“Good location. Accomodation ok.”
Review of Hotel Vila Recife

Hotel Vila Recife
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The pros: Great location in the old town. Nice that towels were changed daily, and breakfast was ok simple continental breakfast.

The cons: Paid extra for balcony as we enjoy sitting out on the balcony, however balcony full of poo from birds nest above and smelt of wee (looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time) so couldn't sit out. Its nice to see a bird nest above the room, however feel it could have easily been moped up. Also feel the room could have been cleaned to a better standard. In future we probably would look at other hotels in the area due to these reasons.

However overall the location is good, its cheap and cheerful.

1  Thank j23456
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vila Recife

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at Vila Recife on several occasions and have had no problems at all. No, it's probably not somewhere I would go for a luxurious break with my wife but it offers good, cheap accommodation in a wonderful location.
The pool area, whilst small, is excellent and contributed to our enjoyment.
If you are looking for luxury there are lots of places that are more than willing to relieve you of huge amounts of money but don't expect luxury at economy prices.
It is what it is and has always provided everything my companions and I have sought, at the right price!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank zigga-zagga
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed with friends at this hotel in October last year and liked it so much we just had to go back, and we were not disappointed. The hotel is very clean and the staff were amazing nothing was to much trouble for them. We stayed bed & breakfast both times and have booked again for October. Our rooms were on the 4th floor right next to the sun terrace which was very handy as the temp was in the 30s+. There are lots of places to eat and have no hesitation in recommending shalom 2 where you get the most amazing bbq ribs, and the view from the terrace at grill 54 is awesome. All in all this is a great place to stay and would definitely recommend a stay in vila recife.

1  Thank carol s
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just returned from a 5 nigh stay and for the record will return. This is not the Ritz but for the price you pay, have reasonable expectations. Hotel is dated and in areas in need of upgrading, nevertheless the room was kept spotless and freshly made up on a daily basis. As good as any other hotel. First impressions from the outside may be off putting but keep an open mind. Pool area is very small and gets no sun in the afternoon. No disturbance during the night, no noise at all. Excellent location. This in my opinion is a hotel to shower and sleep with little in the way of other facilities but the close proximity to the resort more that compensates. Not suitable for people with walking difficulties or children. Found staff to be very friendly and polite. This hotel is ideally suited for a short stay, but for a longer stay in all honesty I would look for something with more facilities. Would have no hesitation in recommending and most definately will return for a short stay but have reasonable expectations and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers face the pool.
1  Thank Shannonside
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Third time staying in this hotel. And we are going again in September. Old Vila as it says. But our room was spotless. Very spacious too. We booked room only. But had fridge, cups,and cutlery and air con. Hotel located top of hill. But not a prob for us.. Within 2 minute walk to old town square with lots of bars and great restaurants. Also 2 min walk to beach. 5 euro a bed 5 euro for the brollies too. Bed and breakfast in Recife is continental. So we chose room only. Eddies across the road does a fab breakfast. For the price of this hotel. It is amazing value

Room Tip: We had room 216. Pool view and old town resort view too
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank amanda127070
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was sent to the hotel as a substitute for my original booking.The building is quite old but very clean.It's situated at the top end of a hill so not suitable for people who have walking difficulties,although there is a bus stop 20 yards up the hill.Very impressed by the way that the staff try to oblige.I arrived at 1am and when I saw that I didn't have a kettle in the room I asked the night receptionist if I could have one.He said that he would leave a request for the day staff.On my return to the hotel next day,I had a kettle and a tray with two cups and saucers,spoons and a plate and knife.In other budget hotels,I have made the same 'request and been totally ignored,so this was a pleasant surprise.I would not hesitate to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Although I was given the first room past reception,I slept like a log.A higher floor would give a be...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Philip N
Reviewed 15 May 2014

As was last here as recently as last October with the price still ridiculously cheap, and with still fresh memories of my last trip here, you would think nothing much would have changed. Well I'm delighted to report nothing much has. The standards are still kept high, the Hotel is clean and tidy, the staff are unobtrusive and polite and the whole ambiance is peaceful and relaxing.
Just a reminder if you are thinking of staying here, the main square although close is via steps or a steep hill and the church (and its bells) next door. Plenty of bars and restaurants around and about, if you don't want to descend the steps, and the hotel boasts a couple of sun terraces as well as the courtyard seating area and the pool area, which means there are plenty of quiet "corners"
The bar, which was in the breakfast restaurant, did not open whilst I was there but Merlin's opposite the gates fits the bill nicely.

Room Tip: Rooms above the third floor overlooking the town have a better outlook.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends