“Lovely relaxing holiday :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Janelas do Mar Apartments

Janelas do Mar Apartments
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing holiday :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a brilliant time at the janelas do mar. The apartment was clean and very spacious and the views were amazing from both verandas. Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels and beds made. The continental breakfast in the morning was lovely and fresh and my partner payed an extra 1.50 euro for a cooked breakfast each morning. The pool area was great and there was plenty of loungers. The vodka slushes were luvly at the pool bar too :) It was 5 euro in a taxi to get to the strip or the old town. Would definetely go back.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor in the 3rd block which had amazing views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephanie D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here in may for a week just as a last minute getaway. I was pleasantly suprised with the hotel . It has everything you need. The staff are friendly and for the price I think its a bargain. The room are basic but clean. The hotel is situated on the top of a hill but the bus stop is directly outside and only costs €1.40. The room was cleaned every other day and the cleaners were very friendly. There is 3 pools (1 indoor), table tennis, a park, tennis court gym everything you need . The only tiny complaint I have is that there are no double beds only singles, but it was fine we just pushed the beds together.
Would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 123-bella85
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

When we booked this at short notice we wanted a cheap self-catering holiday to coincide with my parents stay in the same resort.
I had a budget and this fitted the bill so I went for it and everything was fine, I would recommend this to anyone on a similar holiday as my only two gripes were the beer: €3.50 in the hotel for a pint which was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted, I had one sip and left it, Super Bock was off and the hotels location (quite a distance from everything) though quiet enough.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NickJacko
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Came back today after staying here for a week,staff friendly and helpful,coffee shop,mimimart,giftshop,3 pools,pool bar,loads of pool tables,tennis court,mini golf,and a bar in the hotel lobby,our shower broke and when we told them it was fixed within half an hour,bus stop right outside which for €1.40 will take u to old town beach with loads of shops and bars and restaurants,just round the corner is the irish bar which serves a lovely all day breakfast.already booked turkey for next year but will be going back to janelas do mar in 2016.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank leighrod
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Myself and two friends stayed here in May for a week. On arrival the woman who checked us in was not very friendly, any time we came down to ask her about anything life the safe or air conditioning she had a face on her and was not very approachable. Also air conditioning is not included in the room so u have to rent it for the week. The room we stayed in was grand to just get dressed in and put your head down at night, but to have a shower in was terrible. The first person got the hot water and after that everyone got freezing cold water. We had to buy toilet roll ourselves twice as its paper thin over there, the cleaners only came twice with toilet roll and gave us one at a time. They did not serve food there when we asked and the bar closed at 12 every night if we decided we wanted to stay local. The walls are paper thin so you can here every movement. Also there was 4 days that the weather was bad and there's not really any entertainment there in the day time or night when its not nice out which means you have to go into the strip or oldtown every night to get entertainment. Don't think i will be coming back here in a hurry

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank samzi

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights from 26th May. I came on holidays by myself for the first time.

The apt I had was a studio on the 8th floor on block 3. It had amazing views. The apt was well equipped and housekeeping came and made the bed everyday and mopped the floor. Towels and sheets were changed frequently too.

The pool area was lovely. There weren't many people staying during my week so there were plenty of sunbeds.

I discovered though that the gym was not free to use, plus other activities such as tennis and pitch n putt also cost. But as I was on my own that did not bother me.

The strip is about a 15 min walk. Very young and lively. Old Town is further but walkable but a taxi is only approx €3-4.

And the best part of staying at Janelas Do Mar is the lovely Irish bar across the street. .. Milly O'Naires!!! Call in and see Jenny and Graham. They have the best wee pub and great craic and good food.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Maggzey
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband & I got this as a special offer to Albuferia 16th May for one week so decided to take up on the offer. We werent expecting the Ritz for the price we paid but however I couldnt give this property a good review. It wasnt at full capacity when we were all and all I can say is that I wouldnt like to be there when its busy. The walls are paper thin and every noise is heard, alot of furniture etc being moved around, we had to be moved to another block on our second day as the people above us were partying day and night, despite numerous complaints to reception they couldnt do anything about it so decided to move us to another block (much better) I dont have anything against partying I do it myself but when its going on 24/7 and despite compliants from reception (& we werent the only ones complaining) its a poor reflection on the management. There doesnt appear to be night security and the guy we complained to was very rude.

The room itself a one bedroom apartment was spacious for two people and not for four. It was cleaned once while we were there, towels changed every second day and if you needed a daily change it was €2.50 per day, Charges: 20€ for safe with €5 refundable; television which was like an antique was €20; mattresses for sunbeds one euro (okish) there was a list of charges for different things so be prepared. Needless to say we didnt avail of these. Oh toilet tissue - one loo roll per couple every second day so you may need to buy some in the supermarket (not the one in the complex) Pingo Dolce I think very cheap and good value.

All in all we enjoyed our week, the old town is lovely and theres a great selectionm of bars & restaurants and all very cheap. The strip is good too, There is a good bus service outside the apartments its Lina Verde and take you all around Albuferia for €1.40.

I felt the complex would be more suitable for the younger partying holidaymakers who dont mind the basics.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple