Pateo Village Apartments
US$175
US$169
Luna Clube Oceano(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$115
  • Restaurant
Velamar Boutique Hotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$76
Alfagar Aparthotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$109
  • Pool
All reviewstop floorindoor pooldown hillold townshop on siteminute walk downhillhuge terracewalk into townself cateringmini marketturn rightsmall supermarketwatch tvlovely holidaymain barquiet locationtaxi ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

just returned from pateo village,check in was fast and efficient,stayed in room 130,large room,full size bath and nice big terrece.whole studio was spotlessly clean and the towells and bed linen was pristine.full size cooker ,microwave and toaster,though when the toaster was plugged in all the electric went off,we reported this to reception and was told the maintenance man would look at the electrics,we were still waiting on day of departure.pool area was lovely as was the indoor pool and juccuzi,the reason i have titled this review closed is becauce the web site i booked it with stated that there was a poolside coffee shop and bar,a supermarket and a bar in the main building and yes they were all there but shut for the season,the website did not state this.about 15mins walk to the old town and about 15 mins bus ride to the strip. would i stay here again,possibly but not at this time of year.

Room Tip: if staying late in the season ask for room next to pool block as these rooms get the sun,all others are in the shade which make the balcony,s a bit to cold to sit on'
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were put in room 104 on the ground floor. It was damp,smelly and badly in need of a refit. We complained and were moved to room 108 which was almost as bad!!! Bedding felt damp and we couldn,t open patio door for fresh air as were by reception with people walking by all night. Pool area was nice though. No hotel bus as stated and far away from the strip/old town. Receptionist running the shop too so had to wait ages for service. Would never stay here again

Room Tip: Definitely not the ground floor near reception area
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 113vera
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Having read the reviews, my husband and I were a bit apprehensive about staying here. We were part of a large party, celebrating a 50th anniversary.

The staff were unbelievably helpful, always pleasant and I have never seen such happy cleaners. I did not encounter any moodiness or rudeness from any of the receptionists, they were really friendly and always made a fuss of our twin toddlers. We are very friendly and respectful and this was reciprocated.

The apartment was very basic, there was a telly but you had to pay for remote ( can't remember how much as we wouldn't have watched it anyway as far too busy doing holiday stuff!) The kitchen was well equipped with a full cooker, microwave, toaster, fridge with a little freezer box. All worked well and we cooked a few times. The apartment was spotless, my twins are crawling and I didn't have to worry about dirt on the floor as the cleaners mopped the floor once a day. The beds are a little on the hard side, but the linen was pristine and I just thought for the price, I really cannot complain. The boys were supplied with travel cots which were fine and the sheets again were very clean. We had a nice view of the pool and the balcony was lovely, we ate lunch a few times which was great. The only downside was my twins need highchairs, so it was a bit of a struggle feeding them. I did ask if we could borrow some, but there wasn't enough so understood and it really didn't affect the holiday at all.

The pool was clean, it was a little on the chilly side but we did go in October and the evenings can get a little cool. But once you get used to it, it's refreshing (ha ha!)

Yes there are 5 residents cats, they didn't bother us at all. I have owned cats for a very long time and these cats did not seem feral or in poor condition. In fact, they seemed quite well looked after and I would much prefer a few cats hanging around then a mouse/rat infestation, not forgetting what cats actually do for us! There was a dopey old dog hanging around but I think he was looked after and again didn't bother anyone.

The hill is not that big down to the resort, although my and husband and I are reasonably fit so was not an issue and we like a walk anyway, I wouldn't have wanted to be in the main bit as it was quite busy and I like peace and quiet which we definitely got here.

Had lovely food a Mamma Mias, would really recommend this restaurant, The food was gorgeous, it had a fantastic view and had a quirky feel to it, plus my children were welcome.

All in all, I think it is fantastic value for a cheap holiday. You get what you pay for, if you're on a budget or just want a cheap holiday would definitely recommend it. Some people just complain about nothing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Celia B
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Having returned to the Pateo Village for the 2nd time, we were not disappointed.The rooms are a good size,very clean & have everything you would need for a self catering holiday.Close to the old town but only downside being the steep climb back up to the hotel.We had a few excellent meals at the O LEME restaurant which is close by, thanks to the friendly owners Ana & Carlos, will definitely return to both the Pateo Village & O LEME.All reception staff & cleaners were very helpful & friendly & we hope to see you again very soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank william p
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Reading mixed reviews on here I was sceptical of what to expect when we arrived; any doubts I had were gone the instant we walked into the apartment. For the money we paid for a week in October it was first class. Like someone has already said about the staff, if you're pleasant to them they're pleasant back, simple! We had a top floor apartment with the massive sun terrace, it was really clean, and in the 7 days we were there the cleaners came on 5 of them. Changed the sheets and the towels, we actually turned them away one day, as we didn't think it was necessary. Continental breakfast was included in our price and for an extra 2€ you could get a full English, great value and set you up for the day. Location was ideal if you don't want the hustle & bustle of the town. Walk into town was fine and yes the walk back was a task on a hot day, but if you break it up with a couple of breaks to watch the world go by not a bother, or get a taxi. The bar was quiet and no entertainment, but we started and finished each evening in there. Can't find fault with it at all and would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple