Novochoro Apartamentos Turisticos
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Topazio(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Pool
Falesia Mar by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$108
US$121
US$115
  • Restaurant
Vila Gale Atlantico(Gale)(Great Value!)
US$110
Alfagar Aparthotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$110
  • Pool
Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Pool
All reviewsnovochoro apartmentsshuttle bussnack barmin walkold townlate breakevery other daypool areanearest supermarketsuperior apartmentclean apartmentsseparate kitchenon arrivallovely apartmentlovely poolair conditioningfree wifi in reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks at Novochoro Apartments. Chose these apartments because had good reviews, however when we arrived there we were taken to a nice one bedroom apartment, which was beautiful, however when asked if it has air con in the room, was told no. Well I was a little shocked as in the main 2 weeks of August you need that basic essential. The description on holiday website, stated air con in rooms, we were told that only the studios had air con? I was a little confused as the studios do not normally house families but couples, well to me it made sense to put the air con in family apartments due to having children under 9. This straight away put a damper on my holiday. The apartment I could not fault it was tastefully designed and was very spacious indeed. The cleaner came in every other day and she was very thorough and very pleasant. The apartments are too out of the way for families, I took my 6 & 8 year old with me on holiday and it was a good 30-45 minute walk to the beach and 30 minutes to the centre, which is ok if you are a couple as I love to walk on holiday but the children were too hot to walk that distance, therefore had to keep getting taxis twice a day and at a cost of 25 euros each day was a good chunk out of my spending money. The pool facilities were inadequate, too small a pool and lack of sunbeds and parasols were all torn and broken, therefore the pool area and parasols need a facelift. Therefore we did not use the pool at all, used the beach each day instead. There was no entertainment on at all as only a very small complex which was very quiet at night. The had a group of Portugese or Spanish young girls staying in the apartment above, who were extremely noisy and disruptive till at least 3.00a.m each morning having parties every night which kept my children up each night. Although this sounds like a bad review it isn't, I think if the hotel puts in air conditioning in all rooms it would encourage more people to return. The staff though on the other hand were very helpful and polite, especially the young blonde lady, she was lovely even offered to help with our suitcases bless her when we arrived and she showed us to our apartment. I would definately recommend this small hotel to couples due to the location but not to families with small children. I had not been to Portugal before it was very beautiful but very very expensive to eat out. Costing 65 euros for 4 of us to eat out, with a main meal only plus a drink each! Due to how expensive Portugal is I do not think I would return again unless the cost of eating out was cheaper, your money just goes no where at all. The beaches were lovely especially santa Eualia Beach, worth a visit, a lovely small beach, nice and flat, not too overcrowded with many locals. Had to get a taxi down there and back though, just a short walk out of the new town down a hill. The Old Town is very quaint with a lot of character, loved it, but restaurants again very expensive. The Marina was a nice walk from Old Town which was very colourful, with Miami style apartments. Bars very reasonably priced, cheaper than Old Town. Overall had a lovely holiday, weather was very hot indeed, but is the main season so expected it. Take mosquito repellant with you as we all got bit mainly at night and take plenty of spending money as you are going to need it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank LinziWestMidlands
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family and I went there for one week, at first we thought its nice place 2nd day we asked if they could clean the place as it was sticky on the floors. It was too much trouble for them, there is no air con too hot and you can't leave windows open as there birds making noise at night time we asked to change our room they said 20 euros a night.Sleeping was not comfortable, food is not nice on the complex. They charge arm and leg for food 2 euros for a tin of backed beans and 2 euros for 4 slice of bread.
Think twice before booking at novochoro it's out off reach and nothing to do on the complex we could not wait to get home, if you have booked hope you guys have better experience than us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank 382Meen382
Reviewed 25 July 2013

First let me say its more a budget type of accomodation that is a wee bit strange as it has been done up nice appartment wise as we stayed in the New Block.
But there seems to be a lack of any kind of maintenence going on as the Pool Area very run down.Sun Loungers falling apart and parasoles ripped and falling over.
Bar reception area needs an update food etc and no so great on drinks.
Would have a lot of potential if somebody looked after it.
There seems to be a lot of Students etc useing it hence perhaps why its so run down.
Its a bit too far out of proper shops and places to eat but a good bus service and taxi service but if you like to walk take your hiking boots etc.
We would not go back as just too far out to get basic things like newspaper or a few bits and bobs.Walked to big supermarket about half hour away taxi back fully loaded.
Sometimes you just want to go down to the bar and have a meal by the pool just not that sort of place as everything a hike.
If you fit healthy i suppose its ok but should say not for anyone like me with walking problems as all a struggle hill wise.
Albufeira Strip used to have a nice top end all closed and run down now very dissapointing as been 4 times so a fair trek to bottom end where its all blasting music even the young saying too loud.Old town still nice but for us no more Portugal as its all very run down now.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smokers
Reviewed 21 July 2013

the good points were as follows / lovely clean / tidy apartment /
the bad points most of the sun beds are unsafe as they are falling apart along with a couple of parasols. myself and my husband asked for a 6am wake up call we reminded them again later in the day. to our horror no call was made to our room ,we woke up by chance an hour later causing a mad rush to the airport. most of the staff take a crying baby and older children to work with them , they are in the bar and in the pool most of the time which was quite annoying for us . it is a good 15 minutes walk to the bars etc. we didn't even see the sea so god knows how far that was. I found it was too far away. reception is closed at 11pm there are no staff at night here so in an emergency you would have problems /no pool attendant which is very dangerous . I most certainly wouldn't go back there ever again

Room Tip: the room was good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheron h
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Clean tidy apt but beds very hard so much so I woke with numb arms. No air con so rooms very warm. We had to open the windows at night but local dogs barked through the night and insects flew into room especially moscitos so we got bitten alive. Therefore sleeping was difficult. Insect repellent definitely needed. Sun loungers and parasols were ripped and tired looking. Small apt complex so pool area was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013