“Baby's first holiday”

Ouratlantico Apartamento Turisticos
Ranked #78 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
“Baby's first holiday”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just returned from the ouratlantico in albufeira. Location wise, depending on what you are looking for, you couldn't ask for better. It's a min walk to the right when u exit the apt to the bottom of the strip. This is more lively end of the strip, with disco bars and a loads of restaurants. If you go left when u leave the apts, again about a min walk you will find a good selection of bars and restaurants but much quieter. This is where the oura hotel and club Praia da oura are located. The supermarket is at the back of the oura hotel. We found the Rockline bar good and paulus restaurant great- great tourist menu for €10.50. The beach is about a 5 mins stroll to oura beach. Old town is a nice 15 min walk in- taxi back was only €5. The old is lovely to have a wander around and has plenty of bars/ shops/ restaurants.
The apartments themselves were well kept. We had a studio on the ground floor with a patio which looked out onto the pool bar. 1 bed apts are on top. We only found it noisy 1 night which was our last thank god coz some people have no consideration- moving furniture at all hrs of the morning (new arrivals). The others reviews are correct- there were 3 stag/ hen parties but none of them bothered us. There was actually quiet a mix of singles, families and couples. For the price we paid I think we got a good deal and would return to these apts. only thing that turned me off was that the area doesn't cater really for "family entertainment" anymore and that's what I was expecting as I'd been before a few yrs ago. All in all a nice place to stay for budget accommodation.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Lynoc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have just come back from a weeks holiday and have to say it is lovely and the apartments are very roomy, it was great until the last couple of days when a group of lads moved in above us.

The noise from above sounded like they were moving furniture around all the time and the last night was the worse one, so much so I had to go and complain to reception.

Its a shame but because of that I don't think I would go again.

Room Tip: Even though the ground floor rooms lead straight out onto the pool area, I think it would be better...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mitch2008
Scotland
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed here with 2 friends for 5 nights in June. We just wanted a cheap getaway and it's exactly what we got. The apartments were basic but clean. We had a 1 bedroom apartment and it was a duplex so very spacious. By only criticism with the layout is the bathroom is off the main bedroom upstairs. So if the person sleeping in the living area needs to go during the night they need to navigate their way upstairs and through the bedroom, not ideal! Also, the lack of air conditioning could be a problem for some, as it did get really hot and that was at the beginning of June.

The pool area, though not huge is perfectly kept. However, there aren't enough sunbeds for so when it was busy many people had to lie on the grass outside the studio apartments which surround the pool.

The pool bar offers food all day, just the usual english breakfasts, toasties, baked potatoes, burgers etc, but it was all good. The lady who worked behind the bar was lovely, even when it was really busy (there were lots of big groups of people when we were there and they'd all go and eat at the same time) she was still very helpful and efficient.

At this time of year there was many large groups of friends in the apartments (due to the poximity to the strip), mainly stag/hen do's, so I wouldn't say it was very appropriate for families but that may just be in May/June, it could be better during the summer. There was security on at night though to make sure noise was kept to a minimum.

The strip was literally 100 metres along the road and the beach about a 5/10 minute walk down a steep hill. The nearest supermarket was a 5/10 minute walk but there is a shop in the reception selling water, soft drinks and snacks. There is also a liquor store right outside the apartments.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend last week. We got the accommodation at a very reasonable price. Our apartment was no. 9, right next to the reception area. It was a studio apartment, looking out onto the pool area. It was clean & spacious.

The pool area is small, but nice, clean & well kept. The bar is just up from the pool, & we ate there once during the week, which, in my opinion, was once too often. They menu is very basic, & when I ordered an omelette from it, the waitress growled at me & told me that they were no longer serving them (at lunchtime), & all that was available were sandwiches. What I got was only ok, & overpriced.

The staff on reception were generally helpful, with the exception of one guy, who was busy chatting on the phone one night when I went in, and he waved me off & told me to come back in the morning!

The apartment was cleaned adequately every second day.

The location is good, as it's only a 2 min walk to the new strip, & 5 mins from the beach. The old town (much nicer than the tacky new strip) is about a 25 min walk but taxis to the new town are only around €4.

There was no free wifi available, which I thought was a major let down. There are 2 computers in reception, where it costs €1 for 10 minutes Internet usage, or alternatively you can buy a wifi voucher from reception to use on your phone/laptop/iPad (€2 for 30 mins). Either way, it's a rip off.

The apartments seem to be very popular with hens & stags, and there were at least 2 of each staying there whilst we were there. They were generally loud, crude & seemed to take over the pool area every day, and got a bit painful to listen to. It didn't bother me too much, but I don't think I'd like to have kids there watching & listening to them.

Finally, the biggest downside I found to staying here was the noise. OH MY GOD, THE NOISE! There were groups coming & going at all hours of the night, some of which were excessively loud, and there seemed to be no effort, whatsoever, made by staff to ask them to keep it down. This wasn't a once off occurrence. It happened several times every night. And the mornings were worse! As I mentioned earlier, our apartment was beside reception, and there seemed to be a little store room right beside us. Each morning, staff came and went numerous times, & either woke us up by standing outside our door, chatting, or by slamming the storeroom door. This started at around 7 each morning & it was very annoying.

Overall, we got a bargain, so we got what we paid for. I'd probably go back again, if I were going as part of a group.

• Stayed June 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here for a week form the 20th May. We arrived early and they let us check in early which was brilliant. We had a one bedroom apartment for 3 of us which was over 2 floors. 3 balconys which was a bonus.

Location - you are 2 minutes form the end of the strip - perfect location yet far enough aay not to hear any noise.

There were 2 stags on at the same time which was a bit intimidating at times but as we were 3 girls and not a family it didn't really phase us too much but we did feel sorry for families with small kiddies as the pool is small yet lovely but they did take over at times. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were an added bonus.

All in all I'd highly recommend these apartments, the bad reviews had us worried but we had a dall and could not fault it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Broxburn, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed here for a week with my family 22nd May 2012, the hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. The pool area is small but adequate. The first few days were bliss then around 70 young single lads checked-in for 2 stag do's, we don't mind a bit of noise but it was unbearable, drinking during the day, leaving their empty cups at the side of the pool, abusive language in front of children, exposing themselves!! Then at night we didn't get one good nights sleep due to the noise of them returning from the strip at 4am. It's a real shame as this hotel is a little bit of paradise but they will start to loose custom from families due to the amount of hen and stag parties booked in. Unfortunately we will not be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KRIS B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2012

went on a stag do 16 lads and all i can say is this is the perfect hotel for it as its 3min from the strip with all the pubs and clubs plus 5 min from the beach,its clean spaciouse all you really need for a stag do.pool is ok to chill in and relax by so all in all for £12 a night no complaints from me

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends