“Very Good Location”

Ranked #99 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
London, United Kingdom
“Very Good Location”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I was at this hotel at the beginning of July for 7 days. The room was very clean. Had clean towels every day. Location was very good 5 minutes to the old town and beach. There are two roof terraces on the 4th and 5ft floors beautiful views of the town and the sea. Reception staff very helpful. Breakfast at this hotel was a very basic continental breakfast, if you want a full English either go tonEddy's across the road or to the old town. Church bell rang every hour during the day. Area can get a bit noisy due to bars and clubs at night. This hotel was cheap and cheerful. I would recommend this hotel but only for short break up to 5 days.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th or 5th floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at Vila Recife in June with my wife for a week and had booked the hotel based on it's location (in old town) and because of the reasonable price. The hotel is an old building and rooms are quite small however they are clean and perfectly adequate. Bathroom was a bit dated, however again adequate and all working. Our room had a small balcony and overlooked the pool and on down in to old town square, but the balconies are very small and not ideal for sitting out. Try and get a room on the pool side of the hotel as the other side has no real outlook.
The pool is again quite small with limited space around it for loungers, however there are a couple of roof terraces with plenty of space.
Breakfast was continental and quite limited in choice but enough to get you started on a morning.
As the title implies, it's all about the location with this hotel, only a stones through to old town square, and with plenty of restaurants/bars in very close vicinity.
Go ahead and book if you use a hotel just as a base while on holiday, there's no need to spend too much time in this hotel as everything is on your doorstep. We would use again if in Albufeira

Room Tip: Go for floors above level 3 on poolside for a view
4 Thank JohnP033
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife (room 212) for my 55th birthday (ouch) ! Found the place fine and we enjoyed our time there . Can,t really add much to what other reviewers have said as most topics have been covered . Would we stay again ? Then yes . Although the months of July and August for us at least would be a no no , but that is not the Hotels problem .

1 Thank wholelotarosie
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hotel is in a fantastic location, really close to the old town. They have 2 sun terraces on the Roof Tops, Rooms are ok but basic, the showers aim straight forward so you cannot adjust them. The cleaners are fantastic, our room was cleaned every day. The reception staff were very helpful and the bar / seating area is very nice. I would definitely stay here again, would not like to be on the ground floor as you look over the pool on one side but the other side your view is a white brick wall.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor room or higher seemed to be the best ones
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here the beginning of June, it was a good, clean and cheap hotel, within 5 minutes of the old town main square, we went for the B&B, it was ok, continental style, which was ok, if you want the fry-up try over the road, ( which we did 1 morning) our room was clean and overlooked the pool,( which was small, but clean as was the area around it) we had a fridge and microwave in our room,( others we spoke to said they had kettles but no microwave) we had what was laughingly called a balcony, it was very small only enough room for 1 chair, but it was ok, we didn't venture up to the terraces, so can't say what they were like,I think they could do with afew more tables outside in the courtyard area,and I think they could do more with the bar, it seemed to be a bit clinical,and had no atmosphere, and it took ages for the barman to come outside to see if we wanted drinks,(we could of gone in) we really like the old town, and we would use this hotel again, in fact I am going again in October for a few days with my daughter and our room is already booked

2 Thank alison b
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Which means thank you! For being such a fantastic place to stay...
A group of 13 of us stayed here this weekend , all of an older and wiser age. The hotel was cheap, cheerful clean, located very conveniently near the square (5 minute walk), .. Takes a big longer when you've had a few as the mazey streets can get ya a big confused.. WIFI was free too down in the little courtyard area , but the fact you get it free is brilliant , after being €25 per device last year in salou it was a pleasant change...

The pool is small but not crowded and the sun terraces are roomy and quiet so you can choose either. If you get the hump when you get splashed a bit stay on the terraces..

Breakfast was ok and filled a gap but got a big boring after a couple of days.. The staff were pretty grumpy too , no smiles and saw us as an inconvenience but they can be easily ignored..

The old town was beautiful, lots of character and felt like a safe place to be , and lots of quaint little shops and buildings. You have your usual blend of people trying to grt you into their restaurants and bars ranging from the persistent who follow you to the quiet ones who just point your way in.. We just walked past said we'd eaten and they left us alone.. The food in some places was stunning, very fresh and a decent portion.. Casa Velho down by the beach was the best place we ate at , in fact we went there 3 times and were always greeted like regulars , very friendly staff and fantastic food... They even gave us a free drink of port after the meal which was a nice touch..

All in all I had a brilliant time and would definitely go back next year...

Obrigado albufeira !!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank stefbej
Jarrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place is clean & has a great location as well as being cheap, what more can you ask for.
Location, it is literally a few minutes to the old town square as well as a few beaches.
It is surrounded by places to drink, eat & shop.
Hotel - I stayed here for a week on a room only basis but I was suprised to find it had some cups, plates, cutlery, glasses, mini fridge & they provided me with a kettle at no extra cost.
The towels were changed every day as well as the rooms cleaned, now considering I stayed here as a solo traveller & I do not make a lot of mess the cleaning standard was fine for me.
The room had air conditioning & also a tv which had a few news channels, music channels & a few movie channels, again a pleasant suprise.
The room overlooked the old town square, pool & had a sea view, the balcony was very small but you could sit out on it. You would probably have a problem if you were a tall person as not much leg room.
They provide free wifi but you can only pick up the signal in the seating area at the entrance to the hotel which was fine, all the details for connecting to the wifi where in a brochure on the reception near to a table full of leaflets with ideas of trips/days out.
I never went down to the pool area as it only got the sun until around 3pm ish & there was not room to really move the sunbeds around (sun bathing queen) so I used a couple of the hotel's terraces on the 4th & 5th floors. The views from up there were great, plenty of room & sunbeds, I was in heaven as the weather was lovely & they got the sun all day.
The staff on reception were good, they sorted out my kettle for the room, they advised me where the terraces where for sunbathing, they sorted out the rental of the safe in my room which was 30 euro but you get 15 back & they also gave me a wakeup call on the day of my departure.
The cleaners were smiley always said hello & good morning.
It was a mixed bag of people who stayed here, young, old & people from different countries but I never seen or heard of any problems. I felt safe in my room & yes on an evening you can hear the music from the bars in the old town square but I closed over the patio doors & popped the air-con on & I never had an issue sleeping.
To sum this place up it is a little gem, for the price I think you get a lot. It really depends on what sort of holiday you want but I would have no problems staying here again either as a solo traveller or with the girls.
My holiday expectations was a week off work & the gym in order to chill out, sunbathe, eat/drink & meet some nice people & I achieved all of that.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a sea view not near the lift & near to the sun terraces
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo