We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel, we had a corner apartment facing the front which was very spacious and fully equipped for our needs. The location was great as it was close to lots of lovely restaurants, shops and the beach. The pool area was fine, although the pool could have been heated. The snack bar lowered the tone of the hotel and could do with being updated.
We opted for bed and breakfast which we would not recommended. The only options were full English breakfast or continental which consisted of rolls with pre-sliced cheese/ham and croissants with packet jam/butter. We were also given a plate of something which we assumed were scrambled eggs and these were disgusting. Breakfast was served in the snack bar, however we would have preferred it in the restaurant or the hotel bar.
We dined at the A' Cantina restaurant one night and both had the salmon and a dessert which were lovely. The staff were friendly however, the staff member hovering outside the restaurant put us off coming sooner as we could not look at the menu board without feeling pressurized.
We visited the hotel bar several times which had a nice atmosphere as it looked on to the indoor pool, drinks were fine and reasonably priced and staff were lovely.
Overall the hotel staff were friendly and helpful and we would return to this hotel on a self-catering basis.
Stayed here June 2014 for 1 week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanus Aparthotel ***The newly expanded Oceanus Aparthotel is located in the centre of the charming summer resort of Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve. Recently enlarged through the acquisition of the Aparthotel Olhos d'Agua, this 3 Star vacation retreat makes an affordable base for couples and families with a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby and 102 attractive studios and one bedroom apartments resting in 2 buildings surrounded by lovely gardens with a sparkling swimming pool. Guests of the Oceanus Aparthotel can discover the marvellous beaches of Olhos d'Aqua (500 m) and Maria Luísa (800 m), explore delightful little villages with narrow cobbled streets, and tackle the challenging golf course in nearby Acoteias. For a bargain holiday in the Algarve, Oceanus Aparthotel makes the grade! Faro International Airport is 30 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Oceanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Oceanus Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Aparthotel Oceanus Hotel Albufeira
- Oceanus Hotel