Having been to Olhos D'Agua before, my wife and I knew the excellent location of the apartments and the proximity to all the local amenities. The late deal we got with Thomas Cook Style was heavily discounted (60%), and worked out at just about the right price for very disappointing accommodation. The apartments have clearly been built some years ago, and are in need of a substantial renovation. Decor is tired and our bathroom and shower both had lots of broken and cracked tiles on the walls. The shower heads were flimsy and the windows and ledges in both were dirty. Cleanliness overall was adequate, though sofa covers were questionable. Our prime complaint was being allocated room 013, ground floor front. Granted, the one bedroom apartment was large and there was no offending noise from the road, but both of our balconies were tiny and, worst of all, had no view other than the hedge surrounding the premises. We did request a change of room but were given a curt "full up" response by reception. The Thomas Cook rep., was similarly unhelpful. The pool area is smallish, but adequate and contains the best aspect of the establishment, namely the snack bar where excellent value and quality food is served. The pool area does, however, seem to be able to be used by people other than Oceana residents. Having explored the village more this visit, I now know of many more appealing apartments which I will be pursuing for future visits.
Regarding restaurants and bars, in several visits we have yet to be disappointed though in our opinion, Fratelli's, Tavertino's and Ambrosia Nectar are overrated and overpriced.
Conclusion: if you do visit the Oceana, do NOT accept a room on the ground floor facing the main road!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanus Aparthotel ***The newly expanded Oceanus Aparthotel is located in the centre of the charming summer resort of Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve. Recently enlarged through the acquisition of the Aparthotel Olhos d'Agua, this 3 Star vacation retreat makes an affordable base for couples and families with a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby and 102 attractive studios and one bedroom apartments resting in 2 buildings surrounded by lovely gardens with a sparkling swimming pool. Guests of the Oceanus Aparthotel can discover the marvellous beaches of Olhos d'Aqua (500 m) and Maria Luísa (800 m), explore delightful little villages with narrow cobbled streets, and tackle the challenging golf course in nearby Acoteias. For a bargain holiday in the Algarve, Oceanus Aparthotel makes the grade! Faro International Airport is 30 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aparthotel Oceanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Oceanus Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Aparthotel Oceanus Hotel Albufeira
- Oceanus Hotel