“Nice hotel but..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Topazio

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Topazio
Ranked #39 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
“Nice hotel but..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Nice hotel, nice staff, nice breakfast every morning with a central location.

Clean Rooms cleaned daily. Nice pool and snack area also.

But we were woken every night by the night club across the road. Noise starts about 1 or 2am and finishes about 6 or 7am every night our balcony may as well be been in the nightclub.

We ourselves were out late every night but even with alcohol the noise was too much and we couldn't sleep such a pity as the hotel itself was good,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Cassieo16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

we arrived on 28th Dec and warmly welcomed by staff and shown our apartment which was exceptionally lovely.our sheets where changed every day and given fresh towels every day..the cleaners are reealy lovely and friendly.the hotel is staffed 24 hours which is a bonus whatever time you arrive.It is very secure and in honesty if you want value for money, this is the hotel to stay at in albufeira.the whole 7 days cost me and my son £187.00....so tell me where you can get this in England at that price and the standard of hotel..apartments are fully fitted with a kitchenette,confortable bad nice clean bathroom..i am definately going back to Hotel Topazio this december..and to all the staff there Obrigado!!!!

Room Tip: ground floor rooms may get abit of sudden noise from room above due to floor being mable,if one move...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Druscilla2014
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Staff are fantastic. I arrived late at night with my partner as the first Hotel we were due to stay in was terrible. The staff member at Hotel Topazio gave us a fantastic price and were very helpful. Clean Rooms and Great Location. I will be back in a few months to Hotel Topazio :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kjo1bmg
South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Spent five nights here in October with hubbie in a studio, which turned out to be a one bedroom apt, fully fitted kitchen, with balcony overlooking pool and only cost £109.
Location excellent- 5/10 mins walk to end of strip but pubs close by serving excellent food and John Smiths beer!
Weather fantastic for time of year, even went on the beach for walks to the old town and ventured into the sea.
Cyprus has always been my favourite holiday destination up until now but with a shorter flight, friendly people and good value for money, will chose Portugal again next year.
Visited the golf resort of Vilamoura, when the Open was being played there, more expensive and upmarket, the crazy golf course well worth a visit

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, a nighclub opposite called Kiss, which only opened on weekends, so we missed th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SouthWalesWickers
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This review is based on the fact I paid just £12 a night in close season. The rooms are a good size, relatively clean, although I found body and head hair on the floors and in the bath. The maids visit everyday, but like previous reviews stated, they only remake the beds, the sheets haven't been changed in the last 6 days. I don't mind as I'm on my own, but it would probably bother me if I was in a couple.

I haven't tried the food but it's reasonably priced, as are the drinks.

The front desk staff aren't very friendly (I always say hi when arriving and leaving and tend to get a grunt in response) but the bar staff always have a smile.

It's quite quiet at the moment, but whenever there are people next to or above me I can hear everything! People walking above me, people watching TV, etc. I would not stay here in peak season because of this, but apparently it is quite common because they use breeze blocks in the construction of most of the hotels here.

Overall it has been a very nice stay, and ridiculously cheap! There is a lovely cafe opposite called Cepa Velha which I have eaten at rather than the restaurant downstairs, purely because it's always empty!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tomtomthailand
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 10 nights 23.11.13 - 03.12.13 with my partner. Please just look at my complaint to the company we booked the hotel via and you'll see the problems we faced. Not saying you will have the same if you book here, this was just our experience:

"We have been staying in this hotel for 7 nights now, but we have not had proper hot water for 6 nights. The complaint was first made on the first day when we checking out the facilities when we walked through the door of the apartment. The water was tepid at best so i phoned down to reception and made them aware,they said they would get someone to have a look. A maid came to the door and checked the hot water in the kitchen and agreed that the water was not hot. Reception phoned me back and said that there was no engineer on site and we would have to wait till Monday for them to resolve the issue,they offered to move us to the apartment below, but it had the same problems,so we agreed to stay until the engineer had fixed the issue. Since then we have been without proper hot water until friday night when we came back from a day trip and asked the receptionist if the water had been fixed.. He explained that a colleague said it had been resolved, about the 3rd time they've said this within the 7 days. Thankfully it was finally hot on friday night after our trip. I did make a polite complaint on Thursday evening to the receptionist and i said it was unacceptable to not provide guests with such a basic requirement such as hot water - he provided me a card with the hotel chains director if i wanted to write a letter, which i will be doing on my return to UK. I said we've had to pay 45 euros to use another hotels spa facilities for 6 days because they have hot showers and because it was too cold to use our own. Not only this, but our bathroom stinks, it smells as if it has a sewerage running beneath it. I had to go out and buy bathroom bleach, cleaner and air freshner to combat the awful smells. Every night i have to put the plugs in plug holes as thats where the smells are eminating from - its awful and we're really not happy. Okay we've got hot water now but im not holding my breath, even though its fixed, its still very tempremental as it was this morning. Firstly i am making the complaint to you, because it was you that took the money upfront from my bank. Not having hot water in your hotel room or apartment is a cardinal sin, and we will not put up with that. That coupled with the stinking bathroom as well just adds insult to injury."

Oh, if you like your soft or memory mattresses back home, don't expect the same here, the beds are rock hard. Apparently this is problem with 2-3 star hotels across Albuferia though, but it makes sense. If you're only willing to pay peanuts for accommodation expect monkeys, not 5 star quality which is what I think a lot of people expect for their money but are then bitterly disappointed that they haven't got a suite overlooking Mount Vesuvius erupting and bed lining that's been made by vestal virgins from Atlantis.

Admittedly, we didn't spend a lot for 10 nights here - about 19€ p/n. At the end of the day you get what you pay for, so I can't really moan about the hard mattresses even though they were uncomfortable. But to not have hot water.....! It doesn't matter if you're staying in a YMCA or a Shangri-La hotel, hot water is basic.

If you're staying in the apartments at the back, there's a labrador that lives in the 2 storey, privately-owned house just over the wall. This thing never shuts up unless it's let out of its cage. Its barking is like a sonic boom, not to be missed. To listen to such spectacle, opening hours are 7-8am and then again at 4-6pm when you are having a siesta. Tickets are free.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blueprintz
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

nice hotel, clean good loaction, friendly staff, would stay here again, close to the main strip, although that is not for everybody!! Good prices from various website! And this is just to make my review a little longer so it can submitted!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends