Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira
Hotel Topazio(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$115
  • Pool
Golden Beach by 3HB(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$185
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Clube Humbria by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$259
Orbitz.com
Eden Resort(Albufeira)
US$126
3,125 results
All reviewsthomas cook repsself cateringhotel paraisoold townoff licencekids clubgames roomentertainment teamcrazy golfcan't comment on the foodbit datedfamily holidaygreat holidaylarge hoteloutdoor poolall inclusive foodbed apartment
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed here in July second time in three years. I've been self catering both times as the food isn't that good I'm told, and if you factor that out, the only advantage over self catering is the free drinks and a pad for your subbed which isn't worth the all inclusive rates.

The hotel is clean, no nonsense no frills and overall very good. The rooms are more than adequate and the self catering facilities well a over average.

The one thing that sets this hotel apart is the absolutely fantastic location. 10 minutes to the right and you are on the strip, bars shops resturaunts etc.
15 minutes to the left and you are in the fabulous old town, which is a fantastic place to visit.

All in all a great hotel, the only problem is that the pool area is small and you will have to play the game with sun beds, the games commence at 06:30 sharp so if you want a bed round the pool, forget a lie in.

The rest of the mere mortals have to get a bed one one of a few grassed areas, which is an 8 am start. The downside is the ants which are everywhere.

The sun beds are very uncomfortable and are in a fixed flat position so no good for reading. The all inclusive elite as part of the package get a plastic pad to put on the loungers, makes no difference they are still uncomfortable.

The answer is to go to the supermarket five minutes walk away, buy some ant powder, get two cheap lie lows for four euros and use your new purchases to enjoy the sun.

Apart from the subbed situation, it's one of my favourite places and the location in itself will see me return again.

Room Tip: Any will do
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derkerboy
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the parisio for 14 days.Food was dreadful and so was the drink.short staffed and the hotel is filthy.The beds are the worst we have come across and that is saying something.I always write a review on trip advisor as I use it each year before we book a holiday.I am so disappointed with this place I can write no more.Just to say avoid the parisio like the plague.

Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Philip D
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a ten night stay at the Paraiso and I feel like I am ready for another holiday!

I hate to complain so much however I feel like I need to let other couples know not to book here!!!!
The pool was not at all relaxing - the music and entertainment is extremely loud from 1st thing in the morning until 5 in the evening. (I understand people may enjoy the entertainment however couples who are looking a relaxing break may not). As it is such a big hotel the pool area is always overcrowded and loud. The pool water is freezing and dirty, everyday the pool was filled with sand and stones and I didn't see it being cleaned once! There isn't enough sunbeds and we had to get up before 7 if we wanted a bed by the pool.
The breakfast is disappointing to say the least. I actually found breakfast at the Paraiso to be a bit stressful! There are Screaming children everywhere, it's in a large school-like canteen, the staff aren't helpful or pleasant and the food is way below 4star standards (in my opinion). It is that bad that the last 4 mornings we ate elsewhere.
Our bed sheets weren't cleaned once over the 10days and on the 5th day I had to ask for a fresh tea-towel and new soap. However we did get fresh towels everyday but the room was not cleaned.

Overall the hotel is in a good location but unfortunately this was the only good thing we can say. A large family who go self-catering may have a better experience than us, but all I know is this hotel is not for a couple who are looking for a relaxing break.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bwt583
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Having just returned yesterday with my family and friends and also meeting new friends I have to say have had a very pleasant holiday overall. Was worried over reviews before going but did not need to. The transfer with Thomas Cook did take an hour and a half which is a bit long and no rep to help you if you needed at checkin etc. Hotel reception very helpful even when the lift did not work to restaurant in basement we were taken by staff lift as my mother could not climb the stairs so thank you for that. You do not have to pay a deposit for breakages as per the Airtours brochure in july and August this is incorrect and also for those saying that it is a further 25 euros for tv and air con remote this is also not true. The only refundable deposit is for the safe which is 25 euros and then 2.5 euros per day you stay.

The rooms, are absolutely fine. Yes dated and yes the beds are possibly the worst I have ever slept in so these do need changing but how long are you in a room for. The studio I had was very large with plenty of hanging/storage space and also a kitchenette which was brilliant. Air conditioning worked very well and bathroom was fine.

Breakfast well if you want to go away on holiday and have a full fry up every day then don't go all inclusive in case you don't get it and then go and moan, you are not in England so why expect it everyday. Plenty of choice and if anyone dare to say there was not then I would love to see what's in your cupboards for breakfast daily!!! so cereals, cornflakes, coco pops, muesli, yogurts, banana, strawberry and vanilla flavour, pastries, croissants, buns, cakes. Fruit, pineapple, melon orange bananas apples. Toast or bread or rolls with marmalade jam, butter, margarine. alternate days for bacon, grilled ham, sausages. always scrambled eggs im afraid and yes I will agree when it's made from a powder it's not always what you want. Waffles most mornings and hash browns, baked beans or baked tomatoes, mushrooms sometimes. Now tell me there is no choice!!! plenty me thinks.

Pool - snack bar and sunbathing area. Yes you would have to be up by 6 to get sunbeds and yes there is not enough of them or sunshades we had to buy our own sunshade umbrella from the shop. mattresses are free to those all inclusive and clean pool towels everyday can't be bad. The grass area beware can be bog like some mornings depends how long they have had the sprinklers on for. Big pool and also has a swim up pool bar that no one mentions because it's not used and this is probably due to the lack of staff supplied at both pool bar and snack bar, those poor staff work very hard all day with all of us queing all the time. Also for those on the ground floor if you can get one never had to wake up early as they used to hide all of their sunbeds on their patio and cover them with towels. A different system does need to be put in place but you will find this in most places really. Pool is quite dangerous getting in and out as the white brackets around the pool are lose and come floating off also there are steps to get into the pool but are the same colour as the pool tiles and you cannot see how many there are or where they stop so be careful. They have a bridge not sure why really as anyone diving off of it yes silly I know gets banned until after lunch. Then there is an area which looks like diving boards but they are not so again don't make that mistake. The baby pool is clear in the morning as filled daily but by lunchtime you would find it difficult to see your feet. The other pool is very cold but needed after the lovely sun. Yes it could do with a bit more cleaning at the shallow end as there always seems to be black bits etc floating about.

Dinner - Again do I need to go into what's on offer, again cannot see why people complain I am fussy but I can tell you that every night there is a different meat either by carvery or kebab and also some sort of fish. there is a kids corner offering chips, pizza, fish fingers, burgers.Also spaghetti and pasta section, salad section, rolls and butter, different choice of potatoes every night, rice, vegetables, gravy, etc we had a Chinese night which was excellent. I can say it was not very nice to have to go down to the basement every night and the smell was not good either from the old nightclub that you go through but once in the restaurant you can't smell it.

The Thomas Cook Entertainment team really work really hard to put on a good show day and night and to them a big thank you as my son had a lovely time and they were very understanding of children with special needs again a huge thank you guys keep up the good work.

The Thomas Cook kids club again the staff are excellent and the kids club was not in the basement as another review said it was outside in an air conditioned place and was secur which I liked. They were very organised and played inside and out with the children. Thanks guys

The Hotel Kids Club was also excellent it costs 5 euros per day and is free on a Tuesday. The opening times are good and it was great for my son as he liked to play more outdoors and they have lots of trikes, bikes and bouncy castle etc, thank you for looking after him.

So I have gone on enough I think, we had a good time, food was fine, pool was fine, entertainment was good, it's not a four star but a good three star.

You get a blue band on arrival as well as a card that you have to show everytime you want a drink which gets a boring really not quite sure what the purpose of both is coz if you don't have a band don't give a drink but never mind. I would not say I would definitely go back as I am pretty sure that there are better hotels but it was not a bad hotel and a holiday is what you make it.

Room Tip: To get a room with a view you really have to book an apartment as all the studios do not look over the pool, do not get any sun throughout the whole day and also most over look a green roof.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The hotel is nowhere near from what it looks like. Food is served the same every day, pasta, english breakfast, salad from pasta, chicken nuggets, fish fingers...ect 3 times a day. For 7 days the swimming pool has not been cleaned ones. When you go in it you can can feel sand on the bottom. Water was not clear so you can see the bottom of it. If you want your room to be cleaned and some new soap and shampoo to be add you can forget about it. More important was fountain at front as that has been clean every day. Around the swimming pool they clean with soap and jet washer, so you can tell where all of the rubbish is going, on your towel and in the pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family