My Husband and I stayed here for our 4th Anniversary. We we looking forward to having a nice, relaxing, romantic break, in a warm climate, in a NICE all inclusive hotel.
First off, the beds in our studio apartment were so uncomfortable and hard, that neither of us could sleep, so waking up for the repeated buffet breakfast, by a certain time, was difficult. When we asked for a different room, we were told none available, but when we inquired about an upgrade, we were shown a sheet and quoted another 25 euro a night for a 1 bedroom. Turns out, after looking at our booking details a bit more careful, THAT was the room we should have had in the 1st place, and when we pointed that out, they moved us, MUCH nicer room, more comfortable beds.
The apartments were well kitted out, with pots, pans, dishes, fridge and microwave, and each of the rooms were cleaned daily. We didn't get fresh towels every day and if you try and have a nap during the day, the housekeeping staff can be very noisy and the paper thin walls do little to insulate noise.
The food was good and the restaurant staff were pleasant, again, breakfast was a repeated buffet every day (ok, sometimes it was bacon and sometimes it was sausage, but everything else, same) and the bar staff were nice as well, with the "free" local drink selection being more than enough for me, as they poured quite heavy. The only entertainer that we saw at the hotel was a keyboard player/singer, who seemed to have a following of regulars, but was not to our taste.
The outdoor pool was absolutely freezing, and the "heated" indoor pool was luke warm at best and too shallow to really swim in.
As far as things to do in Albufeira...there is New Town and Old town. And most everything of real interest was shut do too it being off season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira is a family resort located in the heart of Albufeira. Just a few minutes from the main beach Playa de los Pescadores and the city center, it is the perfect starting point for a vacation surrounded by the intense life of this great tourist resort. The use of some services such as Fitness Centre, Spa, Games Camps has an additional cost. The use of swimming cap in the indoor pool is mandatory. Customers can buy caps at € 3.50 / each at the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Onthebeach so you can book your Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso De Albufeira Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso De Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso Albufeira
- Paraiso Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Paraiso De Hotel
- Aparthotel Paraiso De Albufeira
- Hotel Paraiso De Albufeira Algarve, Portugal