Vilanova Resort
Hotel Topazio(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$182
US$172
Balaia Golf Village(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$77
  • Beachfront
US$159
Baia Grande(Sesmarias)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Clube Albufeira Resort(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$73
US$319
  • Pool
Torre Velha Hotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$55
TripAdvisor
1,220 results
All reviewsday ticketlarge poolyour doorstepout of seasontourist trainpoolside barcleaned every dayenglish channelsgreat holidaycleaned dailymicrowavepanssupermarketpintroundabout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Bad points 1st
Area is very English, too English for us. We went on a last minute break to get a way from it all..hmmm.
Hotel is not set up to deal with cold weather, although extra blankets are provided, heating is not.
Beware copious amounts of dog crap everywhere!
Good points:
Staff very helpful. When we booked hotel we specified a double bed or twins we could push together, on arrival we were allocated a twin room with fixed single beds, unable to move. I went to reception & they upgraded us immediately.
House keepers were in every day, room cleaned & beds made. Bins emptied no problem.
If you go self catering look in every cupboard & drawer to find all of the cooking utensils & appliances. We found the kettle & toaster in the living room under the tv cupboard.
We were in block 4/5, we read numerous reports that its a no no!!! It was not a problem for us.
Overall the hotel & grounds more than met our expectations. Its definitely NOT 5* but you do not pay 5* fees. This is an ideal site for singles, Hens & stags in high season, definitely not for families or older couples.
Hotel was in a good location, half way down the main strip. Although it was Christmas, plenty of places to eat & drink were open.
Places to visit:
The Old town is a must, good Portuguese restaurants & bars. Lovely architecture & beaches to die for. try the cliff walk into the town from the beach at the bottom of 'Heart attack hill'. Its not that bad really.
Silves is 1 hr away & you can book at ticket office. Lovely old town, lots of history.
Monchique the highest point in the Algarve, awesome views. Nice restaurant on the way down for lunch.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark V
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel was clean and tidy. The only things that let it down a bit was the music from local bars through the night and there was not a breakfast menu only did ham and cheese with a bread roll ,coffee and orange juice.If you want an english breakfast have to go to local resturant

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 3 December 2013

lovely location nice helpful staff villa very clean and nice had a wonderful week ...on arrival we were given an upgrade no extra cost ... lovely quiet location but central to everything ... would definately go back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ang8paul
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've stayed in the Vilanova Resort twice so far, and I have no doubt I'll be back again in the future. The first time I stayed was late May 2012 and to explain just how much I loved it, I went straight back the following year!

May 2012 was my first holiday to Portugal and it is one of my favourite places, mainly because of the amazing location. Vilanova Resort is located right on the Oura Strip, one of the busiest and exciting places in Albufeira - although I only stayed in Vilanova for both holidays I travelled around various beach resorts and locations during my trips and they're mostly quiet, ghost towns now. The Oura Strip is full with restaurants, shops and nightlife, it is quite frankly the best location you'll ever come across while travelling. Nothing is further than a 10 minute walk. The beach is the furthest away, a 10 minute trip down the hill.

I stayed in an apartment during this trip, very simple but enjoyable. The apartment sleeps two, on sofa beds and has a little kitchenette and dining table. The amenities aren't plentiful but they're enough, and with restaurants on both ends of the price scale littered on your doorstep, there's really no need for more. The bathroom is great - I personally love a bath, and these bathrooms have both a shower and bath. The water is hot, which is always a plus. The location of the apartment block is right inside the entrance, so not as far of a walk around the resort as some of the villas/cottages.

On my return, I stayed in a cottage. I definitely preferred this experience. We were situated midway through the resort - you can follow the path around, or cut across the lawn/pool area. The cottage we rented slept 6 - two bedrooms and two sofa beds. However, there are some villas that sleep more and have two stories.

The service in Vilanova is good, a little slow sometimes but any requests are taken seriously and granted within a day or two. The cleaners don't visit the apartments as often as they do the villas, but they will clean the room at least twice on a week-long stay. I wouldn't recommend bringing young children to stay in the apartments, the resort is a haven for young people wanting to take advantage of the cheap drinks in the clubs. The walls of the apartments are paper-thin and returning home from the clubs at 4am, the crowds can get a little noisy. I wasn't too bothered by this, I mostly slept through the noise. The villas/cottages are another story; provided you get good neighbours, noise is not an issue. If you would like to stay here with children, I reckon the larger villas would be more appropriate as they are sheltered from the young crowds and busy nightlife. Despite it's proximity to the strip there is no outside noise on the resort!

I would highly recommend staying here. It's not the best service you will experience, but there's no major concerns or issues that I've encountered and the price and location are definitely worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LilMalteaser
Reviewed 14 November 2013

These were very nice villas, very spacious, clean & comfortable. Maids did come in every day but bit slow on changing sheets. No kettle until asked for. Someone is on reception 24hrs. Beautiful grounds & pool area. Ideal for 'the strip', masses of shops & bars etc. Unfortunately the beach was to far away for me, had to catch the 'train' & go to next beach down which was in the old town & very nice. Lovely weather too!

Room Tip: the rooms are so nice that unless you want to be near a particular place ie- pool, I don't think you would mind which one you was allotted.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo