“lovely hotel”

Ranked #89 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
manchester
“lovely hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Went here on the 22nd of april2014 with my friend , cant fault this hotel in anyway , staff on check in was great very pleasant , also they printed off my boarding cards for me cos i didn know how to do it . The hotel is in the best place for everything u need got the old village on one side an the strip on the other side ,rooms was great big bathrooms , spacious living area with everything u need in the kitchen which was great , supermarket 2 mins down road with all u need , even tho we was bb it was still great to have everything to hand for drinks an sandwich in room , The outside at pool area was massive certainly wont have to put towels down to reserve sunbed was hundreds off them ,this hotel has everything for groups to familys , i will return next year for sure

Room Tip: Ask for pool view we was at the front entrance an balcony was quite cold
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jack4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leeds, Alabama
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I went late October for a week with my mum. First when we arrived hotel made a great impression on both of us. We arrive very early in the morning but our room was ready which was great. We had a quick tour round the hotel and it had all you need. Staff nice and helpful. Hotel is walking distance from the beach. Only problem was faulty tap which was leaking all night and keep us awake. Overall I booked that hotel again this year for holidays.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank PrincessCici
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very good hotel to stay in. It's very central to everything in Albufeira, as it is in between the Old Town and the Strip. The staff were very friendly and helpful when I needed them. I went self catering and never ate at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. Why stay in when there are so many great restaurants near by that are cheaper and al a carte?

I did have a coke there after arriving late and was taken back as it cost €2! The hotel market is even more expensive so I recommend you use the Spar which is just around the corner.

Never saw the night entertainment but I know they did have some acts going on.

Other cons apart from the prices - hard beds and no washing up liquid in the rooms.

The hotel is clean but could be spruced up a bit, one day they never cleaned my room at all, which is no big deal to me but might be to others.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and would return if going back to Albufeira.

I would also recommend trips to Seville, Gibraltar and the local gypsy markets.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank CharleyWood
Reviewed 25 April 2014

we booked this very last minute just for a short 4 night stay, we requested a double bed with a pool view however didn't get either, although not really a problem. The hotel is lovely in a central location, all the staff very friendly and the shops inside were handy. Slightly disappointed that the room didn't have either a hairdryer nor iron, as i depended on this with low baggage allowance etc.

We went to reception to request both however there were no hair dryers left and we were put on a waiting list, iron and ironing board were both 25 euros each.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was very nice.

Would stay here again, but maybe when the weather is slightly better!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank matty s
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks over Easter. Had read the bad reviews and was very worried. Firstly I would say on arriving we were very impressed. The hotel was very grand and the pool and rooms were very nice. Rooms were cleaned most days and were spacious with plenty of kitchen equipment for a good self catering holiday. However once you scratch beneath the service things are a bit of a let down. I was self catering and was very glad I had decided on this option. On the first morning I decided to pay for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I paid 8.50 euros for runny cold scrambled eggs, cold baked beans, bacon full of fat, stale bread for my toast and watered down orange juice. I never eat there again and had delicious food outside the Hotel the rest of my stay for much cheaper. Had I Been all inclusive I would have been very disappointed. Secondly there was the complete lack of entertainment. In the whole two weeks there, whilst the hotel was fully booked, the only entertainment other than singers was a magic show and a fifteen minute parrot show. The children 8 and 10 were bored beyond belief and we had to take them out every night to find things to do. Had I been all inclusive, I would again have Been very upset. Finally..... Staff attitude. The problem here is when things are going great the staff are efficient..... However when you have to raise an issue i.e .... We have no clean towels in our room, the oven isn't working, the air conditioning doesn't come on, you get a frosty defensive attitude and are spoken to in a way that's makes you feel that you are an inconvenience. If good service and the customer is always right is your mentality..... Do not stay here. The staff need a course on Customer relations when it comes to complaint handling and customer service. Did put a cloud over our holiday and is the main reason I would never stay here again. It is a shame as this hotel with polite and helpful staff and good entertainment is perfectly placed for a great holiday in albufeira.

Room Tip: Ground floor apartments north facing, look straight out onto the car park and as they are slightly u...
1 Thank Michelle M
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Warm welcome by helpful staff made a good start. We needed extra pillows, and they arrived promptly. The rooms were clean, and cleaned regularly. The little kitchen was more than adequate for the cooking we did, and great to have tea towels provided and changed. Great to have 2 bathrooms between the 6 of us and plenty of storage space. The beds were firmer than at home, but not uncomfortable. Just one disturbed night, but that was English hen and stag parties doing what some Brits call having fun.
We weren't staying inclusive so the bar prices were a bit high, but the children loved the 'Hello Kitty' and 'Fruit Punch' cocktails for a treat.
The girls in the shop were SO helpful when we were buying inflatables, and they inflate them for you there and then. The children loved the outdoor pool and there were plenty of seats for us to sunbathe while we watched. My only complaint was internet access. I paid for a code to use with my iPad. It wasn't expensive, but it used a quarter of the time just to set it up, then it would not let me log back in to use the remainder. Better to use the hotel computers if you are just checking emails or browsing.
Well placed for an easy walk between The Strip and The Old Town, whether you are 7 or 60+, and easy to use as a base for exploring the rest of the Algarve. This is our 2nd visit, and I'd happily go again!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms over the front door if you want quiet in the early hours.
4 Thank J B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Spent a week all inclusive here with wife and 22 month baby. Very clean hotel. Position is walking distance to both the strip and old town, 10 minutes each way. They have a bus to the old town for the lazy people!
Food was good. Lots on offer all day. Buffet service at meals times, snacks by the pool. Drink is good and table service in bar and restaurant.
Only down side is the entertainment. Nothing for children at night. They have singers etc...
I would stay here again on my next visit.

4 Thank mike-chambers