2 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.com
US$119
View deal
Hotels.com
All reviews ouratlantico apartments old town minute walk self catering outdoor pool fresh towels plenty of sun loungers restaurants and bars studio strip toaster oven maids nightlife
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Stayed here for a week with my boyfriend in August 2010. Stayed in a studio apt. Accommodation was basic but that was all we needed. Beds were hard-ish but who cares, we didnt! Fan was supplied with the room which was nice, it wast uncomfortably hot which was good. Didnt eat in the cafe place at all so cant comment. Location was brill, equal distance to both strip and beach. Albufeira a generally lovely place to visit, lovely food in most places and priced very reasonably. Would def stay in these apartments again. Pool was never too packed so there wasnt a huge scramble for loungers in the morning! Went to aquashow waterpark which was onyl average, the queues were waaaaaay too long even for the most basic of slides. the counter at the end of the day had counted over 5,500 people admitted to the park that day alone!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kr10000
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Stayed at the hotel for a week commencing 1st Sept '10. Our room was HUGE! Very spacious in comparison to other apartments I've stayed in. Cooker, toaster, microwave, fridge, fan incl TV also but 10 Euros deposit, didn't quite see the point in that?
As they knew two people were staying they decided to provide two separate solid squeaky sofa bed things. They were too heavy and awkward to re-arrange but one of them had a pull out bed underneath so we just settled for that, in the heat of the night the last thing you wanna do is cuddle your sweaty other half lets be honest!
Shower was great as was the toilet? Nice big mirror in the bathroom for the vein type ... always a must
The indoor facilities were good, the pool was a bit cold but I'm a wimp but once your in it's okay, they also had a toddlers pool which for obvious reasons I didn't go into but should've as I'm not a strong swimmer ... can't swim properly
Sunbeds are set up around the pool and are based on a first come first serve bases and there is a general rule that you cannot reserve them in anyway or leave your belongings on them (to reserve them) ... this is exactly what everyone DID
They also have a pool table outside 2 Euros! Table tennis 2.50 Euros for 30 mins
I didn't eat in the restaurant bar so cannot comment
The staff did there job and weren't too enthusiastic but tbh I'm not there to make friends with the cleaners, they did all I wanted them to do! People who comment on them need to get a life
Chillaxed on the beach all day which was a 5 min walk. Do NOT goto a place called Oriental, there's nothing oriental about it but the waiters, the food was terrible.
The beach was lovely sunbeds cost 15 Euros
The best restaurant was ... a small quiet one by itself, can't remember the name but they all had blue polo uniforms and the Chicken Piri Piri was on par with Nandos!
The night life was okay but would recommend going out really late to avoid bumping into prams little kids etc MATTS BAR was the place to be, good music, nuff gal dem sugar and the cheapest (good quality) drinks on the strip
Next to our hotel was a restaurant to the left which sold English Breakfast for 2.50 Euros, honestly the best I've ever had and the staff were lovely
OVERALL HOLIDAY RATING 8 out of 10

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TerryToppTipps
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The OuraAtlantico apartments provided the perfect location for a holiday in Alberferia. The Strip of typical holiday resort bars and restaurants is 2 mins walk away and the beach approx 5 mins walk. There is a supermarket round the corner and plenty of ticket shops to arrange tours from nearby. There is also a taxi rank and bus stop nearby to travel to the Old Town or other resorts in the area. Despite a location near the Strip it was still a quiet location at night.

My friend and I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which was very spacious and had 3 balconies and a basic kitchen with enough supplies to cook and serve the occasional meal. The rooms were cleaned and linens changed according to a published rota, and whilst the cleaning of the rooms and floors was not brilliant, the bathroom was kept clean and the bin emptied on a daily basis.

There was a adequately sized swimming pool with sunbeds around it but umbrellas and matresses were charged extra. There was also a small snack which seemed good value the one time we had lunch there. The staff were friendly and helpful when asked questions and issues with our room were looked at promptly.

The main drawback to place was the lack of air conditioning in the apartment, although portable ones were available at a daily charge.

Based on the cost of our holiday c. £750 per person for 2 weeks in high season the accomodation was more than adequate for our needs.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Suz15
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Travelled with approx 21 in a group for 2 weeks Aug 2010 Including Adults and Teenagers- Accomodation is very spacious (1 Bedrm) Sleeps 4 including 3 Balconies. Very quiet complex with no entertainment but the location is fantastic 2 mins from the main strip with plenty of bars and restaurants, 5 Min walk to the Beach and about 20 min walk to the Old Town. Accomodation has all that you would need for a Self Catering Holiday but NO air conditioning so it was extremley hot. Fans were supplied but still very hot, pool rather small but never over crowded and plenty of sunbeds available at all times. Small Portuguese resturant Mangelo's next door, really good for breakfast lunch etc. Golden Garden Chinese on the strip really great food and the Sizzling Stone and Sunset Strip recommended nearby. The Old Town is very atrractive with loveley bars/restaurants etc but quite a walk. The Strip near The Ouratalantico Appmnts is very busy right up til 4AM . Would recomment Ouratlantico for location, cleanliness and quietness but still near everything to enjoy a fanstic holiday. Would go back to Albefiera but would stay in accomodation with Air Con.

Reviewed 31 July 2010

I have not long returned from a very pleasant stay at the ouratlantico apartments. I must say they were very convenient, close to the strip, approx 5 min walk and close to the beach approx 8 mins walk. When going to the beach, turn left out of the apartment and go through CPO apartments instead of going cardiac hill! The apartments are well equipped with all cooking essentials. They were also kept quite clean but maybe could have been a bit more frequent.. One thing I would say about the apartments is that the one bedroom ones, while having proper individual beds to sleep in, also have steep, concrete, spiral stairs leading to the bedroom and bathroom. These are most definately not suitable for older people, children or those intending to have a good drink on holidays, like I was!! They are very dangerous. We explained our worry and we got moved to a studio, which was perfect. We had a ground floor apartment, with a terrace which was literally steps from the pool. I would also suggest that these apartments may not be suitable for younger children, such as toddlers as the kiddies pool was up to well above my knees and I am 5ft 7. Also there is no entertainment in the pool bar at any stage, now while this was fine for us, a few families that we spoke to didn't realise this and we dissappointed as entertainment in the bar is very handy for families, as the kids can stay there as long as possible and then its just a matter of heading up to the apartment to go to bed. Even though I have expressed these faults, I did enjoy my stay at the ouratlantico apartments. I'm not being fussy or complaining I'm just pointing out a few simple facts that I wish someone would have pointed out to me before I booked there.

Date of stay: July 2010