“great place to stay”

Ranked #77 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
upavon
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

lovely relaxing place to stay with basic (but spotless) rooms good food and really helpful staff nothing was too much trouble and all the staff have a great sense of humour would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with some great beaches and restaurants nearby

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank UpavonPam

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

just stayed at this beautiful little hotel for one week. I arrived on Sunday 29th June and stayed for 7 nights. The hotel is situated in a very quiet location and if peace and solitude is what you are after then this is the place to be . Rooms are basic,cleaned evry day and the food is also good. Lots of little eating places around and about I agree with the last review the spot pizza which is across the road from the torre velha makes a mean pizza. Dont no about the desert because im sure that Sams Laura ate it all .
The staff Bella, Marta, Maria and sylvia were all fantastic and nothing was to much trouble. Special thanks to the chef didnt get his name......he waited with me in the early hours of Sunday morning for my transfer shuttle and made me feel safe.
I travelled to this place on my own for the first time. I was very apprehensive, but evry one made me feel wellcome and there for lots of solo travellers.
Many thanks to you all, staff and holiday makers who made my stay so fantastic. Special thanks to Shaun and Jim who were so entertaining around the pool.
I shall have no doubts about coming to this place again and hope to return in October.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, lovely staff, hotel is more for the peace and quite relaxing holiday.
There are a few places to eat, I recommend spot pizzeria just next door (over the road) honey comb and cookie home made ice cream! It is so lovely!! You would have to get a taxi or a bus which comes every 40mins! Into the main centre. But we hired a car and it was great! This hotel has it's own bar and does loads and loads cocktails!.. There's a beach just down road which is nice, has it's own bar. Also scoobys an English bar and pool, with crazy golf just down the road!
I will be coming back and staying at this hotel next year!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff/Team at Torre Velha couldn't do enough for you at this Hotel. Bella and Maria and Manageress were so friendly and helpful. Room's were cleaned everyday and the general fantastic customer service enhanced the lovely ambience of the hotel. I met holidaymakers who had been returning for their annual holiday for three/four/six years in a row ! Providing you don't want to be in the centre and our happy to be in a quieter resort you will enjoy this hotel.

1 Thank Steffers2014
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Torre Velha from the 3rd June - 10th June 2014. I could not of made a better choice for my first holiday as a single traveller.
I am 36 and met some absolutley amazing people at this quirky little hotel. I felt safe at all times, my bed was memory foam, the food served here is excellent and good value for money. Yes the breakfast was repetitive but to people who moan about that, go next door to the hapimag for fruit and yoghurt!
The random characters that were staying here the same week as me will forever leave me with such happy memories :)
The fact that you get a fan in your room, a big fridge, a hairdryer, 4 power points, a kettle on request (all free!) a shower and bath, and a spotlessly clean room is just awesome.
Granted the people I met here made my holiday but the staff at the hotel are just sooooo friendly and welcoming I would of been happy chatting to them :)
Bella, Marta and Maria, beautiful ladies with time for everyone.
I can honestly say that my experience here was such a joy that I am going to return.
You are a bit out of it but thats what I wanted, the combination of a solid base to sleep at, 2 awesome chilled out beaches 5 mins away and the madness of the strip a bus ride away.
I highly recommend a stay here if you are a friendly couple or single traveler.
Even the Germans are a friendly bunch here!
The first ever karaoke here took place on Thurs while I stayed. I believe this is going to be a regular thing. I had a blast!
Please give this place a go if you are nervous about travelling alone. I was really worried but the Torre Vehla was the best place to discover thats lifes about taking risks and not everywhere is full of crime. Not once did I feel vunerable and that was a big thing to me. Enjoy People x

Room Tip: Room 108 has a fantastic view,tiny bit of sea view and memory foam mattresses at no extra charge! No...
3 Thank Gemma H
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

stayed here for a week (room only) and couldn't have asked for a more lovely little place. hotel was basic but you get what you pay for. Place was spotless and rooms were cleaned, bedding changed and clean towels daily. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, always smiling and had good banter :) food and cocktails were also lovely and at a reasonable price.
If you're after a lively holiday this place won't be for you and I'd advise booking closer to albufeira strip but as we were looking for a quiet relaxing holiday this was perfect for us! The area is absolutely beautiful! Lots of private type sandy beaches all within walking distance with gorgeous views. The marina was 20min walking distance and the old town another 20min or about 7€ in a taxi.
Was our first time in Portugal and loved it. Would definitely recommend this place and would definitely stay in hotel Torre Velha again! :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lauren A
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We used the restaurant of this hotel on various occasions. The serve was excellent, the food good for the price one pays, the wine included.
Moreocer there was lost to do, a great bar, a museum with over 3000 bottles of whikey, lots of small vintage car models..a.s.o.
We enloyed going there

Room Tip: we just ate in the restaurant
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends