“The Paladim is ideal for all, especially families, a good all rounder”
Review of Paladim Aparthotel

Paladim Aparthotel
Ranked #18 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The Paladim. Good pool, pleasant sunbathing area. Rooms clean, good size & quiet at night (room overlooking pool better than overlooking roadside - sea view on third floor). Good size balcony. Location is fantastic (equi-distant) for Fishermans Beach, Old Town, Strip and close neighbouring beaches. Hotel snack bar very good value for money, good food (esp. full english breakfast at 5 euro including tea or coffee) & good service. Excellent Supermarket within 50 metres (eg. bottled water 37 cents / 5 litres, 33 cl bottled 4.8% beer 30 cents, 2 litre lemonade 89 cents etc etc etc. Good Bar on corner immed. outside hotel. Hotel staff friendly. Entertainment limited but pool tables, TV's etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank blade59
There are newer reviews for Paladim Aparthotel

Reviewed 5 August 2010

I have just returned from a 7 day stay at the Paladim with my wife, 2 year old son and friends, the hotel was ok and that is about all that can be said, it was neither terrible or great.
I booked this hotel based on previous reviews (were all good at the time) and I do struggle to understand many of the reviews, the last review submitted is the 1st I have read that I would say is spot on.
The hotel is in a good location if you want to alternate between the strip and the old town at night, and the beach and pool side during the day. The reception area, corridors, pool area and other communal areas are all very presentable. However the rooms are very basic, clean but in need of modernising, and whatever side of the hotel you face (pool or road) the balconies offer no view. In fact this is something that did disappoint as I like to sit out on the balcony and did not feel inclined to do so. You either looked over a main road or a residential block that was pool side. The air conditioning is a god send and does help with improve the overall standard.
In summary if I had booked a 3 star hotel I would not have been disappointed, however there is no way on earth that this hotel could be deemed a 4 star hotel. If I were to stay in this location again I would go for the Brista Sol or numerous other near by genuine 4 star hotels. Or personally since The Old Town and the beach were more my cup of tea then the Cerro Mar looked ideal.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I had been reading mixed reviews on Paladim before i left and i was getting worried! We Stayed in the Paladim from 5th July to 12th July, one bed apartment (Room 312), We Shouldnt have worried so much as everything was lovely, we had a pool view although we had been told by our travel agent that we would have sea view but in fact couldnt see the sea!! The Rooms were spacious with air conditioning although it was very noisy and couldnt leave it on all night. Bathroom was clean, floors were tiled and sink area was marble with a big mirror, No problems with hot water or flushing toilets.
The cleaning service was a bit erratic, we presumed cleaning was done morning time but in fact our room was cleaned at 5 or 6 in the evening and we would be in the shower or getting ready to go out for the night and cleaner would ring bell to ask could she clean, i found that really annoying!
Getting a sunlounger is the same battle here as any other hotel ive ever been to, you put your towel on it as early as you can and turn up when you want, and despite hotel policy about doing this, it wasnt followed though! Im sorry to admit we done this one morning then went off for breakfast got distracted looking at stalls along the way and turned up at are sunloungers at midday and towels still on them!!!
During the whole duration of our stay there wasnt one night off entertainment in our hotel not one! In fact once the sun sets the whole area becomes really quite, thats great if thats what your after but we had to make the trip to Old town or the strip for a bit of atmosphere as there was none around the hotel!!
The Location was great Old Town was brilliant beautiful beach about 10/15 minute walk from apartment, which could be a struggle as some days temp was 38C and walking would be the last thing you would want to do!!
The Only thing i could say that really bugged me was the amount of restaurants that have reps out front trying to coax you in and shoving menus in your face was really unreal! The amount of choice you have is nearly overwhelming! Theres a great little Pasteleria beside Paladim it does great toasties!
We had a brilliant holiday over all, But if we had the chance to come back i wouldnt stay there i would prefer somewhere closer to old town and right on the beach!!

Reviewed 4 August 2010

What can I say, brilliant hotel, brilliant hotel location, lovely people, lovely food. We had one of the best two weeks at the Paladim Aparthotel. The hotel is ideally situated between the old town (great food and beach) and the ‘strip’ (one for the English who like the English abroad experience). You must try the Cake shop and the Jeep excursion.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Stayed at the Paladim 10th - 24th July 2010. First impressions were that it's pleasant enough, clean and mostly well maintained. Our room was spacious and well equipped and I was pleasantly surprised to find our studio had 2 proper beds. (We were expecting a sofa bed and pull out bed). As I said, the property was pleasant enough but 4 star? No way. The light on the balcony was broken and bare wires were showing, the kitchen unit doors were mismatched - I wouldn't have minded if I'd gone there expecting 2 or 3 star but, being 4 star I expected higher standards. The actual hotel grounds were pleasant and well maintained but too small to cater for the amount of guests staying there at peak times. The pool was a good size but not much space around it for sunbathing or children to play. I was surprised by the comments of a previous reveiewer who mentioned the sunbed rule, i.e if you left your sunbed to visit toilet/bar or whatever, then anyone could take the bed. In our experience, there were notices warning guests that you could only reserve beds with towels if you were actually in the pool area. The notice also claimed that the pool area is closed between 8 and 9am for cleaning and any objects, including towels would be removed if found during this time. However, the reality was rather different, most people ignored the notices and usually by 8.30 am all beds were reserved with towels although you rarely saw any people until almost lunch time. We only managed to secure a bed once in the entire fortnight we were there. We didn't mind lying on the grass but quite often the ground was damp from the sprinkler system. Most of the time we just wandered around the resort as it was too crowded in the limited grounds. Albufeira itself was a joy, especially the old town. There were lots of different types of bars and entertainment to suit everyones tastes. The beaches were beautiful. I would go back to Albufeira again but would only consider the Paladim if it was low season and at a discount price. I don't mind staying at low quality hotels as long as they are clean, safe and I know in advance what to expect but I felt rather cheated by the over rating of the Paladim.

2  Thank Nickybr65
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I have to agree with ( antm56 ) we to stayed here 3rd till 17th July 2010 so must have been there at the same time, we had room 203 and have to say we went to this hotel from the reviews on this site and can only gather that the staff put all the good reports up for it. I would not recomend the studios for 2 it is not a 4 star, in fact I would not even give them a star. The beds had no top cover just some old pillgo blanket on, the shower curtain was very dirty and all stuck together, we asked for a new one and had to wait three days for it as they had to buy a new one. The A C unit on the balcony was so noisy you could not have it on at night, they said the maintenance man would look at it but never did. Broken light unit on the balcony with bare wires, and the hole studio was very shabby and in need of repair. Most night we had to have a cold shower as there was no hot water and the floor of the studio although given a wash every day was black ( see picture of my slippers that were white when I got there ) The Pool area was nice enough but but if you didn't get down there before nine o'clock you didn't get a sun bed. The thing that upset me more though was the fact that was lots of groups of all male or females who did not care about any body else around the pool, they would come in from the clubs at 4 or 5 am every night running and racing about singing and shouting and the managment did nothing to stop it, on speaking to the Thomas Cook rep we found she was not intrerested and was a waste of time. I have to say that I will look long and hard at any more reports on this site before before I book another holiday as I now think some of the reports are not as true as they could be. To finish of I have to say me and the wife had nice holiday in Albufeira other than the hotel but it will be a few years if ever before we go back, I think we will go back to the resort of Tavira next year and leave Albufeira to single groups as it has gone the way of Ayia Napa or Magaluf.

1  Thank 1951guide
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The room we were given on arrival on Thursday (103) is right outside a 6 lane rounderbout this resulted in constant traffic noise from 6am to 3am the next morning . This resulted in us trying to sleep for 3 hours.-guess what no sleep at all!!!
Next morning Friday we went to reception to request another room but we were told they did not have any until possibly Saturday.
We asked the rep Emily if she could help– no luck there so
I asked to be moved up higher—no luck there
I asked to be moved to the rear-no luck there
The only thing she came up with was to move to another acomadation but that would cost us 500 euro Why should we be expected to pay twice for a holliday??
Friday night no sleep!!
Saturday came and guess what—we were told no other rooms available but people were coming on standby holidays and getting better rooms than us who have booked 9 months in advance.
We have had to endure 9 nights of having next to no sleep-THIS IS NOT THE HOLLIDAY WE EXPECTED AND PAID FOR WITH OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.
We could not even use the balcony for the noise from the constant traffic!
Also-
Gardeners cutting hedges and the grass with petrol powered tools wile we were trying to catch up on some sleep on sunbeds.
Speaking of sunbeads it is hotel policy that if you leave it unatended (say go to the toilet or bar for a drink) anyone can take it -even if you have your towel and bag on it !!!

Wilst we were there we had decoraters cloths on stairwells and outside on the front they used a high reach machine that constantly beeped very loud.
If you do stay make shure you get a rear pool room.
This hotel is rated as 4 star? - More like 2 And a bit.
P.S.We booked through THOMAS COOK - Never again!!!

Albufiera is fantastic - Just not this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple