“fab holiday. lovely people”
Review of Paladim Aparthotel

Paladim Aparthotel
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 7 September 2010

stayed 2 weeks at this resort. really enjoyed it. the ladies in the bar were lovely people. pool was kept really clean as were the rooms. loads of bars at the strip and the old town. did the rocket ride trip that was good fun. the weather was superb. we ate at buddies in the old town which was very nice. location of the hotel is great with good supermarkets nearby. would recommend the algarve. the coastline is beautiful

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2010

hi myself and my partner stayed in the Paladim Thur 26th for 1 wk. The staff were lovely, cleaners done their job perfect and no shortage of towels everyday. We had pool view was lovely. The pool area was beautiful although u have to be down early to get a lounger at pool. Its centrally located with KFC, McDonalds and Modelo huge supermarket next door. Definently recommend this apart hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ail154
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The Paladim. Good pool, pleasant sunbathing area. Rooms clean, good size & quiet at night (room overlooking pool better than overlooking roadside - sea view on third floor). Good size balcony. Location is fantastic (equi-distant) for Fishermans Beach, Old Town, Strip and close neighbouring beaches. Hotel snack bar very good value for money, good food (esp. full english breakfast at 5 euro including tea or coffee) & good service. Excellent Supermarket within 50 metres (eg. bottled water 37 cents / 5 litres, 33 cl bottled 4.8% beer 30 cents, 2 litre lemonade 89 cents etc etc etc. Good Bar on corner immed. outside hotel. Hotel staff friendly. Entertainment limited but pool tables, TV's etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank blade59
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I have just returned from a 7 day stay at the Paladim with my wife, 2 year old son and friends, the hotel was ok and that is about all that can be said, it was neither terrible or great.
I booked this hotel based on previous reviews (were all good at the time) and I do struggle to understand many of the reviews, the last review submitted is the 1st I have read that I would say is spot on.
The hotel is in a good location if you want to alternate between the strip and the old town at night, and the beach and pool side during the day. The reception area, corridors, pool area and other communal areas are all very presentable. However the rooms are very basic, clean but in need of modernising, and whatever side of the hotel you face (pool or road) the balconies offer no view. In fact this is something that did disappoint as I like to sit out on the balcony and did not feel inclined to do so. You either looked over a main road or a residential block that was pool side. The air conditioning is a god send and does help with improve the overall standard.
In summary if I had booked a 3 star hotel I would not have been disappointed, however there is no way on earth that this hotel could be deemed a 4 star hotel. If I were to stay in this location again I would go for the Brista Sol or numerous other near by genuine 4 star hotels. Or personally since The Old Town and the beach were more my cup of tea then the Cerro Mar looked ideal.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I had been reading mixed reviews on Paladim before i left and i was getting worried! We Stayed in the Paladim from 5th July to 12th July, one bed apartment (Room 312), We Shouldnt have worried so much as everything was lovely, we had a pool view although we had been told by our travel agent that we would have sea view but in fact couldnt see the sea!! The Rooms were spacious with air conditioning although it was very noisy and couldnt leave it on all night. Bathroom was clean, floors were tiled and sink area was marble with a big mirror, No problems with hot water or flushing toilets.
The cleaning service was a bit erratic, we presumed cleaning was done morning time but in fact our room was cleaned at 5 or 6 in the evening and we would be in the shower or getting ready to go out for the night and cleaner would ring bell to ask could she clean, i found that really annoying!
Getting a sunlounger is the same battle here as any other hotel ive ever been to, you put your towel on it as early as you can and turn up when you want, and despite hotel policy about doing this, it wasnt followed though! Im sorry to admit we done this one morning then went off for breakfast got distracted looking at stalls along the way and turned up at are sunloungers at midday and towels still on them!!!
During the whole duration of our stay there wasnt one night off entertainment in our hotel not one! In fact once the sun sets the whole area becomes really quite, thats great if thats what your after but we had to make the trip to Old town or the strip for a bit of atmosphere as there was none around the hotel!!
The Location was great Old Town was brilliant beautiful beach about 10/15 minute walk from apartment, which could be a struggle as some days temp was 38C and walking would be the last thing you would want to do!!
The Only thing i could say that really bugged me was the amount of restaurants that have reps out front trying to coax you in and shoving menus in your face was really unreal! The amount of choice you have is nearly overwhelming! Theres a great little Pasteleria beside Paladim it does great toasties!
We had a brilliant holiday over all, But if we had the chance to come back i wouldnt stay there i would prefer somewhere closer to old town and right on the beach!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

What can I say, brilliant hotel, brilliant hotel location, lovely people, lovely food. We had one of the best two weeks at the Paladim Aparthotel. The hotel is ideally situated between the old town (great food and beach) and the ‘strip’ (one for the English who like the English abroad experience). You must try the Cake shop and the Jeep excursion.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Stayed at the Paladim 10th - 24th July 2010. First impressions were that it's pleasant enough, clean and mostly well maintained. Our room was spacious and well equipped and I was pleasantly surprised to find our studio had 2 proper beds. (We were expecting a sofa bed and pull out bed). As I said, the property was pleasant enough but 4 star? No way. The light on the balcony was broken and bare wires were showing, the kitchen unit doors were mismatched - I wouldn't have minded if I'd gone there expecting 2 or 3 star but, being 4 star I expected higher standards. The actual hotel grounds were pleasant and well maintained but too small to cater for the amount of guests staying there at peak times. The pool was a good size but not much space around it for sunbathing or children to play. I was surprised by the comments of a previous reveiewer who mentioned the sunbed rule, i.e if you left your sunbed to visit toilet/bar or whatever, then anyone could take the bed. In our experience, there were notices warning guests that you could only reserve beds with towels if you were actually in the pool area. The notice also claimed that the pool area is closed between 8 and 9am for cleaning and any objects, including towels would be removed if found during this time. However, the reality was rather different, most people ignored the notices and usually by 8.30 am all beds were reserved with towels although you rarely saw any people until almost lunch time. We only managed to secure a bed once in the entire fortnight we were there. We didn't mind lying on the grass but quite often the ground was damp from the sprinkler system. Most of the time we just wandered around the resort as it was too crowded in the limited grounds. Albufeira itself was a joy, especially the old town. There were lots of different types of bars and entertainment to suit everyones tastes. The beaches were beautiful. I would go back to Albufeira again but would only consider the Paladim if it was low season and at a discount price. I don't mind staying at low quality hotels as long as they are clean, safe and I know in advance what to expect but I felt rather cheated by the over rating of the Paladim.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple