Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira
US$269
US$249
US$181
US$175
Golden Beach by 3HB(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$185
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Clube Humbria by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$272
Baia Grande(Sesmarias)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Falesia Mar by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$144
US$403
Orbitz.com
Eden Resort(Albufeira)
US$133
US$125
3,125 results
All reviewsthomas cook repsself cateringhotel paraisoold townoff licencekids clubgames roomentertainment teamcrazy golfcan't comment on the foodbit datedfamily holidaygreat holidaylarge hoteloutdoor poolall inclusive foodbed apartment
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Just returned from the best holiday I have ever had, the hotel was fantastic, the cleaniest I have ever stayed in, fresh towels and cleaning done 6 days a week.

Food wasnt always the best, but plenty of choice and there was always something that we could eat, the snack pool by the bar was the best for kids food.

Staff were all pleasant and helpful, very professional constantly cleaning.

Entertainers were best we had ever seen in kids club, they got to know all the kids names and chatted to you whenever they saw you round the hotel, they were fantastic at their job and it made my 4 years holiday..

I did read the review about the couple who were there same week as us and got food poisoning, I am sorry it spoilt their holiday but like them we only ate and drank from the hotel and all three sof us were eating different foods each day and never so much as had a bad stomach.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank willis5604
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I have just returned from the Paraiso with my husband and 2 children 11 and 8 and all I can say is "I want to go back!" This is a great hotel with great facilities, great entertainment and in a lovely area.

The hotel rooms are clean and spacious. Cleaned every day except tuesday when the maids have a day off.
The hotel entertainers are fantastic!!!! They work so hard and always seem happy in what there doing. Friendly too as they often stopped and spoke to us in the evenings when they had a break! Some of the time in the evenings is devoted to adults only with a few silly games. Nothing to much because the kids are there but get involved and its so much fun!! Try and win that "Superstar" T shirt!!! Loads of stuff for the kids to do day and night!! Hardly saw my 11 year old all week...Heaven!
Pool side snack bar was great. It saved going in for lunch and missing out on the sun!
Breakfast was ok and so was dinner. Dinner did get a bit repetative for some of us but thats just because we are fussy and didn't like some of it, but my husband found something to eat every night!!

The pool was cold, but they hadn't had much sun before we went so it hadn't really warmed up yet. We did go in it though, even if it was for only 10 minutes. It didn't bother the kids much, they were in it loads!

The area itself is nice about 10/15 minute walk to the beach.

Watch out for the people along the strip with clipboards!! They start by asking you to fill in a survey about your holiday and end up dragging you round about 3 hotels, buying you drinks and it all turns out to be a con for a timeshare!!! We were the unfortunate ones who happened to fall for it and it took up about 3 hours of our day! The girls who showed us around were lovely and I know they have a job to do but at the end of it all it seemed to take a while for them to understand NO!! Steer clear from them but they are all the way down the strip, about every 100 yards!!
We didn't let it ruin our holiday! Once we had told them no all the way along they gave up! Eventually!!

Portugal was a lovely place and the Paraiso was a great hotel! Great for what we payed for it! i would go back but probaly a bit more into the season!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lucyryan
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Just back from this hotel and first four days were wonderful. This is a really good four star hotel with excellent amenities and friendly staff, however, on the fifth day of our holiday both my husband and I were unwell with food poisoning (we were all inclusive and had not eaten or drunk, even a packet of crisps, outside the hotel). My husband was OK again within 24 hours, however, I was not as lucky, I was extremely ill. I was so ill I could not leave my bed and passed out three times in a attempt to get to the bathroom. On the first occasion I passed out I hit the side of the bath and fractured my ribs. Reception called a doctor who confirmed food poisioning and gave me an injection for the extreme pain I was in due to the fractured ribs. I am back home and will be in a lot of pain for the next 4/6 weeks until the ribs heal. On the day of our departure (the doctor advised me not to travel but I had to get home) I approached staff at reception and informed them of the above but they were not in the least interested. I did not even get to speak to the Manager. My own GP is in the process of investigating what the bug actually is and advises me that nine times out of 10 this condition is caused by someone not washing their hands after using the toilet and then proceeding to prepare food. Beware.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SantaGlasgow
Reviewed 8 May 2009

we recently went to paraiso de albufeira which was on the 30th may and it was fantastic,the rooms and every single place in the hotel was spotless the food was great and they had a wide selection,the staff were very polite and spoke very good english and i must say the entertainment for the children was absoulutley brilliant they catered for the children day and night and they was amazing,we went all inclusive which i think was the best way as the snack bar was very expensive it was 4.50 just for a cheeseburger so being all inclusive was a good thing,they also have there own hairdressers which was name jean-marie and i must say the prices were a lilttle extreme i got my hair braided and it was only a quater off my hair and it cost 15 euros and they did it wrong instead of doing it the way i asked it from the picture they did it another way without asking and on the 1st one she went too fast and it looked messed up and was not to satisfaction but overall it was great,the outside pool was very cold but everyone was willing to take a dip theonly bad things around the pool was that the pool bar as NOT in use and nither was the diving boards or the bridge ,the weather was not great when we got there but everyday after that was really really nice,the hotel was placed in a fantastic area in the middle of the old and new town the beaches was gorgeous and there was a good shopping centre not far from the hotel name modelo which was like a portugese tesco and the truth is that this hotel was great ! and i defenitley recommend you to visit there as i would defeinantly go back !!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HolidayAdvisorGirl
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I wiaied on purpose before writing this review so I could let my opinion settle so it is not written on impulse as soon as I got home.
This accommodation should be a great property indeed it looked the part modern, stylish , bright and spacious.
Thats the good parts covered.The staff which other reviewers have mentioned fall in to two groups ,those who go about their jobs efficently and with enough manners towards guests to get by ,sadly the others are rude to the point that it seems they work hard at being rude. They work at reception and in the main bar.Example, for four nights I asked reception to call a taxi for me - no problems at all - on the fifth night the staff member demanded 80 cents for the call when I mentioned I did not have to pay this before he asked for the name of the staff who did not collect the fee saying he would report him- not much solidarity among staff there!! when I said I did not know about paying the 80 cents he pointed to an A5 page on a plastic stand about thirty feet away along the desk - its a very long reception- and said I should read the notices 'they are to inform you'
How many notices are you expected to read??

Others mention hard beds these beds are like park benches they are so hard and so are the pillows.I thought the pillow was a folded cardboard carton in a pillow case it was so hard I ended up putting my beach towel on top of it to make it bearable - twice I woke up with a stiff neck because of the pillows.

We never ate at the hotel but be warned the restaurant resembles a school canteen and smells of the chlorine from the indoor it overlooks The food may be fine but I would not like to eat in that atmosphere also the main route to the outdoor pool and garden is thru this restaurant.
The room we had was fine clean ,spacious and well equiped the balcony was not so good as it got hardly any sun ( this seemed to apply to most of them) and after dark the balcony lights were centrally controlled so if you wanted to sit out you could not switch your own light on or off.
The main bar lacked any style or atmosphere and was very pricey , it was usually taken over by very loud poor quality entertainment ( reps doing their best) and the kids shows ran to well after 10pm. it seemed only those with kids used the bar all others when elsewhere.
I travel extensively and regularly and this time I was actually glad my weeks holidays was over - I was glad to go home .
Beware this property does not fulfill its brochure description.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple