glad you found our staff friendly and helpful, our food good execept for the lack of variety - we are working on it.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just got back from the albuferia sol to celebrate a 50th bday. Mixture of ages in our party ranging from 22-60, amazing time had by all. Clean rooms, helpful staff. Food in general good have had more choice, especially the vegetarian option!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Claire L

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent comments in Tripadvisor.
We are experiencing changes in the variety presented to our clients in our restaurant, making it more complete each day.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hotel is out of date, requested high floor and 3 rooms near together, end up separate.
Dirty tower left in the room all the time I stay.
Hotel is not suitable for 4* hotel, I think 2*.
Food is OK.
Entertainment is poor.

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
3  Thank Hien L

Thank you for sharing your opinion on Albufeira Sol Hotel & Spa
We are sorry that we did not met your expectaitons, but we feel also we are up to our standards.
We are a growing product therefore we invite you to come again in the next future to observe all the changes we are presenting our guests with.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked this accommodation after mixed reviews on trip advisor so was a little unsure but for a cheap holiday with all inclusive accommodation we thought we would give it a try. I was very surprised at the rooms, very clean and spacious and far better than I imagined - couldn't complain so far. The pool area was a good size and had plenty of beds, quite noisy due to the many hen and stag do's but nothing to complain about. The breakfast had plenty of choice including cooked, continental so something for everyone. The lunch and dinner was limited in choice but of good quality and for the money better than expected. 5 minute walk to the strip and only 5 euros to the old town. To some people the all inclusive ending at 11pm may be a problem. Would definitely recommend and would almost sure stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lyndsey C
Gonçalo Campos S, Gerente geral at Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very important to the Albufeira Sol Hotel & SPA and to other guests that consider a trip to Albufeira. We are happy that you have considered us with good value for money, except for the food variety. This is an aspect we know we have to improve on.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here for 11 days with my family two of my children who are 7 & 9 are very fussy eaters like myself. The hotel is really lovely in a fab location 5-8 minute walk to beach Praia Da Oura beach so ideal. I was going to book this hotel last August when I went to Portugal but was booked up so quickly, so decided to book for Easter as a good deal came up on All inclusive. The room was very modern and a large separate bedroom, lounge had a sofa bed and a little velvet sofa also, lovely flat screen tv with plenty of channels, my children loved it they could watch childrens channels in English which you normally cant, so good TV channels in English. The food was another story, I have a lot of food intolerances, dairy, lactose, gluten and wheat intolerant. I cannot have any food in sauces, it was a real problem. I dont eat red meat only chicken and fish. Everything was in sauces. I cannot eat pasta or rice or bread, therefore I had to see the restaurant manager and advise him on this. He did arrange for the fish to be plain and all other food to be cooked for me without sauces, which was great. I had fish salads twice a day as hardly any chicken on menu, I saw chicken twice in 11 days. The fish was cooked lovely though, there is not hardly any selection at all, its great if you are a meat eater, you will love it or love pasta. The breakfasts were good is you eat cooked breakfasts but I do not, so I had croissants which had no taste to them, I shouldnt eat them really but it was the only thing I could have had apart from fruit, which I did have for breakfast. My eldest daughter who was 17 loved the meat and pasta. My younger children hardly eat anything apart from outside snack bar, chips, hot dogs, pizza. This limited selection of food really lets the hotel down. The staff work so hard and are so pleasant especially on the inside bar, they always have a smile on their faces and so pleasant. The guy who works outside on snack bar never used to smile bless him as he was so stressed out he had no help at all, there were queues of 20 people at a time, he had to serve food & drinks, he was golden to be honest, please take note hotel, you are over working this poor guy. Every afternoon, he always knew my order, as we had the same every afternoon, he even remembered what flavours of ice cream we had, how many portions of chips and drinks also, great guy, deserves a pay rise, I would have walked out of his job by now if it were me.

The entertainment was mediocre, it was mainly the animation team who put on the shows, the guy in animation has a fantastic voice when doing shows, very talented guy. He dressed up as Lady Gaga in the day on certain days, he also looked after the children and kept them entertained. The hotel is spotlessly clean, you could not say it was dirty, rooms always cleaned well each day. The only other gripe was the downstairs ladies toilet, it smelt so bad I wouldnt even use it, one of the toilets was locked, I think it needed fixing and that was the one that smelt, in the end we all used the disabled one as it did not smell it was fresh.

The outdoor pools were not heated which is a problem in April, therefore the pools were not very busy. The sunbeds there were not enough for Easter period, you could hardly get a sunbed at 1.00p.m if you had been out in the morning as they were all used. People do reserve them early in the mornings. The all inclusive drinks were good although it stopped at 11.00p.m which is too early really, although you can get as many drinks as you want at a time, so you can stock up if you want. The cocktails were ok, the sangria was good. Wine ok ish. The holiday was pretty good value, but we did eat out at night or during the day sometimes. The old town is beautiful and has good restaurants, we eat there a few times at night, we got a taxi there. You can walk there during the day to the old town, we did, if you go the back way of the town. We walked back along the beach coming back to hotel which I found quicker, its a lovely walk, I think it probably was around 1.5 miles ish to old town from Hotel, my children enjoyed the walk as we drive everywhere in uk, so love to walk on holiday. The beaches are beautiful, the Santa Eaulia beach is superb, you can walk there or get a taxi. I visited Albufeira last August for 2 weeks and fell in love with Portugal, had never been before, expensive to eat out, therefore its cheaper to go all inclusive, money does not go anywhere in Portugal.

Weather was very hot, although we did have rain and thunder storms some days, but went nice in afternoon. Overall a lovely holiday as I was convalescing as had been very poorly in hospital beforehand and wasnt sure if I would have been well enough to go, but I did go and came back healthier and fitter, just what the Doctor ordered. I would only go back to the Albufeira Sol if they put more choice on the menu. Also they stated on the holiday website, there were Al La Carte restaurants, we did not see any, they were building one or renovating one, so a little disappointed, therefore mis-advertising, they could be sued in the Uk for not complying with that act.

Also, there needs to be a games room for children as I found a lack of facilities for children, they had a small slide and swing area but it had been cordoned off, so could not use it. Plus there needs to be proper entertainment or I mean other professional acts at night sometimes, as we got bored with the same animation team each night, although they were lovely pleasant people who performed.

On leaving on the last day, there were a group of hens about 21 of them, I had never seen so many girls on a hen do. That is fine, but they were getting very rowdy when drinking all day, they made the hotel very rowdy, this should not have been allowed in a family hotel, couples and families were complaining, we were going back later that day, the hotel management were constantly watching them and when they arrived at hotel, manager were reading them the riot act, as I think the hotel were un aware. I have no problem with hen dos but some of the tea shirts they were reading were very crude, my son who is nine was reading the backs of the tee shirts and said what does that mean mom? Well, I can tell you I wasnt impressed as children of that age pick up on these sayings, I told him they were very rude tee shirts and for him not to repeat these sayings. I think the hotel should have made the girls remove these as they were very tacky. You can still have a great time on a hen do. without wearing tacky tee shirts or the words that were displayed on them and I am not a prude but I am very protective of my children and did not want this around them. We found that there were alot of stag dos also at this hotel and one group of stags were sitting next to our table and they were using bad language which I got up and moved away from them with my family, I dont come on holiday to be around lager louts I escaped that in the UK. So hotel manager you really need to be careful of stag & hen parties ruining the reputation of your hotel, you appeal to couples and families, you need to decide which target group your hotel is for?

3  Thank LinziWestMidlands

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Albufeira Sol Hotel & SPA. We take all of your comments on board and try to implement them in making our 4 star all Inclusive Hotel, allways better.

It was very dissapointing to read about your not so good experience on the food & animation
not having fulfilled your expectations. Altough we really enjoyed reading about the cleaness of the hotel, the fantastic rooms & amenitnes and service areas while complimenting the friendness and eficiency of the staff.

About the Hen & Stag parties, as you have saw, we are very alerted to this groups and allways have a good informative conversation with them all at check in about the hotel procedures.
This is due to the fact that we do not have any idea of who is coming in each group, until their arrival.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with the food and be ensured we are constantly improving. The best way to check it is to come back in the next future. We will be expecting you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Having just come back I'd agree with Karen' s review below, except to say the food quality was very good !! but the number of choices was not !! Usually only 1 veg if any at all and breakfast was hilarious either sausage on OR bacon never the 2 together !! Snack bar was reasonable but only 1 Staff on and although he did try he was just rushed off his feet all day !! Better if they just had section to let you help yourself rather than having to order and wait. If going with kids your in for a shock nowt to do for them here and hens and stags are not the ideal atmosphere for kids. Rooms are fantastic though and so big nice views over pool and even the other side rooms have reasonable views over town. entertainment room would be a joke in high season as its far far too small bar staff try there hardest and are very friendly and efficient but god help them when hotel is more than 3/4 full it will be chaos !! Would I go back ? Yes for a short break and only if the amount of stag and and hen groups !! Were reduced having said that they never caused us any issues just really loud. All in all its a nice hotel but with a few issues close to town and beaches

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank morebeer

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Albufeira Sol Hotel & Spa.
We value each and every Guests review and appreciate the time you take out to write them. We, here at Albufeira Sol aim to please and satisfy our guests and truly excel their needs. We Take all of your comments on Board and try to implement them.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent experience during your stay among st us mainly with the food choice, the vegetarian and the breakfast composition.

We are a very new All Inclusive hotel, that has a very experienced team on the All inclusive area. We know we have a great Chef, but as any new product, it has to be oiled and for that, these reviews are very important for us to go on the right way, with our clients.

We also are very happy with all you compliments about all other facilites and services of the hotel.

We inform that the new room for the area for the animation is almost ready, being open fot the daily animation in due course.

We would be delighted to welcome you back again to proove that this was not the normal level of serievice we offer our guests.

Kindest regards