Stayed for 2 weeks at Novochoro Apartments. Chose these apartments because had good reviews, however when we arrived there we were taken to a nice one bedroom apartment, which was beautiful, however when asked if it has air con in the room, was told no. Well I was a little shocked as in the main 2 weeks of August you need that basic essential. The description on holiday website, stated air con in rooms, we were told that only the studios had air con? I was a little confused as the studios do not normally house families but couples, well to me it made sense to put the air con in family apartments due to having children under 9. This straight away put a damper on my holiday. The apartment I could not fault it was tastefully designed and was very spacious indeed. The cleaner came in every other day and she was very thorough and very pleasant. The apartments are too out of the way for families, I took my 6 & 8 year old with me on holiday and it was a good 30-45 minute walk to the beach and 30 minutes to the centre, which is ok if you are a couple as I love to walk on holiday but the children were too hot to walk that distance, therefore had to keep getting taxis twice a day and at a cost of 25 euros each day was a good chunk out of my spending money. The pool facilities were inadequate, too small a pool and lack of sunbeds and parasols were all torn and broken, therefore the pool area and parasols need a facelift. Therefore we did not use the pool at all, used the beach each day instead. There was no entertainment on at all as only a very small complex which was very quiet at night. The had a group of Portugese or Spanish young girls staying in the apartment above, who were extremely noisy and disruptive till at least 3.00a.m each morning having parties every night which kept my children up each night. Although this sounds like a bad review it isn't, I think if the hotel puts in air conditioning in all rooms it would encourage more people to return. The staff though on the other hand were very helpful and polite, especially the young blonde lady, she was lovely even offered to help with our suitcases bless her when we arrived and she showed us to our apartment. I would definately recommend this small hotel to couples due to the location but not to families with small children. I had not been to Portugal before it was very beautiful but very very expensive to eat out. Costing 65 euros for 4 of us to eat out, with a main meal only plus a drink each! Due to how expensive Portugal is I do not think I would return again unless the cost of eating out was cheaper, your money just goes no where at all. The beaches were lovely especially santa Eualia Beach, worth a visit, a lovely small beach, nice and flat, not too overcrowded with many locals. Had to get a taxi down there and back though, just a short walk out of the new town down a hill. The Old Town is very quaint with a lot of character, loved it, but restaurants again very expensive. The Marina was a nice walk from Old Town which was very colourful, with Miami style apartments. Bars very reasonably priced, cheaper than Old Town. Overall had a lovely holiday, weather was very hot indeed, but is the main season so expected it. Take mosquito repellant with you as we all got bit mainly at night and take plenty of spending money as you are going to need it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divided in two distinct blocks, Shell and Star, this unit has to offer 31 apartments, T0, T1 and T2,to allow to its guests enjoy moments of privacy and relaxation. Totally equiped with TV satelite, microwave, electric cooker, toaster between others, this unit offers also a snack-bar area, large swimming pool and children playground. Just 30 minutes away from the International Faro Airport. Located in Albufeira, in the very heart of the Algarve and standing in a very short distance from one of the most beautiful beaches in the region and Golf courses, this unit has all the conditions to offer its guests a peaceful stay in a well acquainted environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novochoro Apartamentos Turisticos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novochoro Apartments Albufeira
- Novochoro Apartments Hotel Albufeira
- Novochoro Apartamentos Turisticos Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal