We stayed at the oceanus in september and we had such a wonderful time we want to go back next year.
on arrival we were greeted by the receptioninst, Jaqueline, who was absolutely fantastic throughout the two weeks were there, extremely helpful and friendly and very, very funny!
We were initially given a room overlooking the road which was very noisy and there was no sun on the balcony at any point during the day.
For a couple of days the people watching was quite funny but then by the third day we asked to swap rooms as it was quite noisy. The reception staff sorted this out for us on the same day and we ended up in a larger apartment with two balconies and a view of the pool with some sunshine on the balcony, brilliant. The lovely cleaners did a great job and i thank them as they had to clean two rooms instead of one.
We could not fault the apartments at all and are unsure why it has had some negative comments from some people. The room was lovely and spacious with air conditioning, plenty of cooking facilities, not that we used them much, with a kettle, toaster, microwave and cooker. plenty of storage space, TV, kitchenette, settee, table and chairs, plenty of plug sockets and telephone. The beds were quite small but comfy enough though the pillows were quite hard, though not a problem.
The rooms were cleaned every day apart from sunday, the bedding changed three times a week, the towels were changed and the bins emptied every day. The cleaners were lovely and felt that they appreciated us saying 'ola' to them.
The bathroom was a good size with a shower over the bath, good sized mirror and a hairdryer.
There is also a safety deposit box which had a returnable deposit to pay of £10 and then something like £2.50 per day.
There are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby and the pool bar is really good and very good value for money, its just a shame it closed at four o'clock as we are not big eaters at lunch time and would have liked to have eaten there later.
There is an english run bar called 'Holidays' just behind the pool area which is reached via some steps behind the pool bar. Very very friendly people and the food there was fantastic. especially the sunday roasts. Sharon owns the pub and is brilliant, we were made to feel like part of the family from day one.
there is also a square with plenty of bars and restaurants which we didn't find until the second week which is reached via the long route to the beach or there is a short cut down past the shops on the right of the hotel and down a small steepish path just after the last shop on the row where the supermarket is.
We did go to the beach the short way, though it is down a very steep hill which is not too bad going down but a real killer on the way back. The beach area is lovely and there a plenty of bars, cafes and a couple of shops there as well.
There is a roof terrace which we didn't discover until the last day, typical, but no one told us about it and we only found it because we spotted some people up there, its up some steps with a door that says 'solarium' on it. lovely area and gets the sun all day.
We went on a few trips and found these to be quite expensive, it would have been cheaper to hire a car!
All in all we had a lovely time and met some lovely people. We will definately be going back to the Oceanus and hope that Jaqueline is still there!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanus Aparthotel ***The newly expanded Oceanus Aparthotel is located in the centre of the charming summer resort of Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve. Recently enlarged through the acquisition of the Aparthotel Olhos d'Agua, this 3 Star vacation retreat makes an affordable base for couples and families with a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby and 102 attractive studios and one bedroom apartments resting in 2 buildings surrounded by lovely gardens with a sparkling swimming pool. Guests of the Oceanus Aparthotel can discover the marvellous beaches of Olhos d'Aqua (500 m) and Maria Luísa (800 m), explore delightful little villages with narrow cobbled streets, and tackle the challenging golf course in nearby Acoteias. For a bargain holiday in the Algarve, Oceanus Aparthotel makes the grade! Faro International Airport is 30 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Oceanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Oceanus Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Aparthotel Oceanus Hotel Albufeira
- Oceanus Hotel