Me and my family stayed here in october 2013, when we arrived the hotel looked nothing like what it does in the pictures. When we entered the apartment it was very dated - shabby sofa beds, 14 year old tv, cracked cupboards in the kitchen, lamps that didnt work - the list can continue! we went to the bedroom and there was 2 single beds pushed together to make a double- no quilt just a tatty blanket and 2 flimsy pillows. The bed was so hard I may as well slept on the floor! because of this I ended up with severe back pain and cramps in my neck. The cot was filthy and also broken had to ask for replacement which never got done the balacony is unsafe which we were told by the staff not to lean on as there have been incidents of them collapsing also not child safe as no more then 3ft high and no railing on top.
The Indoor pool is a joke you have to wear a swimming cap for hygiene reasons, apparently! Never heard or seen this anywhere else. There were cracked tiles around the pool aswell as inside the pool. This is more of a health and safety matter rather than Hygiene! The outdoor pool bar was out of use, snack bar a rip off, food was awful, there is no food court just 2 restaurants! The list could go on and on! This hotel is more like 2 star, it is a shambles and misleads its customer just to fill rooms. False advertising.
The maids were good, clean towels daily, empty bins and bed made.
The reception staff were miserable, rude and no help whatsoever!
The noise from the corridors of an evening to early hours was unbelievable. Not once did we see a security guard.
The shop on site is handy and the ladies that work there were pleasant.
The location isnt excellent but the distance to New & Old Town is walkable within 10-15 minutes or a €4 cab ride.
I will say that this is the only holiday that we have been on that has MADE us leave earlier than we were expected too. We caught an early flight home. For us, we will never return to Portugal again let alone Paraiso Albufeira!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira is a family resort located in the heart of Albufeira. License No. 843 The use of some services such as Fitness Centre, Spa, Games Camps has an additional cost. The use of swimming cap in the indoor pool is mandatory. Customers can buy caps at € 3.50 / each at the front desk. Guests with food allergies, food intolerances and/or other special dietary needs must notify the hotel before arrival. For groups of young guests and/or stag/hen parties, a security deposit of EUR 250 per person will be requested, in cash or by charging the amount on a valid credit or debit card, at the time of check-in. If the guest refuses to pay this security deposit, the entrance in the property will be denied. This security deposit will be refunded if no damages are made to the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso De Albufeira Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso De Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso Albufeira
- Paraiso Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Paraiso De Hotel
- Aparthotel Paraiso De Albufeira
- Hotel Paraiso De Albufeira Algarve, Portugal